try looking into gatekeeper. i am not sure of too much mac stuff, but i heard that you can enable it in there.
open terminal, go to the eclipse folder, run ./eclipse
open terminal, go to extracted folder of eclipse and run the following command:
right click > open.
or, you can go into system preferences, security & privacy, and set the restrictions on opening apps there.
i had got the same error. because of security reasons, i could not see option for allowing apps downloaded from anywhere in system preference-> security tab.
i removed the extended attribute from zip file by below command.
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine [zip file path]
and then got below error:- org.eclipse.e4.core.di.injectionexception: java.lang.noclassdeffounderror: javax/annotation/postconstruct
resolved it by uninstalling all different versions of java and installed just 1.8.0_231.
in your terminal, simply run
sudo spctl --master-disable
in order to allow apps be downloaded from any developer
control click the application in the applications folder, not lauchpad. choose open and then you get an options to actually open it.
i had the same problem, eclipse would not start. found this link and it worked like a charm:
java is messed-up on maverick, need to download and install from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?viewlocale=en_us&locale=en_us
it is prohibiting the opening of eclipse app because it was not registered with apple by an identified developer. this is a security feature, however, you can override the security setting and open the app by doing the following:
- locate the eclipse.app (eclipse/eclipse.app) in finder. (make sure you use finder so that you can perform the subsequent steps.)
- press the control key and then click the eclipse.app icon.
- choose open from the shortcut menu.
- click the open button when the alert window appears.
the last step will add an exception for eclipse to your security settings and now you will be able to open it without any warnings.
note, these steps work for other *.app apps that may encounter the same issue.
you can modify the gatekeeper settings by running the following command
to disable to allow apps from anywhere to be installed use the following command in terminal ::
sudo spctl --master-disable
to re-enable use the following command
sudo spctl --master-enable
you can also use the
xattr command as in stack overflow question how do i remove the "extended attributes" on a file in mac os x?.
just remove the
com.apple.quarantine attribute. it works even if you don't have an administrator account, which can be a plus. after that, the app isn't considered "downloaded" and is therefore not blocked.
in terminal type the command:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine [file path here]
once you click enter it will no longer have that problem. its annoying that apple adds a quarantine to files automatically. i do not know how to turn this off but there probably is a way...
right-click (or control-click) the application in question and choose "open"
an easier way to open a document from an unidentified developer, if you know it's safe, is to control-click on the file icon and then select "open." you will then be given the option of opening it regardless of its unidentified source.
it's because of the security options.
system preferences... > security & privacy and there should be a button saying
open anyway, under the
you can avoid doing this by changing the options under
allow apps downloaded from:, however i would recommend keeping it at the default
mac app store and identified developers.
- App can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer
- “libprism_sw.dylib” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. on mac JAVAFX
- How to load my app from Eclipse to my Android phone instead of AVD
- How to prevent Eclipse from showing the opened file in package explorer
- Why am I getting the following error when running Google App from eclipse?
- How to remove native support from an Android Project in eclipse because eclipse is showing errors in jni?
- How to debug signed Android app from Eclipse?
- Create and bind a GUI from xsd file automatically in eclipse rcp app
- Why I have "Setting airplane_mode_on has moved from android.provider.Settings.System [...]" into the logcat when my app has nothing to do with that?
- OSX 10.10 and Eclipse Luna. Own App crashes when started from inside Eclipse
- Stop Eclipse from opening Logcat when running an Android app
- Cannot fetch or pull from Github with Eclipse (EGit) because wrong password is stored
- How to run simple Spark app from Eclipse/Intellij IDE?
- Deploying app from Eclipse to GlassFish
- Can't remove jar from Web App Library
- Spring NamespaceHandler issue when launching Maven-based GWT App from Eclipse IDE after migration to Spring 3
- Can my Android app detect if it was launched from Eclipse?
- Exception trying to execute Android App from Eclipse To Android Studio
- Eclipse cant be opened on mac m1
- Cant update Android SDK tools from 20 to 21
- My app doesn't appear in the AVD, after running from eclipse
- How to debug remote Glassfish web app from Eclipse?
- How to exclude unit tests from the WAR in with Google App Engine plugin?
- Error while porting app from Eclipse to Android Studio
- *.bat Files opened from Eclipse is opened in the wrong directory
- I deleted the ExampleDS from Wildfly.Now I can't deploy my app, because I got errors like this.Any tips?
- JSF Maven Tomcat App suddenly stopped working from eclipse
- NoClassDefFoundError exception when deploying dynamic web app from eclipse
- How to deploy Play! app to GAE from Eclipse?
- How to Build Camera app Separately from AOSP?
More Query from same tag
- NoClassDefFoundError on Android project
- How do I open a file from Java? (it is a .bat file to be specific)
- Eclipse: Local Debug (not remote) "Cannot connect to VM"
- No projects found to import
- Eclipse+Pydev (1) Ctrl+F3 jumps to site-packages; (2) "setup.py install" affects imports
- Doing networkprocesses on the Main UI
- Run class in Scala IDE
- ClassNotFoundException with class declared in manifest
- Eclipse Luna git checkout ssl fails
- Creating several Android radio straming Apps with Eclipse but can install only 1
- Eclipse Maven Project could not resolve dependencies
- Ubuntu Eclipse Compiler 1.8 does not appear
- How to change default text file encoding in Eclipse?
- Eclipse remote debug to a glassfish server running on a VM on the same host
- Strange behavior in the creation of new Spring MVC project using STS template project, the URL is not correct and I have to rebuild the project
- accessing view item from a viewList outside the listAdapter in android
- ClassNotFoundException: Running JUnit Tests in Eclipse
- From plug-in to Eclipse application (or product)
- Appending column at the end of a csv file java
- Adb connection error eclipse on os x
- Java: SSL Connection to MySQL
- JFreeChart incorrect tooltips position
- Git Branching in Eclipse
- what is dollar sign mean in the stack frames when debugging?
- Java "Duplicate local variable" - is the error thrown in Java or Eclipse?
- Eclipse and Web Project import, run on Server missing!
- Why am I getting ClassNotFoundException when running/debugging with TomCat through eclipse
- Embedded Jetty. JSP not configured
- Maven build is successful but missing a dependency. JDWP exit error
- UnknownHostException: start.spring.io