i'm using eclipse europa, which also has the favorite preference section:
window > preferences > java > editor > content assist > favorites
in mine, i have the following entries (when adding, use "new type" and omit the
all but the third of those are static imports. by having those as favorites, if i type "
assertt" and hit ctrl+space, eclipse offers up
assertthat as a suggestion, and if i pick it, it will add the proper static import to the file.
in eclipse 4.9, you can static import existing invocations using a quick fix.
a new quick fix has been implemented that allows the user to convert static field accesses and static methods to use a static import. it's also possible to replace all occurrences at the same time.
select the constant, type
ctrl + 1 (quick fix)
select "convert to static import." from the drop down.
"quick fix" has options even though it is not an error.
for springframework tests, i would recommend to add the below as well
when you add above as new type it automatically add .* to the package.
shortcut for static import: ctrl + shift + m
to get content assist proposals for static members configure your list of favorite static members on the opens the favorites preference page
java > editor > content assist > favoritespreference page.
for example, if you have added
org.junit.assert.*to this list, then all static methods of this type matching the completion prefix will be added to the proposals list.
window » preferences » java » editor » content assist » favorites
not exactly what i wanted, but i found a workaround. in eclipse 3.4 (ganymede), go to
and check the checkbox for use static imports (only 1.5 or higher).
this will not bring in the import on an optimize imports, but if you do a quick fix (ctrl + 1) on the line it will give you the option to add the static import which is good enough.
eclipse 3.4 has a favourites section under window->preferences->java->editor->content assist
if you use
org.junit.assert a lot, you might find some value to adding it there.
if you highlight the method
assert.assertequals(val1, val2) and hit ctrl + shift + m (add import), it will add it as a static import, at least in eclipse 3.4.
- Eclipse Optimize Imports to Include Static Imports
- Eclipse optimize imports to include static members and methods
- Can Eclipse the Organize Import (ctrl+shift+o) command's handling of static imports be modified?
- Is there a way to make Eclipse add static imports without autocomplete?
- Why is Eclipse Content Assist not using static imports
- Prevent eclipse from putting static imports on top
- Inline all static imports in eclipse
- Get Eclipse to prefer static imports of nested classes
- How to configure Eclipse automatic static imports to prefer MatcherAssert.assertThat over Assert.assertThat?
- How to include jQuery.min.js in static web project of eclipse
- spring tools 3(standalone) 3.9.14 version release An internal error occurred during: "Loading Spring static imports into Eclipse code assist favorite
- How to remove unused imports from Eclipse
- Can you organize imports for an entire project in eclipse with a keystroke?
- Modify/view static variables while debugging in Eclipse
- Key Shortcut for Eclipse Imports
- What is the Eclipse shortcut for "public static void main(String args)"?
- How can I make Eclipse file search not include svn directories?
- Eclipse warning about synthetic accessor for private static nested classes in Java?
- Eclipse is confused by imports ("accessible from more than one module")
- Eclipse : transform static method invocation to a static import
- Import all imports in eclipse at once?
- Eclipse Organize Imports Shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+O) is not working
- A simple way to create static imports for constants in existing code?
- Difference between static and dynamic web project in eclipse
- Wrong package name when using automatically added imports in Eclipse
- Eclipse Java; export jar, include referenced libraries, without fatjar
- link static lib in eclipse cdt
- Eclipse CDT C/C++: Include a header file from another project
- Java "this"-keyword marked as static in eclipse content assist
- Is there a plugin for Eclipse that makes automatic imports smarter?
More Query from same tag
- Amazon aws sdk AmazonEC2clientBuilder error
- Can't run GWT sample
- Is there a way to have Eclipse flash its taskbar icon once a time consuming task finishes?
- Java error: Invalid layout of preloaded class
- problem with importing a package in eclipse
- Access google spreadheet using python
- unable to perform headless PDE build using AJDT in eclipse 3.6
- Fail to launch application (CreateProcess error=87), can't use shorten classpath workaround
- Hudson continuous integration of graphical desktop application and slave nodes
- How to preserve selections in a JFace TableViewer when refreshing?
- Android class reference not found error
- getResourceAsStream in dynamically loaded jar
- Undefined referece to Function for OpenSSl app in Eclipse
- Creating a web service in Java/Eclipse to get values from a database
- The method setXmlStandalone(boolean) is undefined for the type Document
- .jcp equivalent for eclipse?
- Have multiple errors in every project in eclipse + can't start app on device through intelliJ
- Android library project "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError"
- Checkstyle - Exclude folder
- Android Eclipse compatible targets problem
- How Test eclipse product using TestComplete..?
- Signature invalid while trying to retrieve accesToken for copy api
- phonegap Android App Pinch Zoom specific page
- Eclipse: add a package to a bunch of classes
- How can I conditionally include two differently named libraries of the same version for a cross-compile project in Eclipse?
- import javax.microedition in eclipse
- Eclipse plugin that enforce code documentation
- Uploading an Existing Maven Eclipse Project into GitHub
- Applying Checkstyles on jsp files?
- Unbound JavsSE 1.7 libraries in Java Eclipse Project