if you do not need to use javahl, subclipse also provides a pure-java svn api library -- svnkit (http://svnkit.com). just install the svnkit client adapter and library plugins from the subclipse update site and then choose it in the preferences under team > svn.
my understanding - basically, svn client comes by default on mac os. while installing in eclipse we should match svn plugin to the mac plugin and javahl wont be missing. there is a lengthy process to update by installing xcode and then by using homebrew or macports which you can find after googling but if you are in hurry use simply the steps below.
1) on your mac terminal shell
$ svn --version
note down the version e.g. 1.7.
2) open the link below
check which version of subclipse you need corresponding to it. e.g.
subclipse version svn/javahl version 1.8.x 1.7.x
3) ok, pick up url corresponding to 1.8.x from
and add to your eclipse => install new software under help
select whatever you need, svn client or subclipse or mylyn etc and it will ask for restart of sts/eclipse thats it you are done. worked for me.
note: if you already have multiple versions installed inside your eclipse then its best to uninstall all subclipse or svn client versions from eclipse plugins and start fresh with steps listed above.
maybe you can try this: change jdk version. and i resolved this problem by change jdk from 1.6.0_37 to 188.8.131.52 . br!
i tried every single solution available and finally for me the problem was:
uninstall native javahl 1.6
install everything under subclipse from this site:
for me i started getting this problem when i upgraded to java 8, and then reverted back to java 7. upgraded again to java 8 and the problem got resolved.
for eclipse/sts v3.9.x windows user, you may need to update your subclipse version.
go to help > install new software > click on subclipse and edit the version from 1.6.x to 1.8.x
this method also apply to those who encounter javahl not available. you can check whether javahl is available or not by go to windows > preference > team > svn. you may check it in svn interface > client section.
if this work on mac os, kindly response in comment section. :)
i just installed mountain lion and had the same problem i use flashbuilder (which is 32bit) and mountainlion is 64bit, which means by default macports installs everything as 64bit. the version of subclipse i use is 1.8 as i had already installed subversion and javahlbindings i just ran this command:
sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants active +universal
this made mac ports go through everything already installed and also install the 32bit version.
i then restarted flashbuilder and it no longer showed any javahl errors.
you may or may not need javahl depending on your os. in addition to other suggestions just posting this here.
for other os see this source: http://subclipse.tigris.org/wiki/javahl
check out this blog. it has a ton of information. also if installing through brew don´t miss this note:
you may need to link the java bindings into the java extensions folder:
$ sudo mkdir -p /library/java/extensions
$ sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libsvnjavahl-1.dylib /library/java/extensions/libsvnjavahl-1.dylib
on kubuntu, my path to the library changed because of installing another java version. here's the whole picture, but in short:
sudo apt-get install libsvn-java
sudo find / -name libsvnjavahl-1.so
the output from the last command could look like this, for example:
this gives you the path, so you can add the following to your
- select window >> preferences
- expand team >> svn
- under svn interface set client to svnkit (pure java) svnkit....
- Failed to load JavaHL Library
- Failed to load the JNI shared Library (JDK)
- Failed to load JavaHL Library.- linux/eclipse
- Eclipse: Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_15\bin\..\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
- Eclipse - Failed to load the JNI shared library
- Failed to load JNI shared library
- Eclipse: Failed to load the JNI shared library
- Eclipse run fail - Error code 13 and Failed to load JNI shared library
- failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Windows\system32\..\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll\" ECLIPSE
- Failed to load JNI shared library "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk\1.7.0_45\bin\...\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll"
- Failed to load JNI shared library "D:eclipse\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll"
- Eclipse: Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Windows\system32\..\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll"
- eclipse failed to load jne shared library
- RHEL Eclipse Failed to load the JNI shared library libjvm.so
- Eclipse error: Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll
- Eclipse fails to start, gives - Failed to load the JNI shared Library
- SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder". error
- Eclipse - Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder"
- Admob No fill from ad server - failed to load ad: 3
- Incompatible JavaHL library for Subclipse in 64 bit Kubuntu
- Getting subclipse to work on Ubuntu 64 and Indigo - Incompatible JavaHL library loaded. 1.7.x or later required
- Installing Subversion JavaHL library in Mac OS X
- UnsatisfiedLinkError - Unable to load library - Native library not found in resource path
- An Android Virtual Device that failed to load
- Incompatible JavaHl library loaded
- Loading Genymotion library Genymotion directory: /Applications/Genymotion.app/Contents/MacOS Trying to initialize engine Initialize Engine: failed
- Failed to load memtrack module -2
- Android Lubuntu - libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
- Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library
- mvn package load other Library as Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Extract PNG File from Eclipse Git Commit
- Problems with Android and Eclipse when Run on Device
- How to turn off validation for specific project in eclipse?
- Which Eclipse version is compatible with Tomcat 10, or do I go back to Tomcat 9?
- How can you run a remote GWT application in eclipse
- Selenium - Called method inside another class, but cannot re-use driver
- Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency
- Gremlin on IDE without java code (like the shell)
- Eclipse (Counterclockwise)- New Clojure Project: [Exception] Could not load template, Leiningen
- Exporting JAR with Ressources, Audio won't play
- having trouble Integrating griffon project in to eclipse and ant
- delete eclipse project using ant
- System cannot find File.getTotalSpace() method
- Fresh install of Eclipse Mars won't run
- How to use common paths in Eclipse Application and the generated JAR?
- Can't load image with IMG_Load()
- Performing an action in Eclipse after period of inactivity
- Why is my code not updating on my app? (After updated eclipse)
- Java Rest Client using Jersey from Command Line
- Spring 4, Mockito 2, Junit 4 in Eclipse Oxygen - DAO not mocked
- Android Studio - Internationalizing an app / support foriegn languages
- Reducer Not Working or Never geting call
- Adding the same object to context and a list
- Changing color of Eclipse links in quick fix or Eclipse links in preferences on Linux
- How to store multiple instances of a preference in a IPreferenceStore?
- Jetty web server refusing connections on linux
- How to use two versions of the same JAR in two bundles of OSGi?
- OTA midlet issue
- The import org.eclipse cannot be resolved
- com.sun.messaging cannot be resolved to a type