eclipse neon (4.6)
window > preferences
general > editors > autosave > check enable autosave for dirty editors > choose the value for autosave interval (in seconds)
details in m7:
auto-save of dirty editors is now available in eclipse. the autosave option is disabled by default. a new autosave preference page (preferences > general > editors > autosave) is available and allows to enable/disable the autosave and change the interval of autosave. the countdown is reset on keyboard activity, mouse click, or when a popup is displayed (e.g. content assist, preference page, ...).
you could go to
windows > preferences > autosave and set the auto intervals to 1.
in helios this can be done by going to preferences and setting:
run/debug > launching > save required dirty editors before launching
i wrote an eclipse plugin for this called smartsave. it's available in the eclipse market place.
it saves your files at a specified interval and you can even tune it to prevent saving if errors, or warnings, are present in the preferences dialog.
first, try window -> preferences -> general -> workspace. there you can check "save automatically before build" and "build automatically."
if that does not work,
preferences -> run/debug -> launching -> "save dirty editors before launching"
you can go here and check the box save automatically before build
windows > preferences > general -> workspace
- Eclipse save automatically
- Eclipse pydev: automatically save file when running program
- Add an Eclipse save action to automatically infer type (for List, Map, Set, etc)
- Automatically save files in eclipse when closing tab
- Automatically compiling object files on save in Eclipse
- Why does Eclipse automatically add appcompat v7 library support whenever I create a new project?
- Build project into a JAR automatically in Eclipse
- How do you stop Console from popping up automatically in Eclipse
- Eclipse syntax highlighting preferences save and restore
- Annoying eclipse automatically closing quotes
- Can you save groups of tabs in Eclipse so you can open them later?
- How to make eclipse automatically add braces to an IF statement?
- Automatically create builder for class in Eclipse
- Adding author name in Eclipse automatically to existing files
- Java Eclipse turn off auto build workspace on save
- How Do I Automatically Generate A .jar File In An Eclipse Java Project
- How do I save Eclipse launch profiles across workspaces?
- Eclipse Auto Save before build?
- Can eclipse be configured to automatically fix missing Imports?
- How to save Eclipse settings (fonts, formatting, etc.)?
- Prevent Eclipse from automatically folding the import statements
- Automatically clearing LogCat on each Eclipse Debug/Run?
- A doxygen eclipse plugIn automatically generating stub documentation?
- Where does Eclipse save the list of files to open on startup?
- Automatically opening completion window in Eclipse
- Automatically expand all in Eclipse Search results
- Automatically generate .factorypath on project import when using Maven project in Eclipse IDE
- Is there a way to force Eclipse to automatically restart remote debugging (in listen mode)?
- Wrong package name when using automatically added imports in Eclipse
- Force Eclipse to automatically import a class with multiple options
More Query from same tag
- Running client in Eclipse from a maven project for jetty
- Eclipse - Running the same project twice
- Eclipse PDT weird folder order
- Accessing in-memory HSQLDB in Eclipse
- The application may be doing too much work on its main thread?
- Add QuickAccess TextField to an eclipse RCP application
- Where do the "Warnings" in Eclipse come from?
- Two basic Tortoise SubVersion questions
- How to use properties from a child in EMF
- Keyboard shortucts for Arduino IDE?
- CarrotGarden Eclipse Plugin for Maven SCR fails to install
- Plugin not starting with application
- Unable to run testng annotations in Eclipse
- Shortcut key for context sensitive help for Eclipse in Mac OS X
- Maven:Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.7:resources
- Eclipse 'Compare' menu options are all disabled
- java.lang.VerifyError while running Pig in Eclipse using Maven
- Eclipse formatter with checkstyle and sonarlint
- Spring Roo-generated Managed Bean Aspect misses import statement when using @ElementCollection
- bufferuntil('\n) wont trigger serialevent proccessing with eclipse
- GCM Plugin for Unity, Could not find method GCMRegistrar.checkDevice
- How to embed Eclipse Intro (introContent.xml...)
- eclipse helios fails to find g++, gdb, $PATH, make
- Using Eclipse, I get an error "Variable" cannot be resolved or is not a field and I'm not sure why
- How to check whether the cursor is in an eclipse editor part?
- How do you embed Tomcat in a java project?
- how to remove custom eclipse project and all its references externally
- not able to connect bluetooth devices
- How can I use a non-IFileEditorInput as the default EditorInput in my plugin?
- Eclipse: Set "Text file encoding" by code