Let me elaborate a bit more on the Lars' answer... erm.. I mean comment.
Your range will be divided into n bands each of width (size of range / number of bands = n) where n is the number of datum within the given data set. So if you have 100px and 10 datum you'll have that 100px/10 datum = 10px wide bars. That's why "You can't have bands with uneven width" - Lars <3
You can read more about rangeBands and rangeRoundBands here: https://github.com/mbostock/d3/wiki/Ordinal-Scales#ordinal_rangeBands
- d3.js uneven scaling with rangeBands
- Show full SVG with scaling intact
- D3 Scaling issue of Graph with appropriate scaling of Scales(Y-axis,X-axis)
- trouble with d3.js - scaling a path shape
- d3.js Stacked bar chart with Logarithmic Scaling
- Zooming or scaling with d3.js
- How to reset svg scaling and fit to screen for random but large maps/datasets with different orientations
- Scaling the y axis up, while scaling the x axis down with D3.js
- D3: issue with legend scaling
- Fixed center with dynamic axis scaling
- Scaling large values down to display them with D3.js
- d3.svg.line stroke is skewed when scaling y-dimension with SVG transform
- How do I remove all children elements from a node and then apply them again with different color and size?
- How do I save/export an SVG file after creating an SVG with D3.js (IE, safari and chrome)?
- Updating SVG Element Z-Index With D3
- Using D3.js with Angular 2
- Convert a directory structure in the filesystem to JSON with Node.js
- producing a "live" graph with D3
- How can I bring a circle to the front with d3?
- Appending multiple non-nested elements for each data member with D3.js
- How to set multiple attributes with one value function?
- d3 add multiple classes with function
- rMaps ichoropleth with custom map/shp
- How to select multiple selectors with selectAll?
- dealing with dates on d3.js axis
- How to use D3 selectAll with multiple class names
- D3 - how to deal with JSON data structures?
- d3.js Map (<svg>) Auto Fit into Parent Container and Resize with Window
More Query from same tag
- Select specific item from json file with d3
- Adding svg:circle elements to a d3.js line
- D3 Org Chart - How to make "limbs" collapse that aren't in use
- D3js: scale an axis on every bar chart
- d3js: why is first bar's data displaying incorrectly?
- show div and hide other ones - d3.js
- d3.js range selector not filtering tooltip
- 3d fisheye - how to make bars wider on mouseover?
- D3 - Select by id
- dc.js - how to get the average of a column in data set
- d3.js custom colors weird behavior - gradient problems
- D3 how to select text elements given a specific id attribute
- Multi-series bar chart in DC-js
- How to display values on top of nvd3 multi par graph?
- In a d3 scatterplot using data from a csv file, how do i draw lines connecting related points when the mouse is over a point?
- D3/Angular get window size
- dc.js calculate averages with multi column rowchart
- D3 - how to label x Axis correctly
- How to modify the content of an svg based dom using nodejs, d3 and jsdom?
- D3 Force layout fix positions
- Plotting Bar Chart from MySQL Database using D3.js
- Random fill colors in Chart.js
- SVG GaussianBlur quality
- D3 Force simulation in a grid
- d3 force layout nodes in predictable order
- Angular Directive $watch not responding
- Focus+context via brushing mouseovers zoom issue
- Insert scopedSlot into d3 svg using foreignObject