To get realtime data in a d3 chart, you will need to either implement a polling script on the JSON URL or utilize websockets for real-time communication.
A polling script would query the JSON URL every X seconds, and execute the d3 add / update / delete pattern as appropriate.
With websockets, you can maintain a persistant connection to the API and the server sends messages to connected clients when the data is updated. This again would call the d3 add / update / delete pattern.
SO example with web sockets:
- Real time data graphing on a line chart with the help of rickshaw and d3.js
- Time in x-axis and data for the y-axis for line chart in d3.js doesn't match/show with what (data) is on JSON
- D3 line chart and adding data points real time
- Mix bar and line charts with Rickshaw (d3 based graphing library for js)
- Date and time transition from data with line
- Specifying Ticks on D3 Bar chart with Time Series data and scaleBand
- D3.js: plot dots on the existing line in a multiseries line chart with long formatted data
- d3js gantt chart with date/time scale at the top and current day blue line
- How do you get JSON data and create a line chart with d3.js?
- D3.JS how to load 3 csv files and change data on line chart with button click event?
- line graph renders wrongly and problem with the X axis (time), cannot brush the graph - time series dc.js
- How to put data on line chart when x axis and data has a time range
- how to make real time multi line chart using d3 where data is from api in json format
- Adding Data Label and Marker to the Line chart using d3
- d3 real time line chart with labels
- Trying to create a line chart with a linear x-axis, like the time axis, but with numerical data, in DimpleJS
- D3 - Can't create line chart with time data
- How to draw a Bar Chart with time on xAxis and one or more numeric data for yAxis in d3js?
- Real time line graph with nvd3.js
- D3.JS time-series line chart with real-time data, panning and zooming
- NVD3 line chart with realtime data
- nvd3.js-Line Chart with View Finder: rotate axis labels and show line values when mouse over
- Line chart using ordinal x-axis with d3.js and nvd3.js
- How to plot animated line chart using d3 while the data table is required to be updated every 1 second?
- d3 v4 drag line chart with x and y axes
- D3.js: Zooming the x-axis and data with mouse wheel scroll
More Query from same tag
- D3 nested objects should be different colors
- Show content from data in tooltip d3
- How to remove parent DOM node after d3 selection().exit()
- Have D3 force directed graph form a specific shape?
- d3js example not working with php's json_encode
- How to decide dimensions and groups in dc.js?
- Showing a bar chart with expected value and current value for a series
- d3 change button style when setinterval animation finishes
- Add iFrame to each node on a D3 collapsible tree plugin
- foreignObject bug with Chrome with d3?
- Applying gravity to a bounded d3.js force layout
- How to create a grouped histogram plot in D3.js?
- How to re-render an SVG in d3?
- dynamic js with phantomjs in local html file
- Wrapping D3 functions inside objects doesn't work. Why?
- How to Access Angular Controller Scope from Within Embedded D3 Script
- How to customize color in pie chart of NVD3
- Loop through paths D3 with .each
- Error: unexpected response Forbidden Issue with cubejs
- Hierarchy Level labels for d3.partition icicle chart
- Creating multi graph using multiple JSON array datasets
- Putting data into a table using d3.js after a .nest() call
- Nivo bar chart axis labels overlapping
- .csv binding to d3.js trouble
- d3 chart is showing some decimal value in the X axis tick, instead of showing the date and time
- d3 sort only applies to select rows
- d3.js simple area chart example ... getting "undefined" error; I think I need a return statement?
- D3 Calendar View using Associative Array