in the package explorer, in the upper right corner of the view, there is a little down arrow. tool tip will say view menu. from that menu, select filters
from there, uncheck .* resources.
package explorer -> view menu -> filters -> uncheck .* resources.
with eclipse kepler and os x this is a bit different:
package explorer -> customize view -> filters -> uncheck .* resources
preferences -> remote systems -> files -> show hidden files
(make sure this is checked)
if you're using eclipse pdt, this is done by opening up the php explorer view, then clicking the upside-down triangle in the top-right of that window. a context window appears, and the filters option is available there. clicking the filters menu option opens a new window, where .* files can be unchecked, thus allowing the editing of .htaccess files.
i searched forever for this, so i'm sorta answering my own question here. i'm sure someone else will have the same problem too, so i hope this helps someone else as well.
eclipse shows hidden files in the "navigator" view. you can add that via window->show view->navigator.
if using zend studio, same arrow, go to rse view, click on the downward facing arrow, hit preferences, and then check show hidden files.
that did the trick for me.
in my case, i wanted to see .htaccess files, but not all the other .* resources.
in zend studio for eclipse, in php explorer (not remote system explorer), click the downward facing arrow (next to the left/right arrows).
uncheck .* resources
in the "name filter patterns" area, type the filenames you want to ignore.
i used: .svn, .cvs, .ds_store, .buildpath, .project
in your package explorer, pull down the menu and select "filters ...". you can adjust what types of files are shown/hidden there.
looking at my red hat developer studio (approximately eclipse 3.2), i see that the top item in the list is ".* resources" and it is excluded by default.
on mac: eclipse -> preferences -> remote systems -> files -> click show hidden files.
i'm using 64 bit eclipse for php devleopers version: helios service release 2
it cam with rse..
none of the above solutions worked for me... what i did was similar to scubabble's answer, but after clicking the down arrow (view menu) in the top of the rse package explorer i had to mouseover "preferences" and click on "remote systems"
i then opened the "remote systems" nav tree in the left of the preferences window that came u and went to "files"
underneath a list of file types is a checkbox that was unchecked: "show hidden files"
for project explorer view:
1. click on arrow(view menu) in right corner
2. select customize view... item from menu
3. uncheck *.resources checkbox under filters tab
4. click ok
cory is correct
@ if you're using eclipse pdt, this is done by opening up the php explorer view
i just spent about half an hour looking for the little arrow, until i actually looked up what the 'php explorer' view is. here is a screenshot:
- How can I get Eclipse to show .* files?
- How can I get Eclipse to store .class files in a folder outside the Project folder where I store the .java source files?
- How can I get Eclipse to show non-printable characters like IntelliJ does
- In Eclipse 3.5 (and with the Aptana plugins), how do I get a view that I can use to show my project, including "dot" files?
- How do you get the Eclipse Package Explorer to show files whose names begins with a . (period)?
- How can I get eclipse to compile java files in WEB-INF/classes
- How can I get Eclipse PDT to only show my code templates on CTRL-SPACEBAR?
- How can I get a Directory Listing of Files i gave my Android App with Eclipse
- How can I get the ADT Banner to show on start up instead of the eclipse banner?
- How can I get Eclipse to scroll past the bottom of the document?
- How can I get word wrap to work in Eclipse PDT for PHP files?
- How do I get a new branch to show up in Eclipse Git Remote Tracking?
- How can I get Eclipse 2018.09 to use the JUnit 4 test runner by default?
- How can I get Eclipse to index code inside #ifdef .... #endif
- How can I make hidden files display in Eclipse Project explorer when using a RSE linked folder?
- How do I get Eclipse to show the entire javadoc for a class
- How can I get Eclipse to insert tabs instead of spaces for Java content assist?
- How can I get Eclipse to index an entire C/C++ source tree that contains multiple "make projects"?
- How can I get eclipse to wrap lines after a period instead of before
- how do i get eclipse to interpret .ejs files as .html?
- How can I run a Maven webapp in Eclipse when I use profiles to populate properties files at build time?
- how to get eclipse show a folder from file system
- How to get Java API Javadocs to show up in Eclipse in Ubuntu
- Eclipse is trying to build the files in my .svn directories... how can I tell it to stop?
- How can I get autocomplete for CSS3 properties on Eclipse (Helios)
- How can I get Eclipse work with Maven and SVN correctly?
- When you get a stack trace in Eclipse with SDK classes in the stack, how can you see the SDK sources?
- How can I disable HTML validation for PHP files in Eclipse Juno 4.2.1?
- How can I run multiple eclipse launch files sequentially?
- How do you make Eclipse recognize Java EE jar files so Servlets can compile?
More Query from same tag
- Error in progress bar
- ajc on Maven command line, but not in Eclipse in order to keep Lombok working
- SpringBoot: GroupId and ArtifactId based on a property dynamically
- Is there any way to create a key binding in eclipse RCP that works regardless the focus?
- Import android.bluetooth.BluetoothGatt cannot be resolved
- android Eclipse logcat error: device() request rejected - device not found
- How to edit Layout to full length of screen?
- An error occured while executing doInBackground()
- how to call a public class to display gui in java using jformdesigner
- Eclipse reopen file at last viewed position
- Make eclipse ignore all errors in current project
- Android NDK: break point installation failed when adding break points
- Open up Eclipse Editor in a dialog
- How to share OSGi bundles between JBoss and Eclipse RCP?
- How does Eclipse generate Javadoc?
- How to import Intellij IDEA keymaps into eclipse?
- Eclipse run configuration file exists in workspace
- Eclipse shortcut for switching current working set
- Eclipse and struts syntax errors in JSP files
- (Tomcat 7) Deployed jar not finding files
- How to add an ontology file in rdf sesame on Android?
- where to place onBackPressed
- How to reproduce bin folder in Eclipse after it is deleted?
- Android ViewPager control doesn't appear in Graphical Layout Editor
- Remove extra leading spaces in single-line comments in Eclipse
- Eclipse CDT auto format C program
- JDBC SQLite not enforcing unique primary key constraint
- can't run android app on galaxy stellar
- What is RemoteSystemsTempFiles in Eclipse?
- Not able to import Specs2 in eclipse (scala-ide) project