I do not have numbers or trials but I can say that I have seen
d3 go slow after certain data sizes especially for certain types of graphs. 500.000 seems to be quite huge in terms of data points so if you have no way to reduce that number by aggregation (such as representing 10 day data as 1 day) you might be right about worrying.
As in all performance related questions, the best way to know is to test it, so I can advice you to test it and see if it fits your requirements. If it does not you might want to try some of the non-free libraries such as
HighCharts. Another free library which satisfies me with its performance is
Chart.js (although it only has 6 charts supported).
I don't think that using d3 for representing a massive amounts of data is the right choice due to performance:
- Complex visualization logic can easily hang the browser for multiple seconds.
- Large data manipulation using DOM could be slow.
- D3 Performance with large data ( & feedback needed)
- Performance of D3 treemap with large amounts of data
- Reduce the size of a large data set by sampling/interpolation to improve chart performance
- Using large JSON files with d3.js causes massive performance hits/crashes
- Geo heat map(google) with large data
- Formatting Large Dollar Values with Single Data Point in D3
- Managing large hierarchical data (collapsible tree) with auto-zooming to the expanded node
- Forced layout bubble chart with large data set problem
- Large or unknown number of data arrays with Multiple XY Line Chart in c3.js
- Appending multiple non-nested elements for each data member with D3.js
- D3 - how to deal with JSON data structures?
- How to handle layers with missing data points in d3.layout.stack()
- D3: update data with multiple elements in a group
- Combining Parent and Nested Data with d3.js
- nvd3.js : unable to bind onClick event with the data points in the svg
- Using D3 transition method with data for scatter plot
- How to update d3.js bar chart with new data
- Compare/Diff new data with previous data on d3.js update
- How to show c3.js No data but with legend for empty column?
- D3 Scatterplot with thousands of data points
- D3: use nest function to turn flat data with parent key into a hierarchy
- NVD3 line chart with realtime data
- How do I load JSON data synchronously with d3.js?
- How to pull data from mysql database and visualize with D3.JS?
- How to put text data with d3.js
- d3JS: Plot lower-density data version of a large data set when zoomed out on line/area chart
- Read csv data with D3.csv, each column in separate array
- How do I write recursive d3.js code to deal with nested data structures?
- D3.js scattergraph with large (>500,000) points? Clustering?
More Query from same tag
- d3.js time parsing with milliseconds not working?
- D3 timeScale path get proper click location
- NVD3 output date format in tooltip as %d/%m/%y and x-axis date as %d/%m
- Stop the lines overlapping the text attribute in d3 - forced graph?
- d3js - line chart `circle` placement to the lines are not properly sets
- D3.js: Import file changing with a slider
- d3.js spreading labels for pie charts
- Cannot find module 'd3-selection', 'd3-shape', 'd3-scale'
- How to overlap multi-year dataset with NVD3
- I am using d3 to visualize some nodes and links. I want to be able to fadeout other circles (nodes) when I hover over one circle
- D3.js line chart with dates on x axes
- using web-worker in react
- Changing loaded data with D3
- What is the d3 structure needed to make a reusable svg entity
- How to make data() key function to work with TypeScript?
- Mapping a string to a specific color everytime?
- Svg getComputedTextLength function always returning zero
- D3.js - Is it possible to animate between a force-directed graph and a node-link tree?
- How to add data labels to dimple.js bar charts?
- Why is my choropleth coming out all the same colour?
- For some reason, my D3 Map is displaying upside down - how can I flip it?
- d3.bisector using Date() Object does not resolve
- d3 "hidden" attribute bug or bug in my code?
- Filtering data for grouped bar chart
- Different parent with the same name D3.JS
- how to apply color to my axes in d3?
- Creating a donut chart with dynamic data c3.js
- D3JS V6: Multi Line Group