that fixed it for me:
rm -f ~/.eclipse/ is what worked for me!
i had to reinstall my mercurial plugin, that was the underlying issue for me.
with me, the loader froze on mylyn. finding another issue somewhere said to try deleting the stuff .metadata/.mylyn under the workspace directory gave me the ability to load my workspace again
if you look in the eclipse.app content check if there is still eclipse.ini found that some updates destroy this file...
that was the reason on my system, copied it from a new version and it worked again...
i just did a restart to the system and it started working fine.
i had a similar problem but on win7 - 64. deleting the .snap file allowed me into eclipse and then i had to refresh my resource file via file-->refresh.
the snap file is located: your_project_dir/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap
i had the same problem twice on windows: eclipse didn't start because of the adt plugin.
i removed temporary files and cleaned up registry using ccleaner. then it worked.
here's what helped me solve my problem:
unfortunately, it did not work for me since i did not have .snap under
i ended up with the following sequence:
mv .plugins .plugins.failing
<exit eclipse> <--- builds fresh .plugins
cp -r .plugins.failing/org.eclipse.core.resources .plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources <-- restores existing projects
running eclipse from the command line with the -clearpersistedstate switch fixed it for me:
$> eclipse -clearpersistedstate
i had to delete both of the following files as suggested in other answers to solve my issue,
deleting .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi solved the problem in my case.
- Eclipse JUNO doesn't start
- Eclipse doesn't start after upgrading from Juno to Kepler
- Eclipse upgrade juno to kepler. Eclipse wont start
- Eclipse on windows doesnt start
- Cannot start Eclipse Juno after update
- Can't start Glassfish 18.104.22.168 on Eclipse Juno
- Aptana Studio 3 plugin doesnt get installed properly on Eclipse Juno
- Cannot start Eclipse Juno
- Start WildFly server in Eclipse Juno
- Server failed to start in eclipse juno
- Eclipse JUNO won't start anymore - org.eclipse.equinox.launcher
- Eclipse Juno wont start and it has no error
- Eclipse Juno doesn't start - An error has occurred. See the log file [\.metadata\.log.]
- Failed to Start Apache tomcat from eclipse juno in linux at port 80
- Can't start Eclipse - Java was started but returned exit code=13
- Eclipse error "ADB server didn't ACK, failed to start daemon"
- Install Marketplace plugin on Eclipse Juno
- Eclipse will not start and I haven't changed anything
- eclipse won't start - no java virtual machine was found
- Remove "Quick Access" entry in Eclipse Juno
- Eclipse Juno No Debug Toolbar?
- Eclipse does not start when I run the exe?
- Why is Eclipse Juno 4.2 running "JPA Java Change Event Handler" processes?
- Eclipse fails to start after crash
- Eclipse won't start but no error is shown
- Maven with Eclipse Juno
- An error has occured. Please see log file - eclipse juno
- The program can't start because cygwin1.dll is missing... in Eclipse CDT
- Subversive SVN Connectors does not appear in eclipse juno
- jQuery Autocompletion with Eclipse Juno Java EE
More Query from same tag
- TDGOTCHI in Eclipse - can someone explain how to make it work?
- Unable to launch Android application in Eclipse through Testdroid recorder
- eclipse very slow to start a plugin install
- Android Eclipse Logcat messages: How does ADT get the Application column?
- Unable to execute dex: GC overhead limit exceeded
- Refactor "package structure" in Eclipse to relocate a package's child package to its parent package
- JavaFx DatePicker onHiding and onHidden arguement type mismatch
- Why is tomcat saying initialization failed for eclipse scout project
- Building project in eclipse?
- Eclipse debugger does not stop in anonymous class?
- Eclipse: How do I add the javax.servlet package to a project?
- How do I remove duplicate libraries appearing in Eclipse /bin/dexedLibs folder for Android dev?
- Error messages are not printing in eclipse console
- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet error
- Error in Eclipse: "java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation"
- EGit zip archive for offline install
- Eclipse Reference Libraries
- "Package HttpClient does not exist" when compiling
- .Jar File Has Compile Errors When Decompiled But Works Properly
- The Eclipse XML Graphical Layout Editor for Android SDK
- How to add SBT Plugin to eclipse?
- Videoview on splashscreen
- No resource found that matches the given name (@style/AppTheme)
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/python/util/PythonInterpreter
- Customize Eclipse's java stack trace console formatter
- Python script runs fine from command line, file not found error when using Eclipse and PyDev
- java.io.FileNotFoundException: /storage/sdcard/MyApp/questions.txt: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)
- Find variable declaration for variable identifier (Eclipse JDT ASTNode)
- Eclipse 2021-06 Java editor surrounds past with escape characters on copy and paste
- AST eclipse, adding arguments to a MethodInvocation