With regards to your first question, as long as you create an endpoint which will return your data as JSON, any web app can be used with d3.
I think if you just want to add charts, something like nvd3 which is based on d3 but comes with generalized charts pre-made is a good alternative. If you want to avoid using svg, http://www.chartjs.org/ is another good alternative which uses a
- third party API data for ruby on rails web application
- d3 equivalent for Ruby on Rails?
- What is the d3.js v4.0 equivalent for d3.scale.category10()?
- Equivalent of d3 scale.bandwidth() for a linear scale's ticks?
- Preparing Data to Plot in d3.js from Ruby on Rails Database
- Basic JSON Formatting for C3.js when data loaded via URL using Rails
- how to properly install dc.js for using with Rails 5?
- what is the equivalent group code for nest and group functions in D3 V6
- How can we use d3.js in a ruby on rails document?
- Possible to visualize neo4j graph in ruby on rails application?
- "Uncaught ReferenceError" from d3 with importmaps on Ruby On Rails
- How can I feed ruby on rails data into d3.js?
- enter() d3.js doesn't work on a html.erb file ruby rails
- Display information in line graph using d3.js with Ruby on Rails
- Animating circles getting clipped using D3.js with Ruby on Rails
- Create a json object in Rails app for d3.js but depending on the paginating
- D3.js: How to get the computed width and height for an arbitrary element?
- Python equivalent of D3.js
- A good book for learning D3.js
- Appending multiple non-nested elements for each data member with D3.js
- How to set text color for my d3 chart title?
- How to disable double click zoom for d3.behavior.zoom?
- How do I display dates on the x-axis for nvd3 / d3.js?
- Learning d3.js for data visualisation
- D3 v4 .rangeBand() equivalent
- Styles in component for D3.js do not show in angular 2
- d3 selector for immediate children
- D3 Differentiate between click and drag for an element which has a drag behavior
- How/Where do I get geoJSON data for states, provinces, and administrative regions of non-US countries?
More Query from same tag
- d3 update path with maximum value of area
- D3 tutorial doesn't work on local machine
- Width in d3 heatmap
- How do I change the colour of markers (arrow heads)?
- D3 Adding hyperlinks to objects?
- How to draw a diamond with the path "d" attribute?
- How do you change color of lines drawn in d3 with svg?
- Adding/removing class with D3
- How to Place labels and give color range by number
- Getting next or previous result when using Data function in D3.js
- Using D3 Drag on grouped elements
- Why d3 removes data during second update
- Tooltip not populating: D3 stacked Bar Chart
- DB and D3 connection via php. Unable to complete D3noob's tutorial
- How to select an element in svg in D3
- What is the use of the plus sign here?
- How to determine if i have implemented d3 correctly?
- How to format array of values to form a distribution for google-charts histogram?
- Selecting IDs with numbers within a range
- html label inside d3 element
- D3 transformation not applied to multiple <g> elements
- D3.js exit().remove() does not remove data/line
- dc charts look different when building Angular App in production mode
- Highlight all connected paths from start to end of a sankey diagram using networkD3
- d3 data scaling issue
- Optimizing charge, linkDistance and gravity in d3 force-directed layouts
- Linear scale not using range specified in d3