eclipse artifact searching depends on repository's index file. it seems you did not download the index file.
go to window -> prefrences -> maven and check "download repository index updates on start". restart eclipse and then look at the progress view. an index file should be downloading.
after downloading completely, artifact searching will be ready to use.
update you also need to rebuild your maven repository index in 'maven repository view'.
in this view , open 'global repositories', right-click 'central', check 'full index enable', and then, click 'rebuild index' in the same menu.
a 66m index file will be downloaded.
use https://search.maven.org/ manually with the prefix fc: to search for class names. both netbeans and eclipse seem to be too stupid to use that search interface and the gigabytes of downloaded repository indexes seem to not contain any class information. total waste of disk space. those ide projects are so badly maintained lately, i wish they would move development to github.
it is neccesary to provide group id and artifact id to download the jar file you need. if you want to search it just use * , * for these fields.
i have the same problem. none of the options suggested above worked for me. however i find, that if i lets say manually add groupid/artifact/version for org.springframework.spring-core version 4.3.4.release and save the pom.xml, the dependencies download automatically and the search works for the jars already present in the repository. however if i now search for org.springframework.spring-context , which isnt in the current dependencies, this search still doesn't work.
the maven add dependency is actually from the maven indexes. if the indexes is up to date, the result should be from there.
if you go to the maven repository, then select global repository, you should see a central ... tab, and select that, there should be a list of folders, and you should be able to see all the indexes from there. if not, then it means you didn't get the full index, then you can right click that and enable full index.
another thing i annoyed me most is even i did everything, it still not showing anything when i type "spring". this is actually where i did wrong. if you just type some additional text "springframework", boom, the result is there.
you can get this result if you are inside a corporate proxy and the new project isn't pointing to the correct settings.xml file with the proxy credentials.
you can also get this if you are using maven proxy (nexus, for example) and the index into the proxy is messed up somehow. i don't know a way to describe how to fix this. fool around with it or call the one who set up the maven proxy.
you can also get this if the new workspace hasn't yet downloaded the index either from maven central or from the proxy. (this is the best one as you just have to wait a while and it will work itself out.)
for me for this issue worked to:
- remove ~/.m2
- enable "full index enabled" in maven repository view on central repository
- "rebuild index" on central maven repository
after eclipse restart everything worked well.
on maven repositories panel, expand global repositories then right click on central repositories and check "full index enabled" option and then click on "rebuild index".
- Eclipse : Maven search dependencies doesn't work
- Search files by text in Maven Dependencies folder in Eclipse
- Incomplete search results when searching for maven dependencies in eclipse
- Eclipse: Maven search dependencies doesn't work
- search maven dependencies in eclipse project
- Missing Maven dependencies in Eclipse project
- Maven not downloading dependencies in Eclipse
- Use dependencies from Eclipse p2 repository in a regular Maven build?
- Web resources filtering with Maven war plugin does not work in Eclipse with m2e
- Adding referenced Eclipse projects to Maven dependencies
- Eclipse WTP not publishing Maven dependencies
- Include maven dependencies in eclipse "Run As -> Android Application" build
- Maven dependencies not deployed on Eclipse Tomcat instance
- Eclipse does not recognize existing resolved Maven dependencies
- Eclipse Run Configurations: how to add Maven dependencies of projects added to Classpath
- Why is Eclipse Maven saying dependencies of same version are conflicting?
- Maven 3 dependencies from parent POM not available to children in eclipse
- M2Eclipse: Resolving Maven dependencies from the Eclipse workspace
- Maven dependencies missing in Eclipse project
- How can I get Eclipse work with Maven and SVN correctly?
- Eclipse - Maven - Dependencies not getting automatically reflected
- Developing eclipse plugin using maven dependencies
- Eclipse maven to manage only dependencies and nothing more
- Eclipse Indigo with m2e can't find maven dependencies in a multi-module project
- Binary library dependencies in Maven / Eclipse
- When and how does m2e use the Maven test scope to include test dependencies in Eclipse Run Configurations?
- Maven eclipse plugin, exclude transitive dependencies
- Eclipse - org.junit cannot be resolved, even though it's in the Maven dependencies
- Eclipse does not show source code of maven dependencies in debug view
- Eclipse Gradle Plugin: adding dependencies automatically like Maven
More Query from same tag
- What is the point of ArrayLists?
- Compiling Project with command line but Debugging in Eclipse?
- How to debug NoSuchMethodError exception?
- How to remove a view from layout in RCP
- Running Script in Emulator for Seetest
- Manifest file not being generated through ANT
- How can I add Normal Java project capabilities to EJB project in Eclipse (.ear)?
- Eclipse 2018-09 won't compile Java 11 source; thinks it is below 1.7
- show only .classpath files in eclipse package view?
- After installed Maven integration in Eclipse, how to create a Dynamic Web Project (RESTful Jersey project) which use Maven?
- Eclipse toString() generator with nested indentation
- Unable to load Configuration in Struts
- Why is "Build Project" greyed-out in Eclipse Helios CDT even though the makefile and source exist?
- How to import .java from another project AND package in android
- How to run Selenium Java tests with TestNG programmatically?
- Android SDK and AVD manager will not run from Eclipse after upgrade to SDK 5 and ADT 0.9.6
- How to setup local git with local blessed repo - Integration Manager Workflow
- How do I run a method before republishing to JBoss?
- Eclipse - how to add a file that has right to left strings
- ClassNotFoundException when the class is there?
- Spring boot running from Eclipse vs running from Terminal [Not Loading properties file]
- Convert Nsight Eclipse project to Visual Studio
- eclipse ubuntu 18.04 installation java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
- Constructor generics issue
- Eclipse SVN: How to recommit after failed commit
- Compiling Only One Class in a Project
- How can I add JDT as a Maven dependency?
- Proguard export error in eclipse
- Eclipse Workspace on a network folder (UNC path)