You either haven't selected a CPU/ABI target in the dropdown below the target, or you haven't installed a system image. Open your SDK manager and ensure that you've installed
ARM EABI v7a System Image under the Android 4.2 section.
If you are having AVD creation problems, just try to put it inside a new folder (eclipse, android sdk, avd) and then you just run it and it should work. Just open Eclipse in that folder and run as usual
Launching the AVD Manager from Visual Studio 2015 resolved this issue for me.
I had (a lot of packages) all the required packages installed but hadn't used them for some time & had issues detecting them in the SDK manager. I attempted all the solutions provided above to no avail, including running the AVD after running the monitor.bat file in 'android/sdk/tools'.
I then launched the AVD from VS in 'Tools->Android->Android Emulator Manager' and it detected both 'Google APIs Intel Atom x86' & the ARM EABI v7a system Images right off the bat!
Target is set to API Level 23.
I opened monitor.bat in android-sdks\tools and started the device manager there and I was able to create the AVD.
I actually hit on this problem a week ago. The issue had to do with not using an updated Eclipse version of the Android SDK plugin with the latest version of the SDK. It was a fun problem overall, but it disappeared as soon as I updated it.
I had even updated the AVD images and no luck. Apparently the old plugin cannot see the new image layout or something. This is for version 22.3 of the SDK.
On Kubuntu 12.04, Eclipse Kepler, ADT installed, I experienced the same symptoms. The ARM EABI v7a System Image was already installed. The way out was to run the tool from the command line, then it did not complain. I guess a restart of eclipse could have done the trick but I am not sure any more if I tried dit or not.
I had the same problem but now I got it: Check which API you are selecting and for that API version is CPU/ABI available or not. If it's available then your work is done. Select the device according to the windows supporting it.
You need to open up your SDK Manager and make sure everything is installed, especially System Image. After that will be alright!
If you have changed the SDK Path somehow it will not be able to find the SDKs you installed even though it is listing them fine.
I solved by openig Android SDK Manager and in that dialog choosing the menu Tools -> Manage AVDs. And when you open Manage AVDs directly from the toolbar of Eclipse you should Refresh to see the AVD you created.
Had the exact same trouble... loading the ARM EABI v7a System Image worked for me too. Thanks very much.
I had previously seen on the Android SDK manager that a system image with the same name (ARM EABI v7a System Image) WAS installed on my system for a more recent SDK (Android 4.2). Consequently I thought it would negate the need to install the earlier Android 2.2 SDK ARM image, but apparently not.
Another thing that tripped me up: the "Name" field must be a single word and must not have spaces!
Try to create an AVD with the
monitor.bat in the
tools-folder, that worked out for me!
you need to avoid spaces in the AVD name. & Select the "Skin" option.
I had the same problem, although all required packages were installed. I closed down Eclipse, ran monitor.bat in the \android-sdks\tools\ folder, opened the AVD Manager from there, and I was able the create virtual devices here.
First, make sure you don't have spaces (or other illegal characters like '+','=','/',etc) in the "AVD Name" field. Spaces broke it for me.
I had trouble creating an AVD.
- re-start eclipse after installing SDK versions from the SDK manager, or
- you should run the "AVD Manager.exe" outside of Eclipse
- AVD Manager - Cannot Create Android Virtual Device
- Android Virtual Device Manager: Cannot create AVD
- Cannot Create Android Virtual Device
- Unable to create new android virtual device manager (AVD)
- Cannot create or edit Android Virtual Devices (AVD) from Eclipse, ADT 22.6
- AVD manager won't detect my HTC Hero phone as Virtual Device
- I can not create an emulator in Android AVD Manager
- Eclipse Android Virtual Device Manager doesn't launch
- Cannot create AVD - Eclipse, MAC OSX, Android 4.4.2
- Cannot create new Device in AVD
- Unable to create Android Virtual Device in eclipse, (Ok button is clicked but no action performed)
- How to create New Android Virtual Device (AVD) on Mac?
- Create device not working - eclipse AVD manager
- why i cannot create android virtual device?
- Android Virtual Device Manager - Certain Targets not Available
- Android SDK manager not working, unable to create AVD
- Eclipse AVD :- I cant create an Android 4.3 virtual emulator
- Android Virtual Device Manager interface shows part of its interface
- Cannot Open/view sqlite database file in Eclipse with external Virtual Device Manager
- Problems running Android virtual machine from avd manager
- Unable to create android virtual device in eclipse?
- Android Emulator: select AVD (Android Virtual Device) to run by default
- eclipse not showing Avd manager window and android project
- Android 4.3 Virtual Device CPU/ABI - No system images installed (eclipse)
- Eclipse Android SDK cannot see new Samsung Galaxy S4 device via a USB connection
- Cannot create 2.3.3 Intel Atom AVD (userdata.img not found)
- Cannot create a new Android Project using Eclipse
- Android SDK and AVD Manager Error: File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\temp\
- Cannot create an emulator with Android L (API 20)
- An Android Virtual Device that failed to load
More Query from same tag
- Why does the error "source not found" occur in my case?
- Tomcat doesn't start on eclipse
- Is there an Eclipse shortcut behaves just like double click using mouse?
- Reconnect to debug process on Android using Eclipse with ADT
- ERROR - ANDROID SDK path is not set
- How to undo Mark goal run as ignored in Eclipse build in Eclipse preferences?
- How do you Specify a target directory for a txt file to be passed in
- I can't install PhoneGap plugin for Eclipse
- java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.opencv.core.Mat.n_Mat(III)J?
- Can a multi-module m2eclipse/WTP project get utility modules deployed into WEB-INF/classes?
- binding ZK with EMF (java)
- Loading game onto Android with LibGDX throws NoClassDefFoundError: menu.StateManager
- IBM Data Studio on Red Hat Open Client 6
- Import STM32CubeMX code generated into Eclipse
- Eclipse 4 and RCP
- Migrating from Eclipse to IntelliJ - Moving a project linked with EGit
- Unable to push to github with EGIT
- UCanAccess relative path to Access database file
- Play Framework with Neo4j-Anormcypher
- Eclipse : Can we make modifications on to the source code while debugging the Application inside Eclipse
- IBM Worklight 6.0 - "Error: Unable to read repository at http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl..."
- Java Eclipse Egit - classpath
- importing TFS project into Eclipse
- How to work with database from eclipse
- Problems with cplex implementation in java (eclipse), objetive value= 0 ; LP Presolve eliminated 96 rows and 0 columns
- Android development with Eclipse clean and build
- Eclipse (STS) started getting CreateProcess error=1450, Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
- Selected text color in the JFace tree
- Uiautomatorviewer SWT exception
- Exception in thread "main java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range