i had the same problem. i installed eclipse 3.7 into a new folder, and created a new workspace. i launch eclipse with a -data argument to reference the new workspace.
when i attempt to connect to the marketplace to get the svn and maven plugins, i get the same issues described in op.
after a few more tries, i cleared the proxy settings for socks protocol, and i was able to connect to the marketplace.
so the solution for me was to configure the manual settings for http and https proxy, clear the settings for socks, and restart eclipse.
for me, i go to \eclipse\configuration.settings\org.eclipse.core.net.prefs set the property systemproxiesenabled to true manually and restart eclipse.
i installed handycache, in them install link on my general proxy.
in ie set proxy 127.0.0.1.
in eclipse, window > preferences > general > network connections, set active provider = native.
just to add to the thread as a possible solution, i faced a similar issue when developing on a linux system that was behind a company firewall. however, using a windows xp machine, eclipse was able to access different update sites just fine as both the manual and native network connection providers worked just fine using the company proxy.
after stumbling around for some time, i came across a discussion about using ntlmv2 and an implementation to be found at http://cntlm.sourceforge.net/. to whomever posted this, i give much credit to as it helped me get past the issue running on linux. as a side note, i was using eclipse 3.6.2 / helios on both the linux and windows distros.
best of luck on finding a solution!
finally work for me !
in eclipse, window > preferences > general > network connections,
set active provider to native
add to eclipse.ini :
there is an eclipse.ini (sts.ini) parameter that can help:
a lot of effort wasted on this trivial setting each time i change the work environment... see one of the related bugs on eclipse bugzilla.
manual + disable socks didn't work for me (still tried to use socks and my company proxy refused it),
native + changed eclipse.ini worked for me
these settings require ide restart (sometimes with
-clean -refresh command line options).
java8, eclipse neon3, slow proxy server:
- How do I configure the proxy settings so that Eclipse can download new plugins?
- How do I configure the proxy settings so eclipse indigo can install new plugins
- How can I configure Eclipse to that it saves all opened documents whenever the Eclipse window loses focus?
- How can I automate installing eclipse with the same plugins and settings on multiple computers?
- How to install Team artifacts plugins in the Eclipse IDE, such that I can import or export code from repositories?
- How can I look at the current environmental variables that eclipse IDE is using?
- How to use eclipse with ssh, so that the remote projects can be edited by local eclipse?
- CUDA and Eclipse: How can I tell eclipse that <<< (or >>>) is part of the syntax?
- How can I configure the formatter settings in PhpEclipse?
- In Eclipse 3.5 (and with the Aptana plugins), how do I get a view that I can use to show my project, including "dot" files?
- From within the Eclipse IDE, how can I show a list of types that exist in a jar?
- How to create a jar file for the eclipse plugin project that should be able to download and run without eclipse software?
- How can I change the location of folders that Eclipse creates in the Users\(user)\ directory?
- How can I configure the Eclipse editor (or PyDev) to treat a dot as a word boundary on Mac OS X?
- How can I ask Eclipse to always prefer the newest version of a library that is included by other libraries?
- How can I add new custom "sample projects" to the Eclipse "New Gradle Project" wizard?
- How can I configure additional eclipse settings with m2eclipse?
- How do I configure to use the Android SDK already installed on my system without downloading the Eclipse packages via "Install New Software"?
- How can i create code generator in eclipse that can generate code regarding the class atributes
- How can I retrieve the classpath string from my Eclipse project that uses Maven?
- How can I see the new web application option in Eclipse
- How can I download the Eclipse CVS plugin for the Eclipse 20221-09 separate from Eclipse?
- How can I connect Kie Workbench with eclipse, So that I can use the project created in kie workbench in eclipse
- How do I configure proxy settings in eclipse mars
- How to configure project in Eclipse so that jsps can be validated properly including <%@page import="...%>in <@include file="...">
- How can I enable or disable the eclipse new wizard?
- How can I make Eclipse download new software from a different mirror?
- Eclipse & Grade how to generate jar so that debugger can access the source code?
- How do I get Eclipse to see that there are new files in a git repository and add them to the project
- How can I configure the name of the "configuration" folder in an eclipse product?
More Query from same tag
- I am trying to locate eclipse's jar repositories for jsdt
- Transfer data from one screen to another on android eclipse
- Top-Level Exception app:dexDebug --dex -no-optimize --output android studio
- How do I change the background color of a conditional macro in eclipse?
- Having trouble understanding how to use the Android AWS SDK
- Maven plugin install with Eclipse
- Eclipse Java 11 classpath only not working compared to Maven
- AngularJs integration with Eclipse over Maven & Jersey
- HashMap.put() is overriding existing item for different key
- eclipse is showing error on render() in play2
- How to Implement EJB with Web Application in Java With Eclipse IDE and Tomcat Server
- File path for csv-file in Java
- Go programing language please help me set up eclipse or vim or text editor
- Eclipse and Cassandra
- Java frame and action of a button
- Subversion flags folders as deleted on update
- Change in perspective name not appearing
- How to install Parallel Tools Platform into my existing Eclipse IDE?
- How to find where a method is used in Java project
- Files disappeared, could be related to Eclipse
- creating modified version of an official Eclipse distribution
- sbteclipse: Managed dependencies not found by eclipse
- How to debug deployed war on tomcat ec2 instance with local eclipse source code
- Eclipse IDE Shows Warnings On Project When None Exist
- How to reset a file to a particular commit with JGit?
- Can I convert a .clang-format file to the Eclipse formatter format?
- Malformed url excpetion while trying to run sample spring boot app
- Android: App Not Previewing in AVD
- Internal mechanism of TreeViewer for updte
- Eclipse interaction with Tomcat - cannot undeploy applications