ok, sorry for my previous answer, i had never seen that overview screen before.
here is how i did it:
- right click on my tomcat server in "servers" view, select "properties…"
- in the "general" panel, click on the "switch location" button
- the "location: [workspace metadata]" bit should have been replaced by something else.
- open (or close and reopen) the overview screen for the server.
you can change this by using the vm arguments as well in the launch configuration.
if the former actions haven't had effect, backup your server configurations, remove the server and reinclude it. it was my case.
before making any changes in tomcat server location, you need to remove project(s) deployed on server.
to remove project: expand tomcat server in "servers" view
right click and select remove
make sure that there is no project deploy in server. if so ,please right click on server ,select add and remove ,then remove all project. after this you can double click on server and the option will be enabled for you.
i started eclipse as admin, and it worked.
it worked for me after deleting and adding the server back.
starting server and publishing without any projects helped me to modify the "server locations".
i've just had same issue, this is what worked for me :
note the message 'server must be published with no modules present to make changes' on server dialog. so after removing the projects, re-publish your server, the option to set the server location should become re-enabled.
right click on the server, then add/remove, then remove any projects that are in the configured panel. then right click on the server and choose "clean..." from the context menu. then the server locations option will be enabled.
- Eclipse "Server Locations" section disabled and need to change to use Tomcat installation
- Eclipse - Add Server - Next Button is disabled when I select a specific Tomcat (e.g tomcat8)
- When not to use this server location when using tomcat within Eclipse
- Tomcat 6 Eclipse config -- Server Locations locked for edit
- Are Tomcat server and Tomcat linked with Eclipse different?
- How to make eclipse tomcat use ant script to create a war and then deploy it
- Use Tomcat server with Hibernate and Springsource Tool Suite?
- Use one layout and change strings programatically in Eclipse
- Eclipse and Tomcat cannot run as server
- Error during server start up after hotswap-agent configured with Tomcat and eclipse
- Unable to start tomcat server in netbeans and eclipse
- Tomcat doesn't start from eclipse on startup : Several ports (8005, 8080) required by Tomcat Server at localhost are already in use
- My eclipse tomcat server is stopping and gives these exceptions "java.net.SocketException" and "java.net.BindException"
- Eclipse Project - need to have a copy locally and a copy on a remote server
- how to use Tomcat as Eclipse Server with Maven test scope
- Use Eclipse to export a unique war holding RESTlet and Servlet working together for Tomcat
- setup of eclipse project : tomcat server , jdk , external libraries and so on
- Apache Tomcat and Apache TomEE server is not running web projects in eclipse
- Eclipse EE "ports 8081 and 8009 " in use and needed by Tomcat
- Can't use Tomcat server in Eclipse
- Tomcat server stopped but eclipse says ports are still in use
- Tomcat 6.0.23 and Eclipse Indigo - server not working through eclipse while working from standalone
- Setting up RESTFull web app project using Maven Eclipse and Tomcat Server
- Eclipse Neon (4.6.3) Tomcat debug server menu is disabled
- What versions of eclipse and apache tomcat should I use with jdk-6u30?
- Getting Flex Builder to use a Tomcat server on Eclipse
- Eclipse + tomcat rest application 404 though server and services are running
- cannot use both TOMCAT server and my internet connection
- Starting tomcat server in eclipse shows the port numbers are already in use
- Error - Web Project using Tomcat server and Spring MVC framework in Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse & SVN: How to Rename Files to Uppercase?
- How to know Proguard works properly in eclipse
- Emulator infinite errors shown in Console [Android]
- Running Eclipse/Netbeans as an applet
- Directory outside of project base directory. Maven-war-plugin - <webResources>
- google app engine project not running in debug mode
- How to reload same fragment from within itself in android
- How add 3rd party APIs to my Api.ai/Java ChatBot in Eclipse?
- Eclipse Maven unable to add dependencies (Google Drive)
- SyntaxError: Non-UTF-8 code starting with '\x82'
- HashMap android isn't getting called in android
- Failed to copy Manifest
- run .bat file from other systems java code
- Motodev won't lookup methods - can it be configured to do so?
- GlassFish in Eclipse complains "GlassFish v3 requires a JDK 1.6 and not a JRE"
- Why is my Display method in the opengl class not working
- How can I correctly link OpenCV libraries to Eclipse on Windows?
- How to avoid multiple compatibility projects appcompat_v7
- Debian Etch - Mercurial in Eclipse
- Issue when trying to run hello world
- null pointer with visitor class
- Java with Eclipse: Debug mode enabled?
- Not able to understand How maven works with Spring MVC
- Why does warning shown in shell after eclipse run?
- Install WTP on Eclipse
- HtmlUnit (junit) me is returning an error in the code
- How to manipulate value from a return string in Java
- Error importing wsdl into Eclipse
- Error Eclipse Kura Installation with ecilpse committers
- Eclipse editor: show markers on custom column of vertical ruler