these bugs (and a solution if you use eclipse >3.4) may be of interest to you:
a. allow more character triggers as @samuel said (fixed in 3.4 onwards):
change the default in auto activation triggers for java to
b. allow content assist everywhere automatically (not fixed):
also to make auto complete work in xml files do the following changes in preferences -> xml -> xml files -> editor -> content assist
under auto activation section, provide the following values
- make auto activation delay (ms): 0
- prompt when these characters are inserted: <=:._abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
following screenshot explains the same
- window -> preferences
- java -> editor -> content assist
- change auto-activation to suit your preferences
you will probably want to set the delay to 0.
change the auto activation triggers to
you're unlikely to type anything else to get assist started.
- Show Javadoc after pressing ctrl + space in Eclipse
- Ctrl-Space in Eclipse without Pressing Ctrl-Space
- Ctrl + Space not working for content assist on eclipse
- How to set 'File Search' as the default dialog when pressing CTRL + H in Eclipse or STS?
- Ctrl Space Not Working in Eclipse Helios on Win 7
- How Can I insert System.out.println() in Eclipse with ctrl + space
- Run a Java class on Eclipse automatically without pressing the "run" button
- Eclipse - pressing space deletes the parenthesis before caret
- Eclipse - show android classes with the key combination CTRL + Space while developing?
- Eclipse disorders an XML file after pressing Ctrl + Shift + F
- eclipse not giving any help on CTRL + Space
- Build eclipse plugin without IDE and without specifying a work space
- CTRL + Space does not work as it suppose to work on eclipse macbook
- How get ctrl + space to autocomplete in eclipse
- Auto complete Java by pressing space bar in NetBeans or Eclipse
- Ctrl + Space autocomplete won't work in eclipse luna
- Eclipse debugger always blocks on ThreadPoolExecutor without any obvious exception, why?
- Eclipse WTP vs sydeo, " serves modules without publishing "
- How can I compile a Java program in Eclipse without running it?
- Creating a src/main/java folder structure in Eclipse without Maven
- How to simultaneously run all JUnit tests for a Eclipse Java project without Maven?
- Kill Eclipse background operation without killing Eclipse
- java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space in tomcat with eclipse
- Eclipse formatter adds space in empty comment lines
- Import an existing Git project into Eclipse without a .project file
- Eclipse .metadata\.plugins disk space
- How to get carriage return without line feed effect in Eclipse console?
- Eclipse - How to know on which workspace I'm working without clicking/changing main view
- Adding folder in eclipse in src directory without making it package
- Rebuild .apk using Eclipse without Run
More Query from same tag
- Configuring eclipse to delete logs before tomcat server startup
- NoSuchElementException and Eclipse
- Server in Client's computer to create a TCP persistent link
- Java Servlet Error: "Could not launch profiling mode because no profilers are configured."
- Must do adb kill-server and start-server everytime to recognize android device in Ubuntu
- JUnit 5 Eclipse Java Testing
- some jar files run via double click, and some don't
- Step over in Eclipse is entering every method
- GWT auto fit composite
- running maven project in eclipse luna
- Pydev closing parenthesis autocomplete
- .gitignore file for java eclipse project
- Adding .class files to the build path in Eclipse
- The type parameter T is hiding the type T in <T> T toArray(T a) using Eclipse
- <pluginManagement> tag causes "cannot find symbol" on Maven2
- Is there a way to hide annotations in Netbeans or Eclipse?
- Enlarging an Imageview on click
- Can Eclipse debug my Windows exe built with makefile?
- "Too many declarations in selection" error message while trying to extract a function in eclipse CDT
- Eclipse Juno with JRE 7 causes problems on startup
- MapReduce chained job never ends
- Can't start jBoss AS 7.1
- Remote Debugging in Eclipse/Intellij
- mvn build failures : Compilation failure
- JSTestDriver coverage eclipse plugin
- Android Studio - Run application without launcher activity
- missing LibSVM wrapper in weka 3.8 in "java code" (I have already installed it and can see it in the experimenter)
- Eclipse : Add new character on "Matching brackets highlight" functionality
- Is it possible to use an environment variable instead of a "linked resource"?
- Can't see suggestions in eclipse