building workspace is about incremental build of any evolution detected in one of the opened projects in the currently used workspace.
you can also disable it through the menu "
project / build automatically".
but i would recommend first to check:
- if a project clean all / build result in the same kind of long wait (after disabling this option)
- if you have (this time with building automatically activated) some validation options you could disable to see if they have an influence on the global compilation time (
preferences / validations, or
preferences / xml / ...if you have wtp installed)
- if a fresh eclipse installation referencing the same workspace (see this eclipse.ini for more) results in the same issue (with building automatically activated)
note that bug 329657 (open in 2011, in progress in 2014) is about interrupting a (too lengthy) build, instead of cancelling it:
there is an important difference between build interrupt and cancel.
when a build is cancelled, it typically handles this by discarding incremental build state and letting the next build be a full rebuild. this can be quite expensive in some projects.
as a user i think i would rather wait for the 5 second incremental build to finish rather than cancel and result in a 30 second rebuild afterwards.
the idea with interrupt is that a builder could more efficiently handle interrupt by saving its intermediate state and resuming on the next invocation.
in practice this is hard to implement so the most common boundary is when we check for interrupt before/after calling each builder in the chain.
for anyone running into a problem where build automatically is unchecked but the project is still building. make sure your project isn't deployed to the server in the server tab and told to stay synchronous.
if needed programmatic from a pde or jdt code:
public static void setworkspaceautobuild(boolean flag) throws coreexception
iworkspace workspace = resourcesplugin.getworkspace();
final iworkspacedescription description = workspace.getdescription();
you can switch to manual build so can control when this is done. just make sure that
project > build automatically from the main menu is unchecked.
- Disable building workspace process in Eclipse
- Disable the building of one project in an Eclipse workspace
- eclipse stuck when building workspace
- Eclipse always Building workspace
- Eclipse keeps Building workspace... and Building workspace... and Building workspace
- Disable Eclipse plugins per workspace
- Eclipse Android SDK - error in building workspace
- error in building workspace in Eclipse Helios
- Disable Maven Workspace Resolution in Eclipse Globally
- my eclipse plug-in creates endless workspace building loops, probably job related
- Eclipse keeps building workspace
- How to setup the project & workspace for building Androlate; an Eclipse Plugin
- Eclipse Building Workspace always slow due to Invoking "Maven Project Builder"
- Building workspace hangs at 50% invoking JSHintProblemChecker on </projectname>: Eclipse
- Building a workspace (J2ME) on Eclipse 3.6.0
- Eclipse Stuck on building workspace after installing Angular js
- problem in building workSpace in eclipse
- Eclipse Building workspace fails after importing AndroidAnnotations
- Error in building workspace For Eclipse for Python Android Programming
- Building workspace has encountered a prob in eclipse for Android app
- Building workspace creating a prob in eclipse for android app
- Eclipse error when building Workspace
- Error when building Eclipse workspace OLD
- Building workspace in eclipse
- Eclipse Starts building workspace every time after I do workspace search
- Building Workspace has encountered an error in Eclipse
- Automating the process of importing project into eclipse workspace using command line interface not working as expected
- Workspace of eclipse not building
- Eclipse error while building workspace
More Query from same tag
- Set Eclipse to follow system classpath
- How can I disable the eclipse server startup timeout?
- R.java file missing from eclipse
- How does one export and then import an exact copy of a java project jar?
- Eclipse+gtest compile c++ error:multiple definition of "...."
- RTC version control code checkout into eclipse
- Cannot see my images resources launching J2EE preview
- Eclipse + Tomcat7 pushing not able to copy all files in Ubuntu
- JNI: How to get jbyteArray size
- How to remote debug Confluence plugin with Eclipse?
- How to run php file in eclipse juno
- eclipse add jni and .jar libraries
- How can I plus file's info?
- In Eclipse, Is there a way to disable a breakpoint temporarily?
- How to extract or select Particular Date and Time on remainder Element in selenium web driver
- Set device wallpaper to be the background for an activity layout
- CodeIgniter And Image Display in Table
- Mylyn connector for sourceforge feature/bug tracking system
- SonarQube issue: Method may fail to clean up stream or resource on checked exception
- Adding 1 to an int variable each time a user inputs
- Error with data sets in BIRT
- Wrong order in which items in the listview when scroll
- Can't compile C++ inside eclipse
- How to develop Eclipse plugins in clojure?
- Why does eclipse break when the .project file is hidden?
- qt gui project in eclipse using qt plugin
- Eclipse Neon 2, "No local history available for selected resource" for all files
- Eclipse Android won't clean, won't refresh resources
- Creating a new Java project
- Jar file not running on mac