to change background colour
- open menu *windows → preferences → general → editors → text editors
- browse appearance color options
- select background color options, uncheck default, change to black
- select background color options, uncheck default, change to colour of choice
to change text colours
- open java → editor → syntax colouring
- select element from java
- change colour
- list item
to change java editor font
- open menu windows → preferences → general → appearance → colors and fonts
- select java → java editor text font from list
- click on change and select font
on windows or mac, you can find this setting under the general → editors → text editors menu.
... on a mac, preferences' is under the main 'aptana studio 3' menu rather than the 'windows' menu as mentioned above.
if you go to windows, preferences then select general, editors, text editors, you can set colors on that property page (and there's a link for setting more colors - general, appearance, colors and fonts).
that's with an eclipse 3.3 build anyway.
the easiest way is to install the plugin is from the eclipse marketplace. go to help→eclipse marketplace, then search for eclipse color theme and install it.
you can install eclipse theme plugin then select default. please visit here: http://eclipsecolorthemes.org/?view=plugin
background color of views (navigator, console, tasks etc) is set according to the desktop (system) settings. on linux/gnome i changed system/preferences/appeareance to change this color.
editor colors are set chaotically by different editors, search for background in eclipse preferences to find different options. one easy way to get beautiful dark (and not only dark) themes is to install afae plugin, and then pick theme within its preferences (twilight theme is beautiful, for example) - again, eclipse prefs, afae group. of course this applies only when you edit with afae.
under windows → preferences → general → apperance you can find a dark theme.
i just came across this: eclipse colour themes
install the plugin and choose from a selection of pre-defined themes, or write your own. just what i needed!
- Eclipse fonts and background color
- I have eclipse with pydev and i set the background to black and text white. now when i click on any word, is highlighted in a yellow color
- Eclipse Shortcut Key for Color and Fonts -> Basic -> Text Font
- Eclipse - change background color of opening and closing tags of current tag
- Eclipse IDE for (Embedded C/C++) Developers 2020-12: Classic dark theme deep black color background and text in menu
- Eclipse dark theme's text color is same as background in tree view and button
- Eclipse javadoc background color is black
- How to change search background color in eclipse
- Eclipse in Ubuntu: hover background color property, where?
- How to change the background color for changed files in eclipse project explorer?
- Eclipse dark theme for windows: how to change the color of scroll bars and title bars to dark?
- Using Dark Eclipse Color Theme and Comparison Editor
- Change color and format of java.util.logging.Logger output in Eclipse
- Change 'fixes' background color in eclipse
- How to change background color in eclipse for a not defined region?
- Eclipse 4. 2 Java Console Change Background Color
- Eclipse CDT disabled code background color
- Eclipse Background Color will not change OSX, Pydev
- Eclipse - Change Console background color
- Eclipse Rulers background color
- Eclipse editor background color per project
- eclipse coloring : what is the pref item for background color of all occurrences of selection
- Eclipse - Change the background color of selected file in the 'View' window
- Eclipse color theme and OS L&F
- How to change the background color of a potential match in Eclipse
- Eclipse IDE - Background color
- Eclipse - Can't change background color after I applied a theme
- Where to change list item background color in Eclipse user interface?
- Eclipse CDT: How can I change background color of tooltip in editor?
- How to change hover background and foreground color in eclipse?
More Query from same tag
- .classpath file issues when cloning Java eclipse project from git
- Android KitKat Failure delivering result ResultInfo?
- Populate a combobox from an array list populated from an SQL statment
- How can I tell where a snapshot version is being specified for a particular artifact?
- How to change default eclipse IDE to new version IDE in Ubuntu?
- cvc-complex-type.2.4.a invalid content was found starting with element factory in faces-config.xml
- How to build a c++ project on a remote computer in Eclipse?
- Eclipse Android (ADT) How do I use methods from other classes in MainActivity class?
- Error while using Spring STS Starter Wizard
- Is it possible use Programmers Notepad as an Eclipse plugin?
- Highlighting maya commands (such as polySphere) in Eclipse (with PyDev) and EclipseMayaEditor
- How can I checkout a SVN-URL in an Eclipse workspace?
- Set default data path for every project in Eclipse
- TabHost NullPointerException in layout
- NoClassDefFoundError exception while using external library in EMF plugin project
- Split a comma delimited string to a table in BIRT
- java apache tomcat is not detecting the jsp file even when it exists
- programmatically customize eclipse project explorer
- Eclipse CTD macro syntax error
- How do I change the index of a TableItem?
- How to creat cpp files in Eclipse
- Why can't I build after adding Mercurial project to Eclipse?
- the app. is not getting installed on the device, console generates errors
- How to use HTC Desire and Eclipse on Ubuntu 10.4 to test Android Apps?
- Basic Tutorial? Makefiles in Eclipse CDT
- passing context to timer android eclipse
- How to install Twist into Eclipse
- Unleash Process in Eclipse
- Syntax error on token ":", invalid AssignmentOperator in eclipse ide
- Xtext: grammar for language with significant/semantic whitespace