i use file -> switch workspace -> other... and type in my new workspace name.
(edit: added the composite screen shot.)
once in the new workspace, file -> import... and under general choose "existing projects into workspace. press the next button and then browse for the old projects you would like to import. check "copy projects into workspace" to make a copy.
you can create multiple workspaces in eclipse. you have to just specify the path of the workspace during eclipse startup. you can even switch workspaces via file→switch workspace.
you can then import project to your workspace, copy paste project to your new workspace folder, then
file→import→existing project in to workspace→select project.
in window->preferences->general->startup and shutdown->workspaces, make sure that 'prompt for workspace on startup' is checked.
then close eclipse and reopen.
then you'll be prompted for a workspace to open. you can create a new workspace from that dialogue.
or file->switch workspace->other...
- Create a new workspace in Eclipse
- In Eclipse - losing preferences when I create new workspace in windows
- Create a new Eclipse workspace for new Android SDK R20
- Why does Eclipse automatically add appcompat v7 library support whenever I create a new project?
- Moving Eclipse Workspace from ~ to new directory?
- Howto re-attach subclipse when using a new Eclipse on an existing workspace
- Cannot create a new Android Project using Eclipse
- create a new class do not appear right click menu eclipse
- Cannot import local git into Eclipse to create a new project (throws error "Connecting Git team provider failed")
- Create a project in Eclipse in a subfolder of the workspace
- Eclipse crashes with "Unable to create new native thread" - any ideas? (my settings and info inside)
- Eclipse plug-in: Create a new file extension for a language not supported by Eclipse
- Eclipse wizard to create new Android Activity doesn't work
- "Build path entry is missing" error when trying to create a new project in Eclipse
- how to create an eclipse workspace with command line without actually launching eclipse?
- How to create new android project in eclipse and share in local git repository?
- Eclipse cant create new java projects
- How to get Eclipse to stop asking to create a module-info java file on new Java project creation?
- Cannot create Eclipse workspace
- Create a new method from selecting existing code block, Eclipse
- How to create new project from GIT repo using Eclipse EGit
- Eclipse plugin: create a new file
- How can I copy Eclipse classpath variables from one workspace to a new workspace?
- How to create new folder in Eclipse Helios CDT with symbolic link?
- I can't create a new web project in eclipse luna IDE (do not find create new web project)
- Cannot create a new android application on eclipse
- Eclipse automatic create new functions/methods
- Create a new play scala project shows error in eclipse
- Android Development Eclipse - Cant Create a New Android Project - Mac OS
- How to get Eclipse + Google Plugin to create Async Interface and Impl stub method on new service method creation?
More Query from same tag
- I cannot find pydev django project in eclipse
- Eclipse : impossible to import a maven project
- Multiple KeyEvents?
- How to customize icons near the scrollbar in the Eclipse Java editor?
- Find method contents from a method in superclass? (Java/Eclipse)
- Eclipse ADT automatically creates a fragment for Activities. Why?
- Eclipse IDE doesn't show window-titles properly
- Eclipse configuration setup for Django can't find external libraries
- How to activate the 'code overview' widget in Eclipse Luna?
- How to open windows explorer on selected resource in Eclipse
- Keytool change key password using 'keypasswd' throws 'Alias has no key' error
- Randomize tictactoe
- Eclipse's variables window is populated extremely slowly by gdb
- Open and Send data to another android application
- Eclipse error when using Subversive
- Gradle + Eclipse: How to not export JARs that are dependencies of a dependency?
- How to launch minimal eclipse?
- Error when I try to run App with GoogleMapApiv2
- Make HTTP requests with progress bar, before opening a new Activity: how?
- Error while load-time compiling
- How to run eclipse on Ubuntu 13.10
- Why does Eclipse not recognize the build() method from the Notification.Builder class to return a Notification object?
- Can I add one folder from hard disk to my classpath for all projects in Eclipse
- Eclipse error during remote debug session: sh: locale: not found
- How can I make my robot turn 90 degree to the right?
- How can I compile Cinder in Eclipse for MacOS X 10.8.2
- Use singleton EJBs in Eclipse Projects
- Itext in Eclipse
- How to setup NDK and it's features into Eclipse ADT 23.0.1?
- Could not load "jingle_peerconnection_so" native Android webRTC