It works for me. Eclipse 2021-09. You have to delete all lines containing jpa.
The issue seems to be resolved with the new Eclipse. The plugin isn't available with Java Enterprise suite.
The solution for eclipse photon seems to be:
- open ./eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
- delete the lines starting with org.eclipse.jpt (might work to only remove org.eclipse.jpt.jpa)
Well this was initially asked 7 years ago....So let me give a very stable answer to it.
I am using eclipse 2021-09 (yes..the one just released few days ago)
TO TURN OFF JPA Project Change Event Handler (waiting)
Make sure no instance of eclise is running. Do suspend the validations for JPA from windows > preference > Validations
Go to [Installation directory]\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator
Edit bundles.info using notepad++ or wordpad or notepad in such a way that
You have to remove the lines that has org.[something].jpa (Sorry I don't remember exact name :P) and save the file.
Launch the eclipse and there you go, you won't see those troublesome "JPA Project Change Event Handler (waiting)" message in your elipse's console.
minor correction to mwhs's answer for the windows portion...
The move command does not work for the .\features folder because... well, frankly because Windows is retarded (you can use wildcards with 'move' on files, but apparently wildcards + folders == ignore the command). Anyway, this should work as an alternative to the windows snippet provided for step #2 in his answer.
as a batch file:
@echo off set eclipse_dir=C:\eclipse_luna mkdir disabled mkdir disabled\features mkdir disabled\plugins move plugins\org.eclipse.jpt.* disabled\plugins for /f %%i in ('dir "%eclipse_dir%\features\org.eclipse.jpt.*" /ad /b') do ( move "%eclipse_dir%\features\%%i" "%eclipse_dir%\disabled\features\%%i" )
There is another way to disable JPA tools for the project, that doesn't require to uninstall JPA features/plug-ins. I tested on https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal project wich was mentioned in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=386171 and claims to have similar problems:
- Switch to Eclipse Projects Explorer View to see the projects with JPA Facet Enabled (there should be "JPA Content" node);
- Select the project of interest which has "JPA Content" node and select Properties from context menu or press Alt+Enter to show Properties dialog for the project;
- Select "Project Facets" node in tree with categories;
- Clear JPA check box in project facets list and press OK.
After disabling JPA facet for uportal-war project form repository above I don't see any JPA related jobs in Eclipse Progress View.
I have disabled (unchecked) the JPA validator.
Now whenever I save the file, it shows only one task for JPA Project Change Event Handler and only 2 or 3 for JPA Java Change Event Handler.
And most important, the UI Hang issue is resolved.
Please refer following screen shot for the setting I have made :
I still have the same issue in Neon.2 My solution is to disable the JPA Configurator.
Open the Eclipse Preferences (not the project prefs!). Go to Maven --> Java EE Integration and disable the JPA Configurator. I also disabled the JAX-RS Configurator and the JSF Configurator.
From that point on the JPA Project Change Event Handler doesn't show up anymore.
Restart Eclipse if the change does not take effect immediately.
Don't know why, my Neon Eclipse still having this issue, it doesn't seem to be fixed in Mars version as many people said.
I found that using command is too troublesome, I delete the plugin away via the Eclipse Installation Manager.
Neon: [Help > Installation Details > Installed Software]
Oxygen: [Preferences > Install/Update > Installed Software]
Just select the plugin "Dali Java Persistence Tools -JPA Support" and click "uninstall" will do. Please take note my screen below doesn't have that because I already uninstalled.
I had the same problem and I ended up finding out that this seems to be a known bug in DALI (Eclipse Java Persistence Tools) since at least eclipse 3.8 which could cause the save action in the java editor to be extremly slow.
Since this hasn't been fully resolved in Kepler (20130614-0229) yet and because I don't need JPT/DALI in my eclipse I ended up manually removing the
org.eclipse.jpt features and plugins.
What I did was:
1.) exit eclipse
2.) go to my eclipse install directory
and execute these steps:
mkdir disabled mkdir disabled/features disabled/plugins mv plugins/org.eclipse.jpt.* disabled/plugins mv features/org.eclipse.jpt.* disabled/features
mkdir disabled mkdir disabled\features mkdir disabled\plugins move plugins\org.eclipse.jpt.* disabled\plugins for /D /R %D in (features\org.eclipse.jpt.*) do move %D disabled\features
3.) Restart eclipse.
After startup and on first use eclipse may warn you that you need to reconfigure your content-assist. Do this in your preferences dialog.
After uninstalling DALI/JPT my eclipse feels good again. No more blocked UI and waiting for seconds when saving a file.
- Eclipse JPA Project Change Event Handler (waiting)
- Disable JPA Java Change Event Handler
- Property change event handler vs button click in eclipse window builder?
- How to change an Eclipse default project into a Java project
- How to change JDK version for an Eclipse project
- Eclipse change project files location
- Why is Eclipse Juno 4.2 running "JPA Java Change Event Handler" processes?
- How do I change in an eclipse web project the WebContent folder to something different?
- Change Project Explorer tree view font size in Eclipse Oxygen
- How to change the background color for changed files in eclipse project explorer?
- Eclipse bug: This project has the JPA facet, but no JPA project could be created
- Eclipse + Turn an Existing Project into a JPA Project
- Eclipse CDT not building project on header file change
- Eclipse reports error on my JPA project
- problem with jpa project in eclipse - error in class annotated @entity: table "yyy" cannot be resolved
- How to change Eclipse project folder structure to Maven/Gradle structure
- How to change java version and web version on org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml under .settings dir of eclipse project
- maven / eclipse JPA project and Entity generation?
- eclipse existing maven project add jpa support?
- how to generate unique constraint in entity class using jpa project eclipse
- Change the active project in Eclipse - SVN Synchronize
- Referencing a JPA project from an Eclipse Plugin results in "PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for EntityManager"
- How to change Eclipse project explorer background color?
- Eclipse AbstractMethodError during building of JPA project
- Why change xml file in Eclipse project will trigger project auto build
- Setting up a Spring 3 MVC project with JPA on Eclipse
- Eclipse - how to change background color of selected file, when Project Explorer View is inactive
- Change Eclipse Project Settings programmatically
- project name doesn't change on the remote repository after renaming from eclipse
- How to add JPA tooling to a plain Java project in Eclipse Oxygen?
More Query from same tag
- How can I disable the eclipse server startup timeout?
- Multiple applications and plugins for docker build?
- Could not build OpenCV Android sample project
- How to generate code as Eclipse Visual Editor Does
- Eclipse Scout RAP UI deployment in Websphere
- Android application unhandled exception: Could not find class 'X', referenced from method 'Y'
- PyCuda and Eclipse
- How to connect java using eclipse with MySQL database
- "new project wizard" source code in eclipse to be implemented as a part of plugin
- How to use SQLJ with Eclipse?
- unqlite.h:651:15: error: changes meaning of ‘pgno’ from ‘typedef sxu64 pgno’ [-fpermissive]
- Eclipse Gradle Wizard creates project with SubFolder -lib
- how to find the current workspace classpath of eclipse automatically?
- Shake detection via service
- Eclipse can't open class declarations
- Permanently connect android device and eclipse over wifi
- Eclipse project - add linked resources programmatically
- Java: Trying to read text file imported in different package of the same project using BufferedReader? Getting no such file or directory error?
- Eclipse/adb error message in Vista "Failed to parse the output of adb version"
- Eclipse with m2e not building tests
- How to install UML plugin for Eclipse?
- Not a single method can be resolved
- How to make a Bitmap image from Google Maps APIv2 Android Eclipse
- Error in generating test cases when using EvoSuite Eclipse Plugin
- error when importing android projects into eclipse of lynda.com exercise file
- ndk-build.cmd: command not found
- Python unit tests are not running at all
- The following classes could not be instantiated: - com.amazon.device.ads.AdLayout
- Introducing builder for existing projects
- Ubiquitous keyboard shortcut for Find Next in Eclipse?