It will indeed only refresh the current project (or, more specifically, the current selection in the project explorer). I just click somewhere in the project explorer, do Ctrl+A to select all projects and then press F5 to achieve a complete refresh.
For anyone curious how to select all of those projects on OS X where Ctrl+A doesn't work:
- Click the first project
- Hold down Shift
- Hold the ↓ key until they are all selected
- Now press F5
This answer led me to an even simpler solution, no configuration necessary.
Cmd-3 build all (control-3 on windows)
Edit: Correction -- I need to both refresh and build. Build does not automatically refresh. I'm currently using two actions, "echo" from my comment in the linked answer I just referred to (an External Tool configuration with a hook to refresh all), followed by cmd-3 "build all"
Control click all your projects together, then right click and hit refresh.
Usually I refresh all like that, then i make sure to clean all projects and rebuild in eclipse.
- Create an external tool: Run > External Tools > External Tools Configuration...
- Create a new Program configuration Point the location to an exe that is very fast (I use Cygwin's 'ls')
- On the Refresh tab, choose Refresh Resources upon completion, The Entire Workspace
- On the Build tab, deselect Build before launch
Run the tool to refresh all projects.
Ctrl-A, then F5.
You can set up the workspace to automatically refresh when it detects changes in the preferences. (Window > Preferences > General > Workspace > Refresh Automatically)
If you want to refresh all Projects, ignoring closed projects, then the easiest way is to:
- ctrl-click and item in the Project Explorer (to ensure the P. Explorer has focus)
- ctrl-click the item again so that it's no longer highlighted (but the P. Explorer still has focus)
- F5 will now Refresh the entire workspace
Effectively F5 refreshes the Workspace when a navigation view has focus and nothing is selected.
- how to refresh eclipse workspace programmatically?
- How to migrate entire Eclipse workspace to Android Studio?
- How to refresh the workspace in eclipse after adding new files?
- How to let eclipse refresh the workspace
- how to delete particular statements of the entire workspace in Eclipse IDE using line numbers automatically
- Eclipse: How do I refresh an entire workspace? F5 doesn't do it
- How to Clone an Eclipse Workspace
- eclipse workspace: how to rename workspace
- In Eclipse m2e, how to reference workspace project?
- Eclipse - How to know on which workspace I'm working without clicking/changing main view
- How do I get Eclipse to show the entire javadoc for a class
- How can I get Eclipse to index an entire C/C++ source tree that contains multiple "make projects"?
- How to fix a workspace in eclipse that does not open anymore?
- Eclipse - How to "Change package declaration to ...." across an entire project
- How can I close all projects in an Eclipse workspace while eclipse is closed?
- How to transfer Eclipse workspace and project from Windows to Linux and Mac
- How can I format an entire source tree in Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede)?
- How do I configure eclipse to automatically refresh a project as part of it's build?
- how to create an eclipse workspace with command line without actually launching eclipse?
- How to launch eclipse from a command line on MacOS with a workspace pathname
- how to get Eclipse Workspace Location URI
- How to refresh external Jars in Eclipse project (Java)?
- How to isolate Eclipse workspace from git local repository?
- How to copy projects into workspace of eclipse after importing the project?
- How to keep an eclipse workspace synchronized among two machines?
- How to refresh resource from Eclipse Plugin?
- How to change workspace JRE in Eclipse
- How to associate an Eclipse Workspace with TFS workspace?
- How to refresh update site in Eclipse
- How to synchronize Eclipse project workspace with Git-BitBucket?
More Query from same tag
- Selecting specific values in List depending on control values in Java
- Java Directory Path - Eclipse vs Windows CMD
- GridBagLayout in eclipse view
- Ctrl + Shift + L Quick Search is not working in STS Spring Tools 4 and Eclipse
- Eclipse (Aptana) Typing Lag
- How to see source code of JavaFX SDK in eclipse kepler?
- Android Soundpool loaded in onCreate causing NullPointerException
- In Eclispe, disable the "Find Next" text being replaced when highlighting text
- Using branched svn repository in Eclipse without Subversive/Subclipse
- How to open a html file from a help menu button
- sonar-collapsible if statements
- IntelliJ Idea fails to create a new Android application project
- error while loading maven project into eclipse
- Using same SQLitedatabase data with any device in application
- build path - the declared path does not meet the expected package
- Preserve line-break in Eclipse CSS formatter
- Enter vs Escape when renaming identifiers in Eclipse
- java files containing unicode don't compile
- Adding GCC compiler to Eclipse IDE
- Android NDK: custom pre-build step?
- eclipse plugin issue with welcome screen
- Download Eclipse plugin without manager
- Appengine + Maven + Spring + Eclipse
- Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000000 (code=1) - PhoneGap
- Using JUnit 5 with Java 9 without Maven or Gradle
- Eclipse Helios, run server after ant build has successfully finished
- Eclipse "Navigate to the next item" shortcut on a file with deprecated items
- eclipse project has jar in referenced library not listed as dependency
- Custom splash screen for Eclipse plugin (Non-RCP)
- How can I debug a Doclet in Eclipse?