my theme plugin provide full featured customization for eclipse 4. try it. visit plugin page
the best way to install new themes in any eclipse platform is to use the eclipse marketplace.
1.go to help > eclipse marketplace
2.search for "color themes"
3.install and restart
4.go to window > preferences > general > appearance > color themes
5.select anyone and apply. restart.
update december 2012 (19 months later):
the big fun is that, the codes are minimized by using eclipse4 platform technologies like dependency injection.
it proves that again, the concise codes and advanced features could be achieved by contributing or extending with the external form (like library, framework).
new language is not necessary just for this kind of purpose.
update july 2012 (14 months later):
with the latest eclipse4.2 (june 2012, "juno") release, you can implement what i originally described below: a css-based fully dark theme for eclipse.
see the article by lars vogel in "eclipse 4 is beautiful – create your own eclipse 4 theme":
if you want to play with it, you only need to write a plug-in, create a css file and use the
org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.themeextension point to point to your file.
if you export your plug-in, place it in the “dropins” folder of your eclipse installation and your styling is available.
original answer: august 2011
with eclipse 3.x, theme is only for the editors, as you can see in the site "eclipse color themes".
anything around that is managed by windows system colors.
that is what you need to change to have any influence on eclipse global colors around editors.
take a look at rogerdudler/eclipse-ui-themes . in the readme there is a link to a file that you need to extract into your
when you have done that go to
window -> preferences -> general -> appearance
and change the theme from gtk (or what ever it is currently) to
dark juno (or dark).
that will change the ui to a nice dark theme but to get the complete look and feel you can get the eclipse color theme plugin from eclipsecolorthemes.org. the easiest way is to add this update uri to "help -> install new software" and install it from there.
this adds a "color theme" menu item under
window -> preferences -> appearance
where you can select from a large range of editor themes. my preferred one to use with pydev is wombat. for java
- How can i change the color of equal to sign "=" in eclipse or aptana theme
- How can I change Eclipse theme?
- How can I change font size in Eclipse for ALL text editors?
- Eclipse - How can I change a 'Project Facet' from Tomcat 6 to Tomcat 5.5?
- Eclipse dark theme for windows: how to change the color of scroll bars and title bars to dark?
- Can I change eclipse theme to look like netbeans?
- Eclipse Theme - How to change the color of the main editor text
- How (if possible) can I change the color option for the highlighted search results in eclipse (Moonrise theme)?
- How can I change Eclipse color scheme for a specific file extension?
- how can i change eclipse from "c/c++" to "java" enviorment?
- How can I change the default IDetailPane in an Eclipse plugin?
- How can I change the Eclipse GUI font?
- How can I change the title of my Eclipse RCP at runtime?
- How can I change the view / editor for a file in Eclipse using the keyboard?
- Eclipse CDT: How can I change background color of tooltip in editor?
- How can I get Eclipse to re-compile my JUnit test when I make a change to it?
- How can I change the default Eclipse console?
- How can I change the date format in Eclipse editor templates?
- How can I change a source folder to a test source folder in Eclipse
- I wants to import eclipse theme file to zend studio how can i do it?
- How to change theme in eclipse (whole theme, not font!)
- How can I change the location of folders that Eclipse creates in the Users\(user)\ directory?
- How can an Eclipse plugin programmatically change JSDT's default formatter template?
- How can I change the background color for the the Eclipse 3.5 editor?
- How can I change the layout of eclipse workspace selection dialog?
- How do i change theme of eclipse while writing/editing files(java file/html file/jsp file etc)?
- How can I change these colors in Eclipse
- How to change application theme in Eclipse
- How can I change how eclipse invokes gdb in linux?
- How to change the selected text color in pydev / eclipse dark theme
More Query from same tag
- reg: what is the library dependency for sqlContext?
- Eclipse PDT + xdebug: step through code broken
- Trying to understand how Git works
- How to open Android source code in Eclipse ADT
- How can I hide/show an element when a button is pressed?
- .metadata\.log error in eclipse
- Loading system Library does not allow functions to be used when in a package
- Application design in Eclipse RCP
- Tkinter on Pydev Eclipse doesn't work
- Executable LibGDX Jar File doesn't load assets
- Eclipse Php neon exit code= 13 HEEELLPP
- Android:jar library won't work compared to project library
- Building spring boot project with maven
- Eclipse IDE problem "not win32 application"
- error of grails project from svn : GroovyObject cannot be resolved
- Rename class fields accessors in Eclipse
- Why doesn't Eclipse show default proposals for JSTL code?
- After importing into eclipse using eGit, can't compile and run. What do I do?
- How do i link my android app to another built in application like google maps?
- check-in gwt code using SVN in eclipse
- Launch executable jar file
- phantom breakpoint driving me crazy!
- A Java web project created with Maven is not recognized as such by Eclipse
- Is it possbile to use Java SE version above 8 in Eclipse or any other IDE?
- No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'
- How to hide elements in graphical layout?
- java.lang NULL POINT Exception
- SAP HANA uses which Eclipse IDE?
- Maven showing error when trying to connect to cloudera url for cdh jar location
- How can I get Eclipse to save preferences?