simple answer: the mentioned config changes are not support in android 2.1, have a look here:
e.g. uimode needs api level 8.
from the official admob documentation:
the google admob ads sdk for android requires android 1.5 or later. make sure you have the latest copy of the android sdk and that you're compiling against at least android v3.2 (set target in default.properties to android-13).
have a look here: https://developers.google.com/admob/android/quick-start
so i think your tools version is not updated to at least version 13.
all new android apps created after october 14, 2011 will require an admob sdk that was released on or after march 15, 2011. this corresponds to version 4.0.2+ for android. if you downloaded the library from our official download site, then you're already set. otherwise you may have an old version of the admob sdk that was released prior to march 15, 2011, and your new app will not receive any ad impressions until you update your sdk.
did you use
or shorter one? if you change your target above 13 and use longer configchanges one (which i wrote), it should work.
easy solution: change "project.properties" file to 21
# project target.
i had the same problem so i came here.
i have downloaded the sample code from https://developers.google.com/admob/android/quick-start, i still had the problem with all answers above so i used the same admob sdk, they offer in the sample project. redo the build jars thing, changed target to
android-15, and used the same line they use:
and it works!
for those using eclipse there is an easier way: right click your project folder in the left "package explorer" pane and click properties -> android -> and in the "project build target" list check off api 13 or up.
note: this is the same effect as editing
project.properties which is auto-generated anyway.
this will build your project against the android 3.2 sdk which includes the terms that were previously unrecognized.
you may leave your
targetsdkversion values the same in your manifest.xml.
be warned though, if you don't set your
targetsdkversion to api 12 or lower (or don't set it at all) the android system will assume that the
smallestscreensize (which were introduced in api 13) are accounted for and thus will be allowed to destroy-restart your activity. if you wanted to avoid this you must include those terms in your other
<activity> tags (which probably only had
keyboard|keyboardhidden|orientation until now).
however, if your application targets api level 12 or lower, then your activity always handles this configuration change itself (this configuration change does not restart your activity, even when running on an android 3.2 or higher device).
quote is from here.
easy solution: (and no you don't need to to change the min-sdk value !!)
step 1: change "project.properties" file
# project target.
step 2: in eclipse
project > clean... > (select your project) > clean projects selected below > ok
for a complete explanation with real example use this tutorial http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/community/posts.php?topic=1121
- Admob Error in Eclipse for android:configChanges
- "Unresolved inclusion" error with Eclipse CDT for C standard library headers
- How to fix Eclipse validation error "No grammar constraints detected for the document"?
- "string could not resolved" error in Eclipse for C++ (Eclipse can't resolve standard library)
- Error launching Eclipse 4.4 "Version 1.6.0_65 of the JVM is not suitable for this product."
- "No source available for main()" error when debugging simple C++ in Eclipse with gdb
- Using Proguard for Android in Eclipse got Error
- Error while installing Maven Integration for Eclipse
- Eclipse error setting up Maven project for class exercise: Check $M2_HOME environment variable and mvn script match
- "Plugin not found for prefix" error in Eclipse
- "Cannot switch on a value of type String for source level below .." error in Eclipse
- Maven for Eclipse (M2E) Installation error
- "method is ambiguous for the type" but the types are NOT ambiguous (and the error comes by upgrade from eclipse 3.7.2 to eclipse 4.2)
- "someVariable cannot be resolved" error indicated in Eclipse for an included JSP
- How to turn off error reporting by Eclipse for .md files
- Ant Build Error in Eclipse IDE for Java
- When downloading Mojarra libraries for JSF it is showing error "zip file is empty" in Eclipse
- Error while installing check style plugin for eclipse
- Unable to compile class for JSP error when I'm running my code in eclipse gwt project
- Error installing Drools plugin for Eclipse
- error in installing mercurial plugin for eclipse
- GPE for Eclipse Indigo Installation Error
- scala code causes error in eclipse for playframework-2.0
- Weird error from the Eclipse GWT plugin when having a separate source folder for resources
- Eclipse returns error for the code for which g++ doesn't
- TFS Eclipse throws an error "The character 0x007c ('|') is not permitted in server paths" after updating visual studio for mac to support iPad OS 13
- Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency. Eclipse error for ADT
- Error Installing DevStyle plugin for Eclipse
- "an error occurred while collecting items to be installed" on eclipse "check for updates"
More Query from same tag
- How to format a Java file in Vim like Eclipse
- Eclipse NetSuite SuiteScript Plugin Cannot Create New Project
- Folders within working sets?
- Release 6 is not found in the system - Creating a Project
- How to import projects properly using Git from cloud
- How to start, debug and build Java Web Project in Eclipse with Maven and Tomcat
- How to convert JavaFx project to Gradle project?
- Exporting signed apk for different architectures
- Press a Button just one time
- How do i configure the right click menu in the 'project explorer' view?
- Eclipse Android Layout: Without dp-values?
- Unable to link Swagger-ui to my swagger Spring mvc project
- Cygwin1.dll 'not found' when running a program written in C. How can I make Windows find it?
- Cannot search for artifact in Eclipse Kepler using m2e plugin - "Gives Artifact id empty"
- Getting different errors for different platforms using Renderscript Support Library
- Map some keystroke combination to the arrows
- Subclipse SVN Content Filtering While a Commit is done
- Is there a way to load plugin.xml as an object?
- Adding folders in maven project
- Validator id is not registered
- What is a good StringTemplate plugin for Eclipse, so i can do cod gen?
- imports are not working for the particular program
- Eclipse Error in Tomcat7 Server
- Eclipse: Java : Source compatibility vs Compiler Compliance level
- Cannot open IBM Cloud Tools Package for macOS because file is "damaged"?
- Selenium still shows 2.16 but pom.xml has 2.19
- Unable to create an XML File using Eclipse Juno
- Eclipse: Selection Lost when switching Perspective makes Toolbar entry disappear
- (g)Vim with version control like Eclipse
- How to Create Flowchart from java source code in Eclipse