go to the method in x.java, and select open call hierarchy from the context menu.
select method > right click > references > workspace/project (your preferred context )
this will show you a search view containing the hierarchy of class and method which using this method.
move the cursor to the method name. right click and select references > project or references > workspace from the pop-up menu.
you can also search for specific methods. for e.g. if you want to search for
isempty() method of the string class you have to got to - search -> java -> type
java.lang.string.isempty() and in the 'search for' option use method.
you can then select the scope that you require.
mymethod() and press ctrl+alt+h.
to see some detailed information about any method you can use this by selecting that particular object or method and right click. you can see the "opencallhierarchy" (ctrl+alt+h). like that many tools are there to make your work easier like "quick outline" (ctrl+o) to view the datatypes and methods declared in a particular .java file.
to know more about this, refer this eclipse reference
- Find methods calls in Eclipse project
- How to create a project from existing source in Eclipse and then find it?
- "Unable to find main class" with Maven on spring-boot project in Eclipse
- Find unused classes in a Java Eclipse project
- Running Gradle project via Eclipse errors "system Cannot find System Java Compiler"
- How to quickly find the main() in java project using eclipse ?
- In Eclipse, is it possible to find all methods in project that take a certain parameter type?
- Eclipse plugin to find out unused methods in a class/package
- Can't run Eclipse project - can't find API database
- Eclipse CDT indexing not working to find declarations within the project
- Spring context:component-scan fails to find components in another Eclipse project dependency referenced in POM
- how to find overridable methods in eclipse
- Eclipse JUnit runner can't find ScalaTest methods on double click
- Eclipse project can't find "org.joda"
- Eclipse Indigo with m2e can't find maven dependencies in a multi-module project
- How to find project dependencies in eclipse? how eclipse builds the class path?
- Trouble running GWT-Maven project in Eclipse -- Unable to find 'com/myco/clearing/product/ProductPlus.gwt.xml' on your classpath
- I can't create a new web project in eclipse luna IDE (do not find create new web project)
- Eclipse Indigo + me2 project import: Unknown packaging / could not find artifact
- how to find which project is running in Eclipse programatically
- Find Most Frequently-used Java Methods in Eclipse Workspace
- Eclipse Plugin: Find location of selected project
- Find overriding methods for a specific method in Eclipse
- Can't find web project in Eclipse
- eclipse error: could not find or load main class for project
- "Could not find or load main class" after removing Maven nature and files (pom.xml, target/) from an Eclipse Project
- Jython project in Eclipse can't find the xml module, but works in an identical project
- Why does eclipse not find the beans.xml files in a spring based Maven project
- eclipse cannot find my templates dir in django project
- How to find path of current selected project in eclipse plug-in
More Query from same tag
- One layout over another at run time?
- How to speed up the eclipse project 'refresh'
- antlr4 import maven eclipse combination does not work can't find or load grammar
- Eclipse won't compile into bin , Could not find or load main class
- Errors while importing Maven project into Eclipse
- How to change the language of Minimize/Maximize button in a PartStack?
- Why does Eclipse propose "Object" as default mapping type for datatype "Text"?
- R cannot be resolved - Android error
- Disable an eclipse plugin that causes a conflict with a plugin in my Feature
- Jira Mylyn respository not showing on SpringToolSuite 3.7.1
- Is it possible to get rid of unwanted console messages in eclipse
- get rid of POM not found warning for org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping
- Protected member not recognized in eclipse C++
- Attaching the source to a library in eclipse
- How to make JButton wait One Second?
- Understanding External Jars in Eclipse
- Program throws OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space when run in Mac but not in Ubuntu
- Can I hot-deploy to a remote install of Tomcat?
- Disabling the hint window that EClipse Editor shows
- Writing a comment in Eclipse linking a specific line
- m2e cannot transfer metadata from nexus, but maven command line can
- How to skip eclipse validation of folders for building workspace(Luna Edition)
- How to install jboss-eap-6.1.0.GA
- Github Authentication
- Eclipse refactoring like "change method signature" for generic parameter lists?
- call MATLAB in Java via MatlabControl.java
- java.security.cert.CertificateParsingException: java.io.IOException: subject key, Could not create EC public key
- unexpected exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/LogManager
- generate JavaDocs Android Studio
- How can I view instance variables in other stack frames with Eclipse Java debugger?