I got answer from mbostock:
As shown in the https://jsfiddle.net/vbabenko/5shshq97/7/ , this is a
Safari bug (or if you like, an alternative interpretation of the specification). Safari does not dispatch wheel events to the SVG when there is no SVG content under the pointer; the events get sent to whatever is underneath the SVG element (the body in this case). In contrast other browsers dispatch wheel events to the SVG element anywhere inside its bounding rect.
If you want the SVG to receive the event on all browsers, you must put some content in the SVG to capture the wheel event. Here is a fixed test case: https://bl.ocks.org/mbostock/9e3fed7a5904991e7973a87628d9f84d
- D3.js zoom is not working with mousewheel in safari
- D3.js zoom with Ordinal axis not working - Issue with setup of scale in zoom behavior?
- d3 world map with country click and zoom almost working not quite
- Title Attribute not working for an SVG Rect on Safari
- Angular 4 + D3v4 : dragging circle not working correctly in conjunction with zooming
- d3 zoom not working as in example
- d3.select is not working with special Characters
- D3 Zoom functionality is not working in Google chrome
- D3: .transition() not working with events
- Convex hull not working with zoom/pan
- Remove event listener with d3js not working
- D3 graph with area fill not working
- Removing y-axis end ticks with tickSizeOuter(0) is not working
- Trouble with d3 zoom transform. Error: [ts] Property 'translate' does not exist on type 'Event | BaseEvent'
- Positioning svg x/y coordinates with css not working with iOS devices?
- area chart with d3 is not rendering on jsp page but working fine with html
- CSS transform-origin not working for svg in safari
- Initial zoom not working in d3 v4
- General update pattern not working as expected with d3.selection
- d3 with bootstrap tooltip: titles not working with data updating
- D3 forced layout zoom and pan not working
- d3.js 'mousewheel' event is NOT working on Firefox (it works only in Chrome, Safari and IE browsers)
- Projection in D3 v5 not working with coordinates data
- Multiple line chart not working with date format
- d3 Bar chart with a tool tip is not working
- Select SVG elements using rectangle select box not working during zoom : d3.js
- d3-tip npm module not working with browserify
- D3 bar chart not working properly with all negative and positive values
- d3.js : re-inserting elements during dragstart/mousedown interferes with click events in Chrome and Safari but not Firefox
- viewbox with pixel value to make d3 chart resposive is not working properly
More Query from same tag
- How to export neo4j data to csv/json
- D3.js updating bar chat
- SVG doesn't render on screen, console log shows "false" suggesting promise was rejected
- D3.js update Treemap dynamically
- Using squares to represent counts in a map
- How to integrate D3.js with backbone.js
- d3js Bars not appearing on Legend
- D3.js visual selecting image URL from object array dataset
- d3js - Trouble with select().on('click')
- Read CSV with d3 (v3 or v4), save data and callback
- How can I listen mouse events from d3 when jquery drag & drop is in action?
- Groups and lines from nested data
- d3.js barchart inline stroke
- Updating chart.ygrids in Billboard.js does not update the class
- D3 DataMaps: OnClick Events on Bubbles
- How to append circles selectively?
- d3 treemap dynamic data not adjusting cell width/height
- js var does not get value of document.getElementById( ).value
- Different bar data x-axis using D3.js
- D3 barchart using external data
- D3.js - how can I position a force chart upwards and to the left of a page?
- Update options in a drop-down menu based on another drop-down
- How to position the bubbles in bubble map statewise and in a row/column
- How to use custom Angular filter inside directive with D3
- d3 version 4 circle pack passing in data
- How do I translate d3.js nodes?
- Splicing array removes wrong node in force-directed graph
- D3plus is not defined