The reason for this is that
d3.json is asynchronous. That is, the callback is not executed immediately, but when the call to get the JSON returns. What this means is that the block of code to initialise and start the force layout is run before the nested
d3.json calls return and add the data.
This is not a problem as such -- you can certainly add new items to the arrays you give to
force.links(). The problem is that the positions of these new items are not initialised, and that only happens on
force.start(). So after adding new nodes/links, you need to start the force layout again.
You should be able to fix this in your code by declaring
force further up and calling
force.start() at the end of each nested callback.
- Looping through extra data in D3 Directional Force Layout
- How to update elements of D3 force layout when the underlying data changes
- Looping through data attributes to create 4 separate bar charts... why are there "phantom" data elements being bound to the xAxis?
- How to make in d3 force layout the gravity data dependant
- how to visualize data from mysql database in force layout of d3 tool
- How to expand child from JSON, load data after click parent - D3.Js - force directed layout
- D3 force layout data doesn't update
- Node generation from json data for force layout
- Links overlapping with the image in directional force layout
- Different shapes according to data in D3 force layout
- Accessing data automatically assigned by force layout
- How to link extra attributes from json data in a D3.js force layout?
- How to change the data in a force layout graph dynamically ? D3
- map function to get radius data from csv for d3 force layout
- D3.js Force Layout Graph blank space with external data
- Rerender D3 Force directed Layout with new data
- making d3 force layout work with labeled data
- Changing the data used by a d3 force layout
- D3 Force Layout Graph load data from file
- Is it possible to save extra data in the node object of a forced layout
- How to update a data of a node in d3 force layout using react
- Change the data used in a force layout
- Add labels to force layout where data is only client side (D3)
- Getting bound data without d3 info when using Force Layout
- how to import php script that convert mysql data to json format, from d3.json function in force directed layout
- Is there a way to zoom into a D3 force layout graph?
- Fix Node Position in D3 Force Directed Layout
- How to make force layout graph in D3.js responsive to screen/browser size
- Calm down initial tick of a force layout
- Updating links on a force directed graph from dynamic json data
More Query from same tag
- Establish the extent of an axis in d3 post-render
- Elastic X axis for stacked barchart, removing the empty bins [dc.js]
- Animating D3 donut chart on load
- Updating D3 zoom behavior from v3
- How to stop d3.histogram() trimming leading and trailing empty bins
- Always center bar on ordinal for bar charts
- How to change all elements except clicked element?
- Offline / IDE Means of Exporting Graph as SVG or PNG Image
- d3.js legend overlapping chart area
- D3 Scatterplot with thousands of data points
- How can I add zooming to the d3 collapsible tree example?
- Paths not drawn after dragging in parallel coordinate in d3 V4
- Bad SVG performance on Ipad
- d3 array input line graph example
- embed json file within d3.js
- d3js force directed - On hover to node, highlight/colourup linked nodes and links?
- d3.csv Pie Chart Example
- Selecting nested data in D3
- D3 does not support property gantt()
- dc datatable without grouping the rows
- how to properly read a csv file with not standard encoding in d3.js
- How do I merge two images into one?
- printing date in different format on x-axis in d3.js
- Masonry algorithm for d3.js
- How to select text on onClick event of pie chart?
- d3.js How to add lines to a bar chart
- How do i access d3 element dom data?
- D3Js Tree layout auto-zoom functionality
- Binding color to data in d3
- d3js interact with text inside a node using mouseover