Thanks to Jeremy, i found how to reactivate the repos myself. Basically, two steps were required:
- Add the (already existing) local repository to EGit's
- "Share" each of the projects again using "use or create repository".
The second step won't work if the repo isn't available in the repository view. So, after an eclipse upgrade, do the following:
Add the (already existing) local repository to EGit's
Git Repositories view
- Open the
- Hit the "add" button (Tooltip:
Add an existing local Git Repository to this view)
- In the "Add Git Repositories" dialogue, under
Search criteria, enter the workspace directory, select "
Look for nested repositores", and hit Search:
- Select the repositories you want to add and click OK
"Share" each of the projects again using "use or create repository"
- Open you existing project in Eclipse's
- Right-click and select "
Select Git Project, and in the next dialogue, select "
Use or create Repository in parent folder of project". Important: don't try to select the repository from the combo box that's visible when "
Use or create Repository in parent folder of project" isn't selected - it won't work.
The wizard suggests the local git repository that's located in the current project, so just hit Finish.
In my case, the git repos existed but the team context did not show the "Share this project" option. It looked like the project was partially configured with git.
I could fix the problem by deleting the project (without deleting the actual files) and then importing the project back to eclipse.
Even after adding git repos I cannot do Team/Share on project, but what helped was to close and open project - you can also select multiple projects so action is quick
- How make Eclipse/EGit recognize existing repository information after update?
- How do I create a remote git repository in EGit and link it to an existing Eclipse project?
- How to create just one Git repository w/ EGit for multiple existing LibGDX projects in Eclipse w/o revising the existing structure of those projects?
- How to make an existing directory into an eclipse project
- How do you make eclipse use an existing svn working copy?
- How to download/clone a new branch from my server git repository into an already created local git repository in my PC with Eclipse EGit
- How to make Eclipse use an existing makefile that is not in root of project
- How do I make eclipse acknowledge my include files in a C++ Existing Makefile project?
- How do I configure Eclipse to use an existing git repository with existing source code?
- Eclipse Juno cannot make new project after update
- How do you make Eclipse recognize Java EE jar files so Servlets can compile?
- How to add an existing git repository (without an eclipse project) into eclipse?
- How do I make Eclipse recognize JUnit tests when creating a suite?
- How do I make Eclipse recognize KBUILD_MODNAME?
- How can I make Eclipse C.D.T. recognize C++11 features?
- How to reconfigure Eclipse egit after move from Linux to Windows?
- How to make Eclipse formatter put a new line after arrays in a type annotation declartion?
- How to add an already existing branch in an already existing Android Repository on Eclipse
- How to make eclipse recognize the correct file extension/open the correct editor for files opened outside of the scope of a project?
- How to make Eclipse Compiler copy existing class files to the target dir?
- How to let EGIT recognize two Git Repositories in one Eclipse project?
- Android Eclipse not working after Java Update how do I fix it?
- How to bring Autocomplete feature in a CQ5 Archtype Maven project and make eclipse recognize CQ classes like SlingRepository, javax.jcr.Node etc?
- How to make Eclipse to automatically free the port after stopping the application?
- How do I make an android manifest for an existing non-android Eclipse project?
- How to make eclipse cdt UI Blocking code run in background and show the result in an editor after finishing the run?
- How can I make eclipse recognize projects from another computer?
- How can I change eclipse.ini file via p2 repository update to make -vm to look another JRE?
- How to get eclipse (Android ) work after update ?
- How to make Tortoise recognize project checkout originaly using Eclipse Plugin for SVN?
More Query from same tag
- GitHub OAuth is not configured. Configure OAuth in the che.properties file
- Launch a activity with button click using a FragmentActivity
- Unable to create web application archive: No such file or directory
- How to save Eclipse task tags and bookmarks
- setting JAVA_HOME in windows 7
- How to change font (family) of comments in Eclipse?
- What is compileSdkVersion?
- Error with Java Scanner
- How to save an editor state in eclipse
- Disabling the edittext by default by unchecking the checkbox error
- How do you contribute a command to an editor context menu in Eclipse
- "launching 'project' has encountered .." , project file does not exist
- Android Eclipse ADT 8.0.0 (and 8.0.1) problem - can't create views hierarchy with drag and drop in the Outline view
- Eclipse The hierarchy of the type ... is inconsistent with @Configurable annotation
- cannot resolve a specific bundle from a manifest file
- How to fill the group SWT widget with necessary details inside the border
- Error exists after project being imported in eclipse
- How to hijack files from clearcase from eclipse plugin
- Eclipse Android Graphical Layout Not Showing Anything
- Create sub-category off General category in Import Wizard
- Eclipse error when using a gradle project
- How to inspect "current" exception in Eclipse debugger?
- IBM Worklight 6.1 - Uncaught ReferenceErrors: WLJQ is not defined, WL is not defined
- Signing a private key with android sdk tool
- Cannot run Eclipse
- The type Collection is not generic; it cannot be parameterized with arguments <? extends E>
- Eclipse autoadd inheritDoc to override
- NAND error in Hello World project in the official Android developer tutorial
- Got Kivy to finally work in Eclipse, compiles then error: CRITICAL Application No window is created.Terminating application run