score:203

Accepted answer

that fixed it for me:

rm your_workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap

credit: http://www.metod.si/job-found-still-running-after-platform-shutdown-eclipse/

score:-3

rm -f ~/.eclipse/ is what worked for me!

score:0

i had to reinstall my mercurial plugin, that was the underlying issue for me.

score:0

with me, the loader froze on mylyn. finding another issue somewhere said to try deleting the stuff .metadata/.mylyn under the workspace directory gave me the ability to load my workspace again

score:0

if you look in the eclipse.app content check if there is still eclipse.ini found that some updates destroy this file...

that was the reason on my system, copied it from a new version and it worked again...

score:0

i just did a restart to the system and it started working fine.

score:1

i had a similar problem but on win7 - 64. deleting the .snap file allowed me into eclipse and then i had to refresh my resource file via file-->refresh.

the snap file is located: your_project_dir/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap

score:1

i had the same problem twice on windows: eclipse didn't start because of the adt plugin.

i removed temporary files and cleaned up registry using ccleaner. then it worked.

score:4

here's what helped me solve my problem:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=389738

score:10

unfortunately, it did not work for me since i did not have .snap under

<home>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources

i ended up with the following sequence:

cd <home>/.metadata
mv .plugins .plugins.failing
<start eclipse>
<exit eclipse>  <--- builds fresh .plugins
cp -r .plugins.failing/org.eclipse.core.resources .plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources  <-- restores existing projects

score:27

running eclipse from the command line with the -clearpersistedstate switch fixed it for me:

$> eclipse -clearpersistedstate

score:40

i had to delete both of the following files as suggested in other answers to solve my issue,

  • .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap
  • .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi

score:158

deleting .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi solved the problem in my case.


Related Query

More Query from same tag