For now, you need to fix your data by hand, say by editing the TopoJSON directly, or by converting the Shapefile to GeoJSON and then doing a similar edit, or by using a Shapefile editor.
In the future, the
topojson command-line tool should be able to fix this for you by stitching together polygons that cross the antimeridian (±180° longitude), removing antimeridian cuts that are often present in currently-available geometry.
It’s already the case that
topojson removes antimeridian cuts. However, currently it can only remove antimeridian cuts within a single ring, and here the Russia polygon has been split into two (or more) rings where it crosses the antimeridian;
topojson is not yet smart enough to stitch multiples rings cut at the antimeridian back into a single ring. (You might be able to use topojson.mesh to do this, however.)
As for why the antimeridian cuts are there in the first place: many geo tools don’t fully support spherical coordinates, so it’s common to find data that cuts polygons along the antimeridian to prevent visual artifacts from appearing when projecting. (You can read about antimeridian cuts in my For Example talk.) D3 and
topojson use true spherical coordinates with great-arc interpolation between points, so that you can represent polygons that surround poles or cross the antimeridian without cuts. However, because most existing data is precut at the antimeridian,
topojson must remove the cuts to restore the true spherical geometry.
- How can I remove a line from the 110m TopoJson world map?
- How can I color one Y-axis line different from the other grid-lines?
- In d3, how to get the interpolated line data from a SVG line?
- How to limit a d3 line-chart from showing the line outside of the range of the axis?
- How can I set the each line color or width in SVG path
- D3.js - How can I add a new line to the text in this Collapsible Tree?
- How to get a value from a stylesheet into the code so that it can be used programmatically?
- How can I display tooltips from multiple maps when mousover on one of the maps in D3js
- How can I remove spurious line on zoomable sunburst?
- d3.js - force - how can I configure the force to place each nodes to grow farther away from the origin nodes?
- How can I put the Germany map on a svg in HTML? D3js
- Using d3 in meteor on windows 8.1, how can I display a world map, zoomed in on the US, with country borders and US state borders?
- How can I draw a continuous line using d3 without needing to click&drag the mouse, but rather just use the mouseover event?
- How can we load color from a sequential scale into a map in D3 v5?
- How to change the X-axis line from top to bottom in d3.js
- How can I get the dom svg element from d3 node data?
- How do I draw line from the outer most arc of the circle
- How can I put a country name on the world map?
- How Can I display dates on the x-axis using nvd3 line charts
- How can I control the date format for d3 scaleTime and remove unwanted clock time ticks?
- How can I get the d3.js bar chart start from 0 instead of from the top
- How can I hide lines from the axes of my bar chart?
- How can I get the equivalent to a "this" keyword from d3 using d3.select()?
- How can I append text to and render that text from a line in a force directed graph in D3.js?
- Using D3, I am trying to add and remove lines from a multi line chart when the legend is clicked
- DC.js choropleth map chart CSS conflicting with colouring, no map showing. How can I turn off the fill:none?
- In d3 4.0, how can I get extra data from the stratified object?
- How can I put circles at each point of the x and y coordinate of my line chart?
- How can I customize the label of X axis, that means the label in X axis is different from the data
More Query from same tag
- binding a function to a button d3.js - cannot make buttons switch colors in scatterplot
- Converting svg rect with background image to black-white
- How to use translate in d3 when data is loaded from external json
- How to modify tags of an already existing svg object with data from json file
- How do I animate the path of a line graph via d3?
- DC.js | How can I trigger my D3 updates?
- Return simulation and radius value for Bubble Graph after applying nest() in D3 v4
- Adding nodes inside svg rect using d3 force layout
- d3 - draw lines n number of times
- Prevent a graph from recalculating its own percentages
- selectAll("rect") selects all rectangles, but doesn't apply the mouseover function to some
- d3.js and document.onReady
- d3 v4: merge enter and update selections to remove duplicate code
- d3 concise axis update method
- AngularJS Filter causing a $digest cycle errors
- Labels and images for D3 nodes incorrectly show at top left of screen
- Sankey D3.js sankey.link is not a function
- d3 nesting two network csv files (nodes & edges)
- Error: <rect> attribute y: Expected length, "NaN"
- find specific nodes in d3js tree
- D3 select specific node by data
- Tween Arc outerRadius()
- How to highlight only certain coordinates in NVD3 line graph?
- C3js change axis time format on load
- Compilation errors when drawing a piechart using D3.js, TypeScript and Angular
- Apply updated data to line/path?
- How to assign id to the bar chart
- How do I visualize a relationship without a parent/child data structure?
- Why d3.event in dragging callback is somehow related to data coordinate
- Modifiying dimple layout grouped chart