Try Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Editor -> Typing and uncheck the "Strings" checkbox in the "Automatically close" group.
The location for similar auto quoting capabilities in PyDev for eclipse: Windows -> PyDev -> Editor -> Typing -> "Automatic literal closing."
In order to enable pressing enter to exit the quotes check "Enable link on automatic parentheses or literals closing."
Jump out of the quotes by simply hitting Enter when you are done typing the string contents (at least, in the java editor).
To turn off auto quotes in Titanium Studio, under preferences -> Titanium Studio -> Editors -> uncheck "Auto-close matching character pairs"
You could also hit quote when you want to exit the auto-complete quote. This will put you outside the quote as if you closed it yourself. So this feature doesn't really break the flow of you programing.
You need to turn this feature off for all editors: Go to Preferences and in the "type filer text" box type "typing". Then click on each result and un-check all unwanted automatically close options.
- Annoying eclipse automatically closing quotes
- My Eclipse is automatically closing when ever i start
- Automatically save files in eclipse when closing tab
- Eclipse jump to closing brace
- Why does Eclipse automatically add appcompat v7 library support whenever I create a new project?
- Build project into a JAR automatically in Eclipse
- How do you stop Console from popping up automatically in Eclipse
- Eclipse save automatically
- How to make eclipse automatically add braces to an IF statement?
- Automatically create builder for class in Eclipse
- Adding author name in Eclipse automatically to existing files
- How Do I Automatically Generate A .jar File In An Eclipse Java Project
- Can eclipse be configured to automatically fix missing Imports?
- Prevent Eclipse from automatically folding the import statements
- Closing unused modules in intellij idea like in eclipse
- Automatically clearing LogCat on each Eclipse Debug/Run?
- A doxygen eclipse plugIn automatically generating stub documentation?
- Automatically opening completion window in Eclipse
- Automatically expand all in Eclipse Search results
- Automatically generate .factorypath on project import when using Maven project in Eclipse IDE
- Is there a way to force Eclipse to automatically restart remote debugging (in listen mode)?
- Wrong package name when using automatically added imports in Eclipse
- Eclipse surround with quotes and other blocks
- Force Eclipse to automatically import a class with multiple options
- Is there a way to have Eclipse automatically make all my variables final?
- "appcompat_v7" project is created automatically after creating a new project in Eclipse
- Want an eclipse java project to run ant build files automatically
- Eclipse CDT (for C++/C development) how to invoke content assist automatically while typing
- Eclipse buildpath automatically taking all JARs of a internal directory
- Eclipse plugin to automatically compile Sass files
More Query from same tag
- CQ5 debug bundles using eclipse won't halt
- need to sync eclipse in more than one computers
- Java not able to load library in Eclipse project
- Can IPython console be interactive in Eclipse/Pydev?
- eclipse error while click on any project
- How do you import a maven EJB project in eclipse? (without m2e)
- Create a jar file including an external library (OpenCV) in eclipse
- import existing project into eclipse using plugin or javacode
- Total unit test execution time is gone
- Is there any way to compile GnuTLS in eclipse?
- How do I target 1280x720 WXGA720 resolution (like new Galaxy Nexus) in Android Layout folders?
- module not found OpenJDK 12 Maven Eclipse
- Missing separator in C/C++ eclipse gcc error
- (IBM Worklight) Shared Templates Vs (Import) Existing Project into Workspace
- Can an Eclipse RCP plugin and feature coexist in the same project?
- Integrate Glassfish server with eclipse kepler
- android ndk debugging without cygwin
- No Space Left on Device android emulator; even after wiping data
- maven could not resolve project dependencies?
- Eclipse Glassfish 4.0 Unable to start server on time
- PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named
- Indexed full text search in Eclipse?
- Obvious false condition in else if, not giving dead code for body inside
- Javadoc tooltip hides when I click on it
- Installed Nodeclipse on Eclipse Kepler, cannot turn off Java spell check
- Increasing luminous of a Color in android
- Eclipse and running Android application
- What path does "getApplicationContext().getFilesDir()" return?
- Create JavaFX self-contained application (with custom JDK) in Eclipse
- Eclipse Juno CDT running in Linux - it does not give me any toolchain