Window Builder Pro is a great GUI Designer for eclipse and is now offered for free by google.
I use GWTDesigner http://www.instantiations.com/gwtdesigner/ which is not free but works well. Best of all, their customer support is top notch - very responsive.
well check out the eclipse distro easyeclipse at EasyEclipse. it has Visual editor project already added as a plugin, so no hassles of eclipse version compatibility.Plus the eclipse help section has a tutorial on VE.
It's not free or open source. But you can give Intellij Idea's SWING GUI designer a try.
GWT Designer is very good and allows for rapid development of GWT websites. (http://www.instantiations.com/gwtdesigner/)
Visual Editor is a good choice.
It generates very clean code, with no "layout" files beside of your sourcen using a simple but convenient pattern. It's very easy to patch the generated code and directly see the result. There are some stability problems (some times, the preview window does not refresh anymore...), but nothing that a "clean Project" can't fix...
visualswing4eclipse looks good but the eclipse update URL didn't work for me (I raised ticket 137)
I was only able to install a previous version. Here's a url in case anyone wants it: http://visualswing4eclipse.googlecode.com/svn-history/r858/trunk/org.dyno.visual.swing.site/site.xml
The plugin actually looks very good.
Old question, but have you checked out JFormDesigner?
Another good GUI designer for Eclipse is Window Builder Pro. Like Jigloo, it's not free for commercial use.
It allows you to design user interfaces for Swing, SWT and even the Google Web Toolkit (GWT).
'Jigloo' is a very cool GUI designer. It is not free for commercial use however. It auto-generates code and allows for custom editing of the code it creates.
Look at my plugin for developing swing application. It is as easy as that of netbeans': http://code.google.com/p/visualswing4eclipse/
Here is a quite good but old comparison http://wiki.computerwoche.de/doku.php/programmierung/gui-builder_fuer_eclipse Window Builder Pro is now free at Google Web Toolkit
- Best GUI designer for eclipse?
- What's the best GUI designer for use with Eclipse?
- Is Eclipse the best IDE for Java?
- Best XML editor for Eclipse
- Best Eclipse plugin for Maven 3
- Eclipse and Android XML layouts gives "'default' is not a best match for any device/locale combination"
- Where to find design patterns, best practices for Eclipse plugin development
- What is the best free plugin for Eclipse that allows for formatting/indenting/cleanup of JSP code?
- Best practices for Eclipse Feature Integration Testing
- Eclipse Android layout designer - add new screen sizes for previewing
- What is the single best free Eclipse plugin for authoring and editing XML documents?
- GUI Builder for Eclipse Juno
- Best Practice to distribute a Eclipse setup for a project?
- Best practise for data binding a list in Eclipse RCP application
- Install BPEL Designer for Eclipse
- Best Eclipse version for Java development
- Is there a console GUI widget for Java? Eclipse Console view is an option?
- Best Eclipse Plugins for java development making use of spring/ struts /hibernate?
- best version control system for personal/home use when developing with eclipse and python/django
- Why won't the GWT designer for eclipse work with GXT 3 widgets?
- Best way for sharing of domain objects across Eclipse plugins?
- What's the best way of attaching playframework sources for debugging in Eclipse IDE
- Best strategy / practice for publishing an Eclipse plugin that requires larger-than-default JVM heap?
- Best git structure for importing android dependent project with egit in eclipse
- Best practices for Eclipse 4 DI
- Using a Qt GUI created by Qt Designer in Eclipse
- GUI runner in Eclipse for Python/IronPython
- JSP visual designer plugin for Eclipse
- Which eclipse is the best fit for Android development ?
- What is the best Eclipse distribution for a mix of Java and Web?
More Query from same tag
- how to make my shortcut in eclipse IDE
- Cannot run program on eclipse workplace
- jboss tools installation error in eclipse
- Eclipse Axis2 Webservice Client
- Watch variable in Eclipse + Sequoyah in android
- Can you enable variable highlighting with Eclipse PDT?
- How to fix "selected does not follow Java naming conventions" durning WS creation in Eclipse?
- Eclipse : Ignore warnings for a certain type of file but keep color syntaxing
- Only show errors from compilation in Eclipse CDT
- Is there an eclipse WTP plugin for jQuery development?
- Maven behavior between projects
- Calling a method from superclass not working Java
- SmartGWT ~ DSRequest download file
- Not able to install ADT in Eclipse Helios
- Changed directories in eclipse, project went all red
- Install JRE 1.7 on Mac - when version 1.8 is already installed
- Eclipse and Pydev issue
- Android activity not found exception
- How do I set the Subclipse/Eclipse date format on OS X?
- HTTP Status 404 The requested resource is not available error despite tomcat running and jsp available?
- Trying to execute/debug an existing APK file with Eclipse
- Counting the number of words in a string in eclipse
- Can't get Eclipse to recognize my Ideatab
- Java - Possible to Package some external jars, keep others separate?
- Adding a button to a RCP application
- Trouble Installing SimpleCV
- onClick Causing Crash
- How to get rid of collapsable icons in Eclipse?
- birt report column autosize when exporting to excel
- How to run java class as a JUnit test through command line