you should be able to specify there the packages you do not want to see.
to exclude certain types from appearing in content assist, use the type filter feature configured on the
java > appearance > type filterspreference page.
types matching one of these filter patterns will not appear in the open type dialog and will not be available to content assist, quick fix and organize imports.
these filter patterns do not affect the package explorer and hierarchy views.
finnw (the op) adds in the comments:
now how do you add a single class to this list? i'm not interested in java.awt.list but occasionally i want java.awt.window or java.awt.dimension. –
"type filter" is actually based on class pattern matching, meaning if you add:
that class will disappear from the content assist propositions.
if you know all
java.awt.lxxx classes are of no interest, you could add
all other classes from
java.awt would still be there for the content assist.
with a recent eclipse (i have right now a eclipse 3.6mx, but this should work for 3.5.x as well), you are not limited to package pattern only in the type filter.
- Eclipse: Exclude specific packages when autocompleting a class name
- How to avoid Eclipse importing a class when putting the class name in the comments, so that checkstyle does not complain later?
- Import Error in Eclipse when importing same name packages
- Eclipse "Enhanced Class Decompiler" plugin does not decompile when debugging
- How to change auto-generated code when creating new class in Eclipse
- Wrong package name when using automatically added imports in Eclipse
- Why Eclipse doesn't show local variables values when I debug class file from JDK?
- "Module name is invalid" when exporting an existing eclipse project to a war file
- How to prevent Eclipse from auto-importing packages when pasting code?
- How can I find an anonymous inner class in Eclipse given only its synthetic name (Class$N)?
- Eclipse - Add Server - Next Button is disabled when I select a specific Tomcat (e.g tomcat8)
- Can eclipse automatically rename the unit test class when the class under test is renamed?
- "The project: swing which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist" in Eclipse when project name is the same as workspace name
- what names should I give as project name, package name, class name - (java - eclipse )
- When stepping into class instantiation, eclipse debugger goes to native code
- Unable to compile class for JSP error when I'm running my code in eclipse gwt project
- Make Eclipse default to JUnit4 rather than JUnit5 when the class only contains JUnit4 annotations
- How to keep import * for specific package when organizing imports in Eclipse
- Getting class not found Exception when running in eclipse
- Eclipse Content Assist is Appending Class Name to Variable Suggestions
- Project Name Issue when Importing Android Projects into Eclipse
- Eclipse JUnit4: exclude tests using a name pattern
- Invalid Header Field Name when adding manifest to JAR using Eclipse
- Why are class files different size when compiling the same code in eclipse, and then with the eclipse compiler via ant?
- Exclude a folder name from Eclipse file search
- Class not found when using JAX-RS with Eclipse and Glassfish
- Duplicate src packages when importing an existing project in Eclipse
- IDEA and Eclipse : How to automatic generate method when extends a class
- why does Eclipse import a class when referencing it with @See
- m2eclipse: add group id to project name when importing existing maven project into Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Google maps v2 android marker won't show
- Parse .uml file with eclipse uml2
- How to export Maven project with excel files and javafx in it?
- How to define Eclipse external null annotations for parameters in JRE methods
- Maven compiler plugin specification
- Not doing Animations and Moving to the next screen
- I get a timeout when I try to install Android app through Eclipse ADT
- HTTP requests with HttpClient too slow?
- Eclipse Started Randomly Printing Hundreds of Blank/Empty Lines to Console
- How to get files from Project Explorer and Package Explorer to new View on Eclipse?
- How to dynamically inject WebDriver path and WebDrivers at runtime
- Build eclipse project with maven: jaxb xsd file not packaged
- Running Script in Emulator for Seetest
- Android Google Map crashes while launching
- Eclipse with PDT: How to sync project to remote server
- How to disassembly in Eclipse .exe file made by a C program?
- How to develop java application on remote ubuntu server?
- How is maven integrated with the eclipse build process (3.7)?
- Java Ajax WebApp - Tips and Pitfalls?
- How to run eclipse on Ubuntu 13.10
- Eclipse: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataHandler
- Eclipse (website installer) doesn't install libraries under plugins
- eclipse on ubuntu: what is missing from my configuration?
- A' could not be resolved
- NoSuchMethodError Version.compareTo() when launching Web Preview Server in Eclipse
- Restore Eclipse Welcome page via plugin
- Java execution stalled - Resolving model org.eclipse.recommenders:index::zip:0.0.0 31KB/1MB
- Eclipse Console - what are the rules that make stack traces clickable?
- Eclipse freezes all the time with Ubuntu