cleaning up worked for me:
right click on the project -> team -> cleanup / refresh
encounter this when server is upgrading svn version.
for idea intellij user, what we need to do is
- select the project root directory in the left project panel
- in the top menu, select
vcs -> subversion -> cleanup
now you should be able to checkin/out.
for whomever is using smartsvn (in macos) and eclipse, if after clean up at eclipse using the accepted answer is still not working, you may try to clean up at smartsvn, top menu ->
i had hard time solving this issue and i finally figured out what happened.
if you use svn add-on with eclipse or intellij idea and delete some files our of it (from system's file browser, then you will get this message as well.
the only way i was able to solve it in idea was to commit changes via external svn tool, then reopened the ide and checkout changes. after that i was able to commit with no such error.
in my case, project -> team -> cleanup / refresh worked for one of the files but not the other. simply copy the command that failed from svn console on eclipse and run it in console with "svn" prefix works for me. so the syntax is:
svn commit -m "comment" -n /path/to/file
try to execute from the terminal:
team -> refresh/cleaunp from ide didn't work for me.
there is bug reported in svnkit with the same error.
this is most likely your console svn version is different to your eclipse "svnkit (pure java)" version, you can change preferences=>team=>svn=>svn interface=>client using "javahl (jni)"
my case is as below, using java hl 1.7.10 is ok, but using svnkit v1.7.9 will have the problem
wuliang-mac:src wwu$ svn --version
svn, version 1.7.10 (r1485443)
compiled jul 9 2013, 12:55:03
as i commented in other post...
for those that project -> team -> cleanup doesn't work in eclipse try:
- force the cleanup using svn tortoise
- from terminal with command
svn cleanup /folder_to_cleanup
- Getting "CHECKOUT can only be performed on a version resource" when trying to commit using Eclipse subversive plugin
- Getting "Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 exception" only when running Spring projects
- Is there a maximum number you can set Xmx to when trying to increase jvm memory?
- Eclipse on Mac, getting "Specified VM install not found" error when trying to build
- How can I check/upgrade Proguard version when using it in Eclipse for Android development?
- NameNotFoundException: While trying to lookup 'jdbc' only when publishing from Eclipse Kepler but not Indigo
- Getting the message "Cannot start the update ui..." when trying to run the update UI in Eclipse
- Getting 'An internal error occurred during: "Compacting resource model".' when building a project in eclipse indigo
- Getting "Launch error: Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection timed out" when trying to debug my app on my device in android
- in eclipse 3.61 getting error when trying to install google WindowMaker via updatesite
- I'm getting a noclassdeffounderror when trying to generate pojos or mapping with hibernate tools
- Getting HTTP Status 404 error when trying to run servlet
- Error "Invalid resource directory name" when trying to create android app with phonegap in eclipse
- getting java.lang.NullPointerException when trying to run nutch from eclipse with a cassandra datastore
- Android Resource not found exception when trying to add a datepicker to layout
- Getting errors when I am trying to run the hellogridview
- Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 Error With Eclipse When Trying to Reference Jar File
- Getting an error when trying to create a new project in the QNX Momentics IDE (an Eclipse IDE)
- Trying to remotely compile, using the command line, a Java program with multiple dependencies that I can currently only compile locally in Eclipse
- How can I run a Maven webapp in Eclipse when I need resource filtering for properties files?
- I keep getting "No Persistence provider for EntityManager" when trying to run Vogella.de JPA tutorial
- C/C++ in Eclipse, can I use a #define to set a breakpoint, but only when steping through code?
- No javadoc in eclipse when trying to see documentation of any resource
- Android apps works only when no sdk version is specified in manifest
- Getting error This Android SDK requires Android Developer Tool kit version 23.0.0 or above even when it is already installed
- Getting Setting build path error when trying to change the
- How to resolve Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 error when trying to run Maven project Java
- How can I fix "path for project must have only one segment" error when creating a new GWT project in eclipse?
- Keep Getting Error When Trying to Run Javafx on Eclipse with Mac
- I got java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when trying to automate a forum using POM in Selenium... how can I fix this?
More Query from same tag
- How should I display a validation error detected by an ICellEditorValidator?
- Documentation on Eclipse Monkey
- How to Create a jar file from github project
- Jenkins: How do I check out two repository URLs into the same workspace without deleting the first one?
- How do I delete the launch configuration of a deleted project if Eclipse(C++) refuses to automatically do it?
- Disable / Prevent editing during debug (Eclipse)
- App stops working when an help(alertdialog) option is chosen from menu
- Loading Images from Jar file only works on Development Machine?
- Nodeclipse won't run or debug app on OSX Maverick, nodeclipse 0.8.0, and JDK 1.7.03_45
- Add ttcn3 syntax highlighting to eclipse
- TerminateAction.java is missing in the Package org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.actions.context for Eclipse 3.7.2
- Eclipse Visual Editor: Components not shown in JTabbedPane
- How to import .java from another project AND package in android
- What are the requirements and use cases to have an eclipse headless application?
- How to extract specific data from a large .txt file, and print it while run time?
- eclipse plugins not visible
- Command 'Syso(Ctrl + " space")' not working in Eclipse IDE
- In eclipse windows builder design view not showing anything
- Eclipse : How to terminate all applications at once?
- Eclipse error 'UseStringDeduplication'
- Scripting Eclipse .. or alternatives
- Eclipse Android : Make 4 ImageButtons fill screen in a raw
- How can I set of image size according to screen size with universal image loader.jar?
- Add static files like resources in Java eclipse project
- Eclipse: How to install uml2 Tools SDK in Eclipse 4.3 (kepler)?
- Tabhost application closed un expectedly in android/eclipse
- Moving Cursor Down a line - Java
- Running Emma with Eclipse on Ubuntu
- Is there a semantic query tool for java/java IDEs?
- Blackberry Application Signing, Is it required?