give some value for your sd card. may be something like 100 or 200
for those posting that we need to set the sdcard size: i tried that and many other settings, and none of that helps. i get the noclassdeffound exception mentioned by mogilka, in the error view. no configuration settings are going to fix that. it seems a bad update was pushed
i was able to create an avd successfully after clicking ok several times and modifying some of my settings as a test.
i tried yashwanth krishnan solution and tried to open the avd manageer.exe directly without success. the manager will not open directly for me on windows 8 x64. it tries to open, then shuts down immediately...
i met this issue too . the issue occurs in the latest version 22.6 which was released in march . meanwhile i did the testing in 22.3 , the issue was not found .
so that i suggest that rollback the adt to 22.3 and wait the new fix for 22.6
i banged my head on this for several hours until i found out that the default location was c:\username path\sdks or something, where android was installed on my system to d:\sdks\android_sdk_windows. so, changing the eclipse android directory to d:\sdks\android_sdk_windows fixed it.
i also heard that it may help things if you install the android sdk to a path without spaces.
hope this helps someone keep some hair.
today i ran into the same problem after installing maven. i messed around with different path settings to get it to work and i ran into issues. i was also trying to install the google server for gcm. somewhere in what i was doing i corrupted the android virtual device manager. i searched s.o. for an answer, then i decided to follow the first rule of techsupport. i reinstalled the tool kit!
i went into the sdk manager and i uninstalled the tools (by clicking the tool checkbox). it took several minutes to delete them all. then i reinstalled the tools which took about ten minutes. i rebooted eclipse and the avd and worked just like it did yesterday!
this time it only took a total of twenty minutes to fix.
per the release notes, this problem has been resolved in revision 22.6.1, which is now available for download.
updated your android sdk tools to 22.6.1 in eclipse by selecting
android sdk manager and follow the prompts to install the update.
after that update finishes, select
check for updates and follow the prompts to update the appropriate eclipse components.
after completing these updates, i tested the avd functionality and it appears to be working properly.
i just copied the avds from a different system as descriped here: android - how to copy the emulator to a friend for testing
i faced the similar issue. i am using 23.0.2 version of android sdk.
"ok" button was disabled, but then i went to the path where android sdk was installed. in my case:
and executed avd-manager.exe by right clicking and selecting run as an administrator, and it worked like a charm.
sometimes the avd cannot be created because of this following error while starting: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
i was also facing this same issue. if u are facing the same, then it can be resolved by opening sdk manager -> under extra -> installed "intel x86 emulator accelerator (haxm installer). then when creating the avd, select the proper cpu. this should work. :-)
update and solution: asyashwanth krishnan said, the bug in question is now fixed in later versions. i tried adt 222.6.1 and adt 22.6.2 , and they did not suffer from the bug of not not being able to create or edit android virtual devices. the direct solution is to update you adt to latest version, the workaround written below is left only for historical purposes.
historical workaround as @yashwanth krishnan said, this is a bug in adt plugin 22.6; so best workaround is to rollback. for those asking how to rollback, here is a step-by-step guide:
first: uninstall adt plugin and all related plugins for android: help->about installation details select android plugins and press uninstall button restart
second: download adt 22.3.0 archive from https://dl.google.com/android/adt-22.3.0.zip
and install it add repository from archive on local disk select android plugins
1 minute solution
i used a quick workaround where i cloned a device that already existed. the
clone button worked and i was able to successfully edit the clone.
select a device by google
click the "clone..." button
a window will pop up, click "clone device"
select the newly cloned device, it should say "... by user"
click the "edit" button on the side
there you have it, you now have your own custom virtual device
to elaborate on the statement "i can create/edit avds if i run the avd manager from outside eclipse" in the op:
run the following on the command line
<android-sdk-location>/tools/android avd (on linux in this case)
this launches the same avd window you see when you click the avd manager icon in the eclipse toolbar. but this instance of the avd manager does not have the bug, and you can create and run emulators as you did before the bug was introduced.
this is a possible workaround for bugs in adt 22.6.0 only, these bugs subsequently fixed in following builds
download and install new adt v22.6.1 from here (zip) or use sdk manager to update
seems like some bug from google side, this problem found after "adt 22.6" update. widely reported on "android open source project - issue tracker" and nobody properly answered it yet.
however i was partially successful to create an avd by opening "avd manager.exe" from "android sdk" for creating new avd try to open directly avd manager.exe in sdk folder.
may be we have to wait for any conformation from android community
worked for me, sort of.. .
(windows 8.1 pro 64 bit, java jdk 1.7 update 25, eclipse standard kepler service release 1, android development toolkit 22.6.0.v201403010043-1049357)
further research revealed that launching avd manager from sdk manager (tools --> manage avds...) also works without any problems.
more bad news is avd creation not working from command line tool too.
assuming some parameter passed during launching avd manager from eclipse causes these problems
updated java to jdk 1.7 update 51 and eclipse standard sdk to kepler service release 2 their latest and no resolution to the problems. also tested under debian and same results obtained.
at https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=66661 android project members conforms the problems and promises to fix by upcoming versions of adt (22.6.1 - 22.6.3). at the mean time i would suggest to roll-back adt to a lower version version 22.3.0
to uninstall current adt go to
help --> about eclipse --> installation details --> android development tools --> uninstall
i may suggest uninstalling whole packages from android (ddms, hierarchy viewer, ndt, traceview, opengl es..etc..) to avoid any possible compatibility issues and install a fresh new adt from above link through archive installation method.
hope this will solve this problem temporarily. and wait for new release of adt here.
new adt, version 22.6.1 is out now which will solve these problems
- Cannot create or edit Android Virtual Devices (AVD) from Eclipse, ADT 22.6
- AVD Manager - Cannot Create Android Virtual Device
- Android Virtual Device Manager: Cannot create AVD
- How to create an android Project from existing source in eclipse with ADT 20.0.X and SDK r20
- Eclipse with ADT - Cannot Create New Android Project
- Eclipse AVD :- I cant create an Android 4.3 virtual emulator
- Android SDK and AVD manager will not run from Eclipse after upgrade to SDK 5 and ADT 0.9.6
- How to load my app from Eclipse to my Android phone instead of AVD
- Eclipse Indigo - Cannot install Android ADT Plugin
- Cannot create a new Android Project using Eclipse
- cannot access memory at address 0X1 after setting up gdb and eclipse to debug shared library from Android Application
- Create Eclipse Project from Android Git
- Import android project in ADT Eclipse from github
- why I cannot use "run Android lint" from menu "Window" in Eclipse in toolbar I can run it, is it OK?
- Cannot create a new android application on eclipse
- Cannot Create Android Virtual Device
- Android Eclipse ADT 8.0.0 (and 8.0.1) problem - can't create views hierarchy with drag and drop in the Outline view
- Cannot create AVD - Eclipse, MAC OSX, Android 4.4.2
- Eclipse cannot create new Android Application Project after updating the Android SDK Tools
- Error when trying to load Android 1.6 virtual device from eclipse
- android avd virtual memory setting in eclipse
- ADT Plug-in for Eclipse, cannot create Android Test Project
- Can't create AVD - "OK" button disabled- Eclipse Android Project
- How to create GeoTagging image / location tagging application for android with google maps using eclipse with ADT
- Cannot create android application using eclipse
- Android eclipse plugin - cannot install and run build on hardware devices
- How to create eclipse android project from command prompt?
- Is there a way to revert eclipse android ADT from r17 to r16 since javadoc and source attachment is broken?
- Minimize button missing on Android SDK and AVD Manager when launched from Eclipse
- Cannot create a new Android Project in Eclipse on Mac
More Query from same tag
- why xml file is no working with executable le jar
- Google Plus Android API: "The method setActions(String) is undefined for the type PlusClient.Builder"
- first attempts at creating Application Project result in java.lang.NullPointerException error
- Add warning for missing @Override annotation for interface implementation in Eclipse
- How to hide (invisible) a button in windowbuilder (JFrame)?
- Legal Info button greyed out in Eclipse installation details
- Can't Run Simulator
- Eclipse SWT Browser crash (Linux 64Bit)
- Eclipse content assist doesn't recognize std::thread, but compiles correctly
- Java Eclipse Google App Engine Tutorial for Google Wallet
- Scala/ Eclipse - Files not compiling
- Android Common XML Editor opened without graphical and source on Eclipse
- How do I draw a circle on Eclipse for Android Development?
- Lombok + JPA Canonical Metamodel generation: is it possible?
- Configure Eclipse to avoid comments wrapping
- Link one item with another line
- System.getenv() - Behavior depends on whether debug mode is enabled
- Why mvn clean install fails when I put apostrophe in .properties file?
- How can I add Normal Java project capabilities to EJB project in Eclipse (.ear)?
- Running web project with tomcat server from eclipse
- Eclipse compiled files are not runnable by java command
- error in import com.android.vending.billing.IInAppBillingService; aidl.exe
- Eclipse Modeling Framework - Do I need UML ecore files for Epsilon?
- Google Map V2 shows blank screen when downloaded from google play store
- Inconsistent behavior with @EqualsAndHashCode between Eclipse JUnit4 and gradle test run
- how to display label on composite in swt?
- JUNIT test report
- compiling C and fortran together in a eclipse project
- Samsung Galaxy Duos (GT-S7562) Camera.takePicture but no callback being called
- Kotlin compile java 12 and kotlin inside Eclipse or command line