When this is called the first time, there's no SVG and therefore the
.enter() selection will contain the data passed to it. On subsequent calls, the
.enter() selection will be empty and therefore nothing new added.
Concerning the specific questions:
.selectAll()returns an array which can then be matched to the array passed to
.empty()could be used, but it's not necessary -- if the selection is empty, nothing happens. Checking
.empty()would add an
ifstatement and have exactly the same effect.
- Yes. Have a look this tutorial for example for some more detail on selections.
- Reusable charts in d3: how do the create and update selections work?
- How to create floor plans that work nice with mobile and desktop browsers?
- How to create a reusable component in D3 with an API that manipulates each instance of the component?
- How do I create a minimap of an SVG using D3 v5 and show the current viewport dimensions?
- How to update the fill and sorting the values of lollipop chart?
- how can update the name of the legends and tooltip in a scatter plot?
- How to create horizontal bar stack and align the labels differently
- How can I create a basic bar chart with unique counts on the y axis and a category on the x axis?
- How to use d3 filter and update function to toggle between data selections
- With d3.js, how can I use the same script to create 3 charts with 3 datasources?
- How to synchronize scatter points and line chart during an update to the data?
- How to create a pie chart visualization in d3.js, typing the input manually and with smooth transitions
- How to generate graphs and charts on the fly using web2py
- How to update the innerRadius and the outterRadius of a donut chart in d3?
- How do I create the update function in D3JS
- D3.js: How to get the computed width and height for an arbitrary element?
- How can I get the D3.js axis ticks and positions as an array?
- D3: Create a continuous color scale with many strings/inputs for the range and dynamically changing values of the domain
- How to update elements of D3 force layout when the underlying data changes
- D3 how to change the width and length of SVG
- How to make the dc.js charts responsive
- What is the best way to update d3 charts using - AJAX
- how to set the domain and scale on an axis on a nvd3.js multiBarChart
- How can I change the radius and opacity of a circle in d3?
- How to create a choropleth of the world using d3?
- How to update the fill color on existing svg elements with d3.js?
- D3: How do I set "click" event and "dbclick" event at the same time?
More Query from same tag
- SVG Elliptical Arc with D3?
- Error parsing d=""
- How do you load d3.js with SystemJS?
- d3.timeParse("%Y") : dates 1895 before are not labled correctly
- D3js: How to interpolate datasets with irregular time intervals before stacking them?
- tree.links() for D3 v4
- D3.js force layout slow in IE 9
- Using local json variable for plotting d3 partition chart
- d3.select do not append
- What is the best way to create blocks of items in D3.JS
- d3.scale.quantize producing unexpected result, how to debug?
- How to get out of nested selectAll in D3JS?
- d3.js changing data on click (multiple instances of Donut Chart )
- An html file doesn't run from within my templates folder
- D3js force layout - line with gradient between nodes
- D3 word cloud layout circle and rectangular
- Overlapping legend d3.js
- Finding width of div hidden by CSS
- how would I access this selector using child/parent notation
- Rollup with d3 namedExports issue
- d3js choropleth won't fill
- Changing radius of multiple points on D3 scatterplot based on condition
- D3 - Add space between internal bars
- D3 bar chart not parsing csv
- Total value on top of stacked bars in fusion charts
- How to Show all the child nodes when there are many
- Parse csv as object with extra property
- d3 visualization not appearing
- d3 mulitple area chart converstion to line charts