team->share project is exactly what you need to do. select svn from the list, then click "next". subclipse will notice the presence of .svn directories that will ask you to confirm that the information is correct, and associate the project with subclipse.
in case of svn servers you have to creating a central repository with all projects. the contents of the repository can be uploaded with the team/share command; in case of the subversive client it automatically runs a commit after the import, so you can upload your files.
this step cannot be circumvented in any way using a centralized version management system such as svn.
try this- close the project then open it. it links with svn automatically,if project was checked out from valid svn path.
i'm asked this question very frequently, if it's smart to use "share project..." if a eclipse project has been disconnected from it svn counterpart in the repository. so, i append my answer to this thread.
the svn-team option "share project ..." is totally fine for projects that exist in svn and in your eclipse workspace, even if the eclipse project is missing the hidden .svn configuration. you can still connect them. eclipse svn-implementation (subclipse/subversive) will verify if the provided svn http(s) source is populated. if yes, all existing files will be copied and linked (checked out in svn terms) to your very personal eclipse workspace.
word of caution:
- do a backup if you depend on you local files. the svn implementation may vary its behaviour with every release.
- if you have multiple projects encapsulated within each other, make sure you point the svn path to the correct local path.
i came across the same issue. i checked out using tortoise client and then tried to import the projects in eclipse using import wizard. eclipse did not recognize the svn location. i tried share option as mentioned in the above posts and it tried to commit these projects into svn. but my issue was a version mismatch. i selected svn 1.8 version in eclipse (i was using 1.7 in eclipse and 1.8.8 in tortoise) and then re imported the projects. it resolved with no issues.
i am using tortoise svn client. you can alternativley check out the required project from svn in some folder. you can see a .svn folder inside the project. copy the .svn folder into the workspace folder. now remove the project from eclipse and import the same again into eclipse. you can see now the project is now associated with svn
i just wanted to add that if you don't see team -> share project, it's likely you have to remove the project from the workspace before importing it back in. this is what happened to me, and i had to remove and readd it to the workspace for it to fix itself. (this happened when moving from dramatically different eclipse versions + plugins using the same workspace.)
- Associating existing Eclipse project with existing SVN repository
- Android - copy existing project with a new name in Eclipse
- Reconnect Eclipse Project to SVN with Subclipse
- Import an existing SVN project into Eclipse
- How to Open an Existing SVN Project in Eclipse
- Setup a GWT Project correctly with SVN and Eclipse
- Remove SVN from an existing Java project in Eclipse
- How do I configure Eclipse to use an existing git repository with existing source code?
- How to use an existing Project as a template for a new one with Eclipse (CDT)?
- Can not share new project with Subversive SVN in Eclipse Neon
- Connect existing Eclipse project to existing Git repository
- Start using Eclipse GIT with an existing project ... project files get moved
- Can't create a subversion repository with Eclipse 3.4.0, svn 1.5.1
- make file project with existing code is missing optimization option in eclipse cdt
- Eclipse sync with svn repo is not available for Maven import project
- Slow SVN synchronization in Eclipse with a multi-module Maven project
- Problems with SVN with a project in Eclipse
- Creating Spring Initializr Project for existing Git repository in Eclipse
- Creating an SVN repository from an eclipse java project
- How to create an android Project from existing source in eclipse with ADT 20.0.X and SDK r20
- How to get Eclipse and IntelliJ working together in an existing project of IntelliJ (optional with changes in source directly transferred)
- Managing Maven project in Eclipse with git repository
- Eclipse CDT - new Makefile project with existing code - change global default build target
- No build.gradle is created when importing an existing Java project with Gradle in Eclipse
- Re-connect Eclipse project to new SVN repository
- Eclipse project management with SVN
- SVN project in Eclipse with brown parts
- Building C language STM32 project with existing Makefile under Eclipse
- Start a new Java project inside an existing Git repository in Eclipse
- Egit: how to synchronize eclipse project ( local repository) with the remote repository
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse Birt - Set style cell table dynamically with Event Handler
- Eclipse galieo does not show classes directory inside build
- Eclipse with Red Hat Codeready (Fuse Integration) developing for Wildfly Application Server
- Issue with downloading and installing Google App Engine plugin for Eclipse
- UnsatisfiedLinkError Starting JVM Via Eclipse
- Set a Title for a jPanel on eclipse
- How to avoid non-default constructors in fragments?
- Passing information to new activity
- How to fix Eclipse IDE Run Configuration (Problem occurred dialog)
- Unable to run java program with a classpath in a file and usage of @ on the cli
- How to disable MyEclipse visual HTML designer
- Eclipse switching branch from branch to trunk
- Which Generator should I choose in CMake to program with Eclipse at Windows, Amazon FreeRTOS & ESP32
- Why I can't use New->Source Folder in a new created maven webapp project in Eclipse?
- Same IDE for both C and Java projects?
- Eclipse keyboard shortcuts for compare/diff view?
- Importing a web application onto Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers, Version: Mars Release (4.5.0)
- Java + Eclipse: Best way to store constants and tune them at runtime
- Eclipse package explorer empty
- Rapid Java UI tools for backend server testing
- Intents and passing data between fragments
- How can SWT layout resize (grow/shrink) based on content
- hadoop eclipse plugin latest version
- Singleton object destroy in jar but work in eclipse
- Eclipse finds Java from CMD prompt but not from desktop click
- Why does this code showing error invalid unicode?
- Eclipse 100%+ CPU usage with specific workspace
- Fixing multiple buildpath errors in eclipse
- Problem with some LWJGL classes on import (Eclipse)
- Receiving a NoClassDefFoundError (Eclipse generated jar) using Apache procrun but runs fine on command line