Eclipse artifact searching depends on repository's index file. It seems you did not download the index file.
Go to Window -> Prefrences -> Maven and check "Download repository index updates on start". Restart Eclipse and then look at the progress view. An index file should be downloading.
After downloading completely, artifact searching will be ready to use.
UPDATE You also need to rebuild your Maven repository index in 'maven repository view'.
In this view , open 'Global Repositories', right-click 'central', check 'Full Index Enable', and then, click 'Rebuild Index' in the same menu.
A 66M index file will be downloaded.
Use https://search.maven.org/ manually with the prefix fc: to search for class names. Both Netbeans and Eclipse seem to be too stupid to use that search interface and the gigabytes of downloaded repository indexes seem to not contain any class information. Total waste of disk space. Those IDE projects are so badly maintained lately, I wish they would move development to GitHub.
It is neccesary to provide Group Id and Artifact Id to download the jar file you need. If you want to search it just use * , * for these fields.
I have the same problem. None of the options suggested above worked for me. However I find, that if I lets say manually add groupid/artifact/version for org.springframework.spring-core version 4.3.4.RELEASE and save the pom.xml, the dependencies download automatically and the search works for the jars already present in the repository. However if I now search for org.springframework.spring-context , which isnt in the current dependencies, this search still doesn't work.
The maven add dependency is actually from the maven indexes. If the indexes is up to date, the result should be from there.
If you go to the maven repository, then select global repository, you should see a central ... tab, and select that, there should be a list of folders, and you should be able to see all the indexes from there. If not, then it means you didn't get the full index, then you can right click that and enable full index.
Another thing I annoyed me most is even I did everything, it still not showing anything when I type "spring". This is actually where I did wrong. If you just type some additional text "springframework", BOOM, the result is there.
You can get this result if you are inside a corporate proxy and the new project isn't pointing to the correct settings.xml file with the proxy credentials.
You can also get this if you are using Maven proxy (Nexus, for example) and the index into the proxy is messed up somehow. I don't know a way to describe how to fix this. Fool around with it or call the one who set up the Maven proxy.
You can also get this if the new workspace hasn't yet downloaded the index either from Maven central or from the proxy. (This is the best one as you just have to wait a while and it will work itself out.)
For me for this issue worked to:
- remove ~/.m2
- enable "Full Index Enabled" in maven repository view on central repository
- "Rebuild Index" on central maven repository
After eclipse restart everything worked well.
On Maven repositories panel, Expand Global repositories then Right click on Central repositories and check "Full index enabled" option and then click on "Rebuild index".
- Eclipse : Maven search dependencies doesn't work
- Search files by text in Maven Dependencies folder in Eclipse
- Incomplete search results when searching for maven dependencies in eclipse
- Eclipse: Maven search dependencies doesn't work
- search maven dependencies in eclipse project
- Missing Maven dependencies in Eclipse project
- Maven not downloading dependencies in Eclipse
- Use dependencies from Eclipse p2 repository in a regular Maven build?
- Web resources filtering with Maven war plugin does not work in Eclipse with m2e
- Adding referenced Eclipse projects to Maven dependencies
- Eclipse WTP not publishing Maven dependencies
- Include maven dependencies in eclipse "Run As -> Android Application" build
- Maven dependencies not deployed on Eclipse Tomcat instance
- Eclipse does not recognize existing resolved Maven dependencies
- Eclipse Run Configurations: how to add Maven dependencies of projects added to Classpath
- Why is Eclipse Maven saying dependencies of same version are conflicting?
- Maven 3 dependencies from parent POM not available to children in eclipse
- M2Eclipse: Resolving Maven dependencies from the Eclipse workspace
- Maven dependencies missing in Eclipse project
- How can I get Eclipse work with Maven and SVN correctly?
- Eclipse - Maven - Dependencies not getting automatically reflected
- Developing eclipse plugin using maven dependencies
- Eclipse maven to manage only dependencies and nothing more
- Eclipse Indigo with m2e can't find maven dependencies in a multi-module project
- Binary library dependencies in Maven / Eclipse
- When and how does m2e use the Maven test scope to include test dependencies in Eclipse Run Configurations?
- Maven eclipse plugin, exclude transitive dependencies
- Eclipse - org.junit cannot be resolved, even though it's in the Maven dependencies
- Eclipse does not show source code of maven dependencies in debug view
- Eclipse Gradle Plugin: adding dependencies automatically like Maven
More Query from same tag
- Maven: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'plugin'
- How do I get Tomcat to stop writing over my [project].xml file in conf\Catalina\localhost when I start the server?
- Why STS has 2 mavens?
- The operator + is undefined for the argument type(s) String, void - help me
- Sysout shortcut key not working even after setting the template
- import javax.persistence.EntityManager error
- Autocomplete only when Enter is pressed in Eclipse
- Eclipse/Subversive deep outgoing state
- Eclipse: Appengine SDK JARs on WEBinf/lib
- Generics compilation error only on maven
- Storm Tweet-How to run
- How to create Google App Engine Project in Eclipse Juno 4.2?
- How can i edit the details renders by the sj:head tag in struts
- Eclipse dev tools for Nice
- Ensuring Java classes do not import from certain packages
- Number of opengl contexts in android
- Ear project dynamic webapplication and maven
- How to get eclipse+maven to find and use servlet api source code or javadoc
- Eclipse output to WAMP webserver www folder
- Clarification - Import statements in Eclipse
- Error resolving touchpoint action
- How select the rest of the word in incremental search in Eclipse?
- How to assign NFP values to properties of MARTE stereotypes in Papyrus UML models
- Eclipse and CDT, sometimes build does not generate a new binary
- Maven install command in Eclipse fails with error Access denied , Error code 403, Forbidden
- Eclipse CDT macro automatic formatting
- can't run android app on galaxy stellar
- mvn install is not working in eclipse but works fine from command line
- show jsf component in xhtml page
- Android: Getting a NoClassDefFoundError exception for an external jar