probably you are trying wrong options anyways. i got a similar error with supporting error log:
java hotspot(tm) client vm warning: ignoring option permsize=32m; support was removed in 8.0
java hotspot(tm) client vm warning: ignoring option maxpermsize=128m; support was removed in 8.0
im my case, the software did not support java 8 yet(script was using old jvm arguments) but i had had java 8 by default.
one of the reason for this issue is no memory available for tomcat to start. try to delete the unwanted running software from windows and restart the eclipse and tomcat.
solution is simple. no need to go deep into this issue.
if you are running on 64bit machine then follow below steps:
- unistall 32 bit java first (check in c:\program files (x86) for its existence)
- install the newer version jdk kit 64 bit (includes jre)
- set the environment path (to avoid conflict error if you have two different 64bit jre)
- check in command prompt by typing javac command.
- restart / done
you can have two different java installed but don't forgot to set path.
please set java_opts=-xms256m -xmx512m in environment variables, it should solve the issue, it worked for me.
i know that i am a bit late, but here my answer comes:
i just installed the java online version from oracle(not the offline 64-bit one).
after having added the java_home env variable, it just worked!
hope i could help :)
i also had the same problem while using eclipse which was 32 bit and the jvm used by it was 64 bit. when i routed the eclipse to 32 bit jvm then it worked
# symbol in front of
org.gradle.jvmargs=-xmx1536m in gradle.properties
this is the issue of heap size. edit your
.bat (batch file). it might be showing heap size 1024. change it to 512 then it should work.
make sure that eclipse is actually running the same jvm you think it's running. if you use java in your web browser ever, you likely have a 32-bit version floating around too that might be taking precedence if it installed or updated lately.
to be absolutely sure, i recommend adding these two lines to your
eclipse.ini file at the top:
...where on my machine
c:/java/jdk1.6.0_27/bin where the jvm i know is 64-bit is located. be sure to have the
bin folder there.
(as a bonus, on windows 7, this also allows you to actually "pin the tab" which is why i had to do this for my own usage)
i was using liferay with tomcat server from eclipse ide. i was stuck with this same error on click on server start up. double click on server from eclipse. it open up server overview page. updated memory arguments from -xmx1024m -xx:maxpermsize=256m to -xmx512m -xx:maxpermsize=256m. then it was working for me.
first the jre of 32bits can't use more ~1.5gb of ram. so if you want more, use a 64bits jre.
second, when a new jvm starts, this sum the -xmx property of the all jvm that are running, and check if there is enough memory left on the system to run at their own -xmx, if is not enough then the error occurs.
this is actually not an eclipse-specific issue; it's a general java-on-windows issue. it's because of how the jvm allocates memory on windows; it insists on allocating a contiguous chunk of memory, which often windows can't provide, even if there are enough separate chunks to satisfy the allocation request. there are utilities that will try to help windows "defrag" its memory, which would, in theory, help this situation; but i've not really tried them in earnest so can't speak to their effectiveness. one thing that i've heard sometimes that might help is to reboot windows and, before starting any other apps, launch the java app that needs the big chunk of memory. if you're lucky, windows won't have fragmented its memory space yet and java will get the contiguous block that is asks for.
somewhere out on the interwebs there are more technical explanations and analyses of this issue, but i don't have any references handy.
i did find this, though, which looks helpful: https://stackoverflow.com/a/497757/639520
here is how to fix it:
start->control panel->system->advanced(tab)->environment variables->system
variable name: _java_options
variable value: -xmx512m
variable name: path
variable value: ;c:\program files\java\jre6\bin;f:\jdk\bin;
change this to your appropriate path.
could it be that you're using a 32-bit jvm on that machine?
- “Error occurred during initialization of VM; Could not reserve enough space for object heap” using -Xmx3G
- Error occured during initialization of VM, Could not reserve enough space for object heap - Spring Tool Suite?
- Eclipse Gradle STS Extension: Could not reserve enough space for object heap
- Error occurred during initialization of boot layer java.lang.module.FindException: Module javafx.controls not found
- "string could not resolved" error in Eclipse for C++ (Eclipse can't resolve standard library)
- Error occurred during initialization of VM (java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object)
- Eclipse error occurred during Repository registry initialization
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating indexes".Java heap space during eclipse start up?
- Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
- Error occurred during initialization of boot layer - Eclipse Java
- Gradle eclipse plugin : Could not find method jcenter() for arguments  on repository container. See error log for details
- Eclipse: Error occurred during initialization of VM
- JRE System Library is always unbound in Eclipse? (An internal error occurred during: "Launching Main". Model not available for helloWorld)
- Error occurred during initialization of boot layer : Unable to derive module descriptor error with Selenium and java
- Error occurred during initialization of boot layer -java
- Error occurred during initialization of boot layer java.lang.module.FindException executing Selenium tests using TestNG and Java 12 through Eclipse
- Error occurred during initialization of VM: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: java.lang.Class.desiredAssertionStatus0(Ljava/lang/Class;)
- Error occurred during initialization of boot layer - Eclips 2020-06
- Error occurred during initialization of VM (java.lang.StackOverflowError) in Android
- Admob Not Enough Space for Banner Ad
- Java - Eclipe IDE error - Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
- An internal error occurred during: "Initializing Java Tooling". Could not initialize class org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaConventions?
- Fixing the "Error occurred during initialization of boot layer" error
- Spring Error occurred during initialization of boot layer In Eclipse
- Could not find android error when running make command for Linphone using Cygwin
- Eclipse Error for GLPK library: The dynamic link library for GLPK for Java could not beloaded
- How to solve could not create the virtual machine error of Java Virtual Machine Launcher?
- Could not determine the class-path for interface com.android.builder.model.AndroidProject
- Eclipse could not delete error
- Ctrl + Space not working for content assist on eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Can I use Python in Eclipse to develop Google Cloud Data Flow jobs
- Why NoSuchMethodError in ant built jar?
- Is it possible to configure Eclipse to do ctrl+space always like sts 3.3.0 does
- Why "no projects found to import"?
- cannot run service jboss eap 6.4
- Getting exit value: -1,073,741,571 with simple code to calculate nth moment
- Refactoring variable names in Eclipse
- best way to configure Springsource Tool Suit (STS, eclipse) to work with grails
- How to identify when my session variable is changed?
- No horizontal scrollbar with the PyDev Plugin in Eclipse
- while doing maven clean install i am getting this kind of error in eclipse smart home
- Clear edittext focus and hide keyboard when button is pressed
- Highlighting modified lines in Eclipse
- How to solve this, Exception caught during execution of merge command. org.eclipse.jgit.errors.MissingObjectException:
- How can I crop Detected Face from the Video Streaming and store it in a folder using OpenCV Java?
- Run sencha application via Eclipse+ADT Bundle
- eclipse can't locate my sdk folder
- Make Error Messages In Android Code
- I have an incorrect Query but I am not able to find the error
- How to install Flex Builder 3 plugin to eclipse Mars.2
- How do I configure Eclipse to create protected java methods by default instead of private?
- Not able to see apache axis2 wizard on eclipse kepler
- Multi markers messages presented in one line when hover over eclipse verticalRuler
- "Source not found" when debugging Android code in Eclipse
- What is the purpose of Resolving model jre:call:zip:1.0.0?
- Eclipse 4.2 Shared Plugins
- How to change the M2_REPO of Maven in windows
- Maven: exclude resource from war
- Is it necessary to sign every blackberry application even if i have to just test it on blackberry real device?
- How to deploy a Maven WAR to JBoss EAP 6.3 within Eclipse Luna