is there an easy way to view all methods which contain this comment? some sort of menu option?
yes, choose one of the following:
go to window → show view → tasks (not tasklist). the new view will show up where the "console" and "problems" tabs are by default.
as mentioned elsewhere, you can see them next to the scroll bar as little blue rectangles if you have the source file in question open.
if you just want the
// todo auto-generated method stubmessages (rather than all
// todomessages) you should use the search function (ctrl-f for ones in this file search → java search → search string for the ability to specify this workspace, that file, this project, etc.)
- push ctrl+h
- got to file search tab
- enter "// todo auto-generated method stub" in containing text field
- enter "*.java" in filename patterns field
- select proper scope
in adition to the other answers mentioning the tasks view:
it is also possible to filter the tasks that are listed to only show the todos that contain the text
// todo auto-generated method stub.
to achieve this you can click on the filters... button in the top right of the tasks view and define custom filters like this:
this way it's a bit easier and faster to find only some of the todos in the project in the tasks view, and you don't have to search for the text in all files using the eclipse search tool (which can take quite some time).
sometimes window → show view does not show the tasks. just go to window → show view -> others and type tasks in the dialog box.
tasks view, under window -> show view -> tasks
go to window>show view >markers
than you will get java task .
java task have all todos of your project
- Find TODO tags in Eclipse
- Eclipse "cannot find the tag library descriptor" for custom tags (not JSTL!)
- todo tags not working on eclipse and pydev
- TODO tags aren't found in Eclipse with PyDev
- Identify TODO tags in Eclipse
- Android Eclipse - Could not find *.apk
- How to create a project from existing source in Eclipse and then find it?
- How to find out if an installed Eclipse is 32 or 64 bit version?
- Eclipse "Error: Could not find or load main class"
- Can't find AVD or SDK manager in Eclipse
- Find methods calls in Eclipse project
- "Unable to find main class" with Maven on spring-boot project in Eclipse
- Eclipse Error: Could not find or load main class
- Find unused classes in a Java Eclipse project
- Eclipse shows errors but I can't find them
- Eclipse can't find XML related classes after switching build path to JDK 10
- How to find usages using Eclipse IDE?
- Cannot find "Package Explorer" view in Eclipse
- Excluding file types in Eclipse / Aptana find in files search
- Find all occurrences of a function in Eclipse
- Find out what JVM Eclipse is running on
- Running Gradle project via Eclipse errors "system Cannot find System Java Compiler"
- Custom TODO mark in Eclipse
- How to find complete list of warnings in eclipse IDE
- Can Eclipse Be Used To Find All Deprecated Method Calls?
- How do I find the "Preferences" menu in Eclipse in OS X?
- Eclipse can't find / load main class
- can't find run as junit test in eclipse
- Where can I find older versions of Eclipse ADT
- "Could not find the main class" error when running jar exported by Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Cannot import csv file to JAVA
- Load images on an applet HTML
- How to use WEKA source code in eclipse?
- Share Eclipse config preferences
- BoneCP SLF4J ClassNotFoundException
- Change all font sizes in Eclipse
- Java classpath for 32 bit & 64 bit
- eclipse wont let me create a dynamic web project
- Eclipse Juno does not Mark Occurrences after using "Open declaration"
- mirror image Git repository discovered in the binary side of an Eclipse project
- How to debug lambda expression in Java 8 using Eclipse?
- Eclipse Code Templates for class
- How to remove jax-ws webservice from project after it's been created
- Hibernate 5.1.0 Errors Unable to perform unmarshalling and Cannot find the declaration of element 'hibernate-configuration'
- Multiple Xtext DSLs in single Eclipse project
- How to import other projects to use in my code ( Color picker )
- Create a Hudson job with Hudson down?
- Using Coldfusion Builder and the Mercurial Eclipse plugin, how can you check in changes - including those in linked folders
- How to call a main class in a jar package from eclipse?
- Eclipse plugin for spring Boot
- Change Mouse pointer for block selection in Eclipse
- Return change set from Outgoing to Unresolved
- How do I share common Python/Jython code between a Python and Java project with Pydev/Eclipse?
- Class name to Share via Intent to LinkedIn only
- eclipse remove unselected breakpoints
- Eclipse Outbound connection blocked : The same url works from web browser
- Regex for removing (non-Javadoc) @see comments?
- Remove element from an array (code-specific)
- UnsupportedClassVersionError exception prevents Tomcat from starting
- android unfortunately has stopped