i have solved my first question: open eclipse, open the sdk manager, and choose the device to open.
or you can open the sdk directory. open the sdk manager, and then choose the device to open
2: close eclipse, and then open it.
killing eclipse and then rebooting did not help me. i added the android tool to the path variables, started task manager and killed adb.exe.
i restarted eclipse, and then it worked.
i had to allow adb.exe to access my network in my firewall.
i had the same problem. but there was no process of
adb on my laptop. i just log out and log in to my account, and it's resolved...
adb could start from cmd windows after that.
the best and the most efficient way without restarting any device or software is:
run the following:
and one more thing.. adb is a self-dependent thing. you cannot do anything until unless it wants itself to work. there is one more way which i found out: leave the device connected for 5-6 minutes and wait. soon the device gets connected and tries to launch.
this didn't start happening for me until i rooted my samsung galaxy s iii phone (following the xda-developer forum guide).
it happens pretty randomly, but it's definitely occurring while running eclipse.
killing the adb.exe process and restarting it solves the problem.
look at the antivirus or firewall... does any of that block you from access... in k7 antivirus i turned off system monitor, and it does works for me...
linux/ubuntu users this might also be the case.... i had an android emulator running and i had to kill that. to do that do the following
lsof -i :5307
(use sudo if needed) note the pid in the result of above command. then
kill -9 <pid_from_above>
then go ahead with
./adb nodaemon server in a terminal.
if it returns
invalid content in adb_usb.ini, then there is a problem with your
adb_usb.ini file in the
adb_usb.ini and erase its contents. then restart the server...it worked for me.
check for the path of the android directory. it should not contain spaces, etc.
also check if the plugin has been properly configured in eclipse → preferences.
in my case i had everything checked multiple times, but it was still not working. i was about to reinstall everything, but i came upon an answer on this site (some other post).
do check your antivirus. it may be blocking the ports of
adb.exe or emulator programs, etc. that solved the problem in my case.
in addition to @bastet's solution:
actually we have to kill the process using the address
0.0.0.0:0. that's why for most of the people killing
adb.exe from task manager was working (in my case i was not able to see it even in task manager).
following the @bastet steps, i found out that some other process was using this address. i went ahead to kill it, and it gave me
access denied as
so using the
tasklist | findstr **** i found out the name of the process and killed it from task manager.
thereafter it started working.
in my case
bas_helper were using this address both of which corresponds to moborobo.
run over to sysinternals.com and pick up tcpview and process explorer, if you don't have them installed already.
for some reason, the adb daemon is terminating before the close socket exchange is complete. if you run (from the command prompt) "netstat -o", you will see the socket (generally 5037) in close_wait state and the owning process number. process explorer won't show that process id (the daemon terminated), and the process called adb.exe (which opened the socket) will be gone. (if adb.exe if found, try killing the task and see if things get cleaned up.)
using tcpview, locate the hung socket. the process name column will show the associated process can not be found. right click, and select "close connection". the socket is now closed, and the adb daemon should be able to start.
i had a similar issue. killing an existing instance of the adb process from task manager did not work for me.
just few days back, i had tried to install mips sdk and adt-17 earlier and eclipse gave me the error, and i did not fix that issue.
so, now, when i got this adb server didn't ack, failed to start daemon... issue, i executed 'check for updates' in the eclipse help menu item. there were no updates available, but at least 'adb server did not ack' error disappeared.
i hope this might help in a few cases.
i've already up-voted another answer here to this question, but just in case anyone was wondering, you don't need to restart eclipse to get adb running again. just open a shell and run the command:
if you haven't set the path to adb in your system properties then you must first go to the directory in which adb exists(in android\android-sdk\platform-tools....i'm running windows, i don't know how the mac people do things).
make sure usb debugging on your phone is turned on. adb kill-server and adb start-server is not the problem.
c:\documents and settings\administrator> adb nodaemon server
- cannot bind 'tcp:5037'
c:\documents and settings\administrator> netstat -aon | findstr "5037"
- tcp 127.0.0.1:1130 127.0.0.1:5037 time_wait 0
- tcp 127.0.0.1:1269 127.0.0.1:5037 time_wait 0
- tcp 127.0.0.1:5037 0.0.0.0:0 listening 3088
- tcp 127.0.0.1:5037 127.0.0.1:1128 time_wait 0
- tcp 127.0.0.1:5037 127.0.0.1:1129 time_wait 0
- tcp 127.0.0.1:5037 127.0.0.1:1270 time_wait 0
c:\documents and settings\administrator>tasklist -fi "pid eq 3088"
- image name pid session name session # memory usage
========================= ====== ================ ======== ============
- adb.exe 3088 console 0 3,816 k
c:\documents and settings\administrator>taskkill /f /pid 3088
- success: terminate the pid for the process of 3,088.
c:\documents and settings\administrator>adb start-server
- daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
- daemon started successfully *
we can solve this issue so easily.
- open a command prompt, and do
cd <platform-tools directory>
- run command
- open windows task manager and check whether
adbis still running. if it is, just kill
- run command
adb start-serverin the command prompt
i caused this problem by entering an extra blank line at the end of ~/.android/adb_usb.ini
(removing the extra blank line fixed the problem)
if you are using a sync application for the device, it could also be because there are other apps using the same
5037 port. shut down all services running on port
5037 and try starting adb.
to check if any application is using port 5037, use this:
netstat -a -n -o |findstr "5037"
get the pid of the application.
use process explorer to find the process and exit it.
adb start-server or
adb get-state to start/check the adb server status.
i faced the issue when i used the snappea / wandoujia sync application.
adb will often fail if there is a newline in
adb_usb.ini. remove it, restart it, and that will often solve the problem (at least for me anyway).
these symptoms occur if you are using the genymotion emulator (on windows or linux) at the same time as android studio:
adb server is out of date. killing...
adb server didn't ack
* failed to start daemon *
genymotion includes its own copy of
adb, which interferes with the one bundled in the android sdk.
the easiest way to fix seems to be to update your genymotion settings so it uses the same adb as your android sdk:
just check the "use custom android sdk tools" option and enter your desired location.
command prompt (cmd.exe):
netstat -aon | findstr 5037
find the process id of 0.0.0.0:
make sure it's adb.exe:
tasklist | findstr 1980
kill this process:
taskkill /f /t /im adb.exe
get adb back to normal:
credit: blog post *android adb server didn't ack failed to start daemon*
i met same problem, though i didn't what caused this. whatever, i find some clues and fixed finally.
when i open sdk and avd manager, but find the avd version(2.3.3) is not same with android lib version(2.3). so i create a new avd with 2.3.
i fixed it by the following steps: 1. open windows task manager and kill adb.exe process. 2. close eclipse and restart it. then it works.
hope it helps.
thanks, @jowett, i have solved my same problem, doing these steps
step 1: ctrl+shift+esc to open the task manager, which has adb.exe process and end (kill) that process
step 2: now, close the eclipse, which is currently running on my computer.
step 3: again, restart eclipse then solved that problem.
for those using os x
for those using windows
should do the trick.
- adb server is out of date. killing... cannot bind 'tcp:5037' ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * in ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Eclipse error "ADB server didn't ACK, failed to start daemon"
- ADB Server didn't ACK, failed to start daemon
- Facing issues in eclipse ADB server didn't ACK
- Keep getting error that says Server App Engine Standard at localhost failed to start
- Tomcat server 9.0 not starting in eclipse It showing error "Server Tomcat v9.0 Server at localhost failed to start."
- Error during server start up after hotswap-agent configured with Tomcat and eclipse
- Server Tomcat v9.0 Server at localhost failed to start in eclipse
- Tomcat 7 server failed to start after creating a servlet using eclipse
- Server Tomcat v8.5 Server at localhost failed to start in Eclipse
- tomcat8 server failed to start error
- Server failed to start in eclipse juno
- Server Tomcat v9.0 Server at localhost failed to start is the message in eclipse
- Server Tomcat v8.0 at localhost failed to start : Failed to Start Component in Eclipse for JSP
- Server Tomcat v8.0 Server at localhost failed to start - JSF, CDI, JAVA, TOMCAT, ECLIPSE
- tomcat 8 in Eclipse Luna failed to start : Error with directory [C:\Program Files\Eclipse\eclipse\lib]
- server failed to start while running a project in eclipse
- Eclipse + Tomcat 7 + Audit Trial DataSource - Server Failed to start
- Tomcat 7 server won't start within eclipse with error `Starting Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost (2) has encountered a problem`
- Eclipse won't start but no error is shown
- Eclipse Google Plug-In doesn't start server for web application
- Error in Assigning proper home directory while configuring jboss-eap-6.4 server in Eclipse Luna
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating indexes".Java heap space during eclipse start up?
- Eclipse Start Weblogic in debug Mode error : “Failed to connect to remote VM”
- Failed to create BuildConfig class error message in eclipse
- No such table error when running a django server from Eclipse
- Failed to execute goal tomcat:deploy Error writing to server
- Eclipse - parseSdkContent failed error - not recognizing XML Files
- Eclipse error upon start up
- Server Tomcat v9.0 Server at localhost failed to start
More Query from same tag
- Generating DAO with Hibernate Tools on Eclipse
- Eclipse won't start up with Java installed already
- How to use MultiTouch in Android ? Simple way please
- XText: use custom terminals definitions
- Eclipse and Maven - resources in jar
- How to use eclipse for C and java codes simultaneously
- Gradle project is not able to find JavaFX Application class despite adding JavaFX plugin
- "Plugin not found for prefix" error in Eclipse
- Cannot install windowbuilder plugin on eclipse photon
- Error while Building Android Application Project
- Unable to deploy eclipse exported war file
- Why are my Python libraries appearing when I installed Pydev for Eclipse
- Eclipse possible connection leaks
- Eclipse plugin: how to read the "settings.xml" file path which is configured in M2Eclipse plugin
- Eclipse git plugin and a method to fetch current branch - commit id to Java code version info string
- apache sqoop 1.4.4 development environment setup in eclipse
- Solving NoClassDefFoundError exception with SWT
- Android: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
- When I change the text for the button in SWT, the whole button size changes. How can I disable this?
- Eclipse automatic generate fingerprint sha1 for every android project?
- ARM DS-5 Web services unavailable
- how do i push to git repo given the following error: an internal exception occurred during push: ssh://email@example.com/yyy/yyy.git: session is down
- How to print "rājshāhi" to the Eclipse output console?
- Static library, link to a shared library
- My maven Java project in Eclipse doesn't generate jar file
- Cannot get Eclipse IDE to run
- How to have tomcat use folder with extension .jar as jar files?
- CirclePageIndicator in fragment
- How to bypass SSL certificates issue in JBOSS REST ClientRequest
- Eclipse Maven project and GIT