As far as I can tell, Cubism wants to poll — and seems to be designed completely around polling, not event-driven pushes. A custom metric is simply meant to fetch data the context decides it wants, so you'd really have to write a custom context designed with things like server-sent events and long-polling/_changes feed architectures.
Why not write a custom metric that fakes it? Basically, provide a
context.metric request function that's closed around a buffer. As you get events, put them in the buffer. Then when Cubism's context gets around to polling your metric fetch function (you can set the
clientDelay lower since now it won't actually increase network traffic) you can ± just shift the buffer out right away.
- Using server-sent events with cubism.js graphs
- Using dc.js on the clientside with crossfilter on the server
- Using D3.js + click events with Angular 6
- injecting the d3.js graphs correctly when using Angular directive multiple times with bootstrap
- semicircle bar graphs with extended edges using d3.js
- Using D3.js with Angular 2
- SVG to PNG Server side - using node.js
- How to draw line with arrow using d3.js
- Using arrow functions with d3
- How do I resolve "[ERR_REQUIRE_ESM]: Must use import to load ES Module" when using D3.js 7.0.0 with Next.js 11.0.1?
- How do I setup a local HTTP server using Python
- Using d3.js with Apache Zeppelin
- Using D3 transition method with data for scatter plot
- Multiple mouseover events with d3.tip
- Graph with auto layout using d3 (a tree with multiple parent nodes)
- Testing D3.js drag events with Cypress.js
- Using D3 with Elm
- Using d3-3d with pan & zoom while retaining rotation
- Make simple bar chart using C3 with separate columns on the x axis
- D3 fill shape with image using pattern
- D3 using classed() to add and remove class with checkbox
- How can I show a graph using d3 force layout with initial positions set and no movement at all?
- Using D3 with a multi-dimensional array/object
- Using AngularJS / AngularUI with d3.js and DOM effects
- How to show a tooltip with value when mouseover a svg line graph using d3.js?
- Using Handlebar with D3.js
- Line chart using ordinal x-axis with d3.js and nvd3.js
- D3: .transition() not working with events
- Testing onclick events on SVG with Cypress
- D3 V4 Transition on entering elements using General Update Pattern with merge
More Query from same tag
- path and x and y axis not being appended to g tag in d3.js
- What is the best way to set nvd3 x domain range for dynamically changing time?
- Move multi-line text element
- d3 Sankey assign fixed x,y position
- Simple Bar Plot with dimple.js and d3.js
- vuejs + d3: select returns element, but attr() returns null
- include d3.js into angular2 project
- Getting result of query in django view in d3
- Figuring out the calling DOM object in D3
- Load Json data into nvd3 graph
- Running D3.js examples
- d3.js collapsible force layout with images won't start with nodes collapsed
- XAxis time scale from csv data
- D3 Js bar chart label placement error
- D3 scales mess up my bar chart
- D3 circle pack layout mouseover event is getting triggered multiple times
- draw multiple lines on top of the gantt chart d3.js
- Embed a svg shape in d3tip tooltip
- Counting events
- D3 renders SVG. How can I get that SVG programmatically?
- Is there a way to make interactive standalone SVGs in a webpage?
- D3.js select filter update chart dimple.js
- Collision Detection Lost After Toggle (d3v4)
- Charts D3js + Extjs panel
- Which datastructure to send to d3.js script?
- Making Chart render for negative value efficiently
- Script does not work locally but does on server
- Accessing data from filtered group dc.js
- D3 data parsing and filtering out