I've received a crash log in iTunes for:
Dyld Message: Library not loaded: @rpath/Foo.framework/Foo
There are several of these, each for a different framework that is included in the app, although there isn't one for every framework.
I understand what a "library not loaded" crash means, and how to fix one that is happening on every run of the app - it's just "add the framework to copy files, because you forgot to before". My impression is an app should either crash with this error every time it is run, or none of the times it is run - either the framework is included in the bundle, or it isn't.
A few more details:
- I can't reproduce this, and the vast majority of users seem to be getting along fine.
- There are crash reports for both workspace (normal "Copy Files") and Carthage (
carthage copy-frameworks) frameworks.
What should I do to investigate and fix these crashes?
This appears to happen when the device itself runs too low on memory. It's an iOS bug that should be fixed in iOS 9.3.2 (released May 16, 2016). The users that experience have many apps crashing for them during launch. The only way they can solve it is by restarting their device.
The issue is caused by apps using too many (third party) Frameworks. So you can either remove Frameworks (by for example copying third party code into your project) or wait for users to get the iOS update with the fix.
Credit To: stackoverflow.com
- iTunes crash logs with "dyld message: Library not loaded..."
- dyld: Library not loaded with cocoapods 0.37 and Xcode 6.3
- Xamarin.iOS app crashing with error DYLD Library not loaded, mapped file has no cdhash, Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed
- iOS: dyld: Library not loaded with SQLite
- dyld issues library not loaded
- Dyld Error Message:dyld_sim is not compatible with the loaded process, likely due to architecture mismatch
- dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath with iOS8
- xcode 6 upload app with error: iTunes Store operation failed Error Description not available
- Xcode Error with Crash Symbol Upload: symbolFileUploadLocation: The caller does not have permission
- ld: library not found for -lFirebaseCore clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
- Allocations tracking library was not loaded in time and unable to see stack trace
- Module was not compiled with library evolution support; using it means binary compatibility for can't be guaranteed
- iOS 8 Dynamic Framework: Library Not Loaded
- Xcode Instruments error: "Allocations tracking library was not loaded in time"
- Is it possible to use a static library only when testing with device and not simulator?
- Error showing : dyld_sim is not compatible with the loaded process
- Invalid Toolchain message even though app not submitted with beta software
- Why do I get "could not be added to your itunes library because it is not a valid app" error when trying to install Ad-Hoc build?
- Bug with Instagram API Login - This page could not be loaded
- How to get crash logs of Testflight external testers on Xcode or iTunes connect?
- Migrating to xcframwork Xcode 12.5, dyld: Library not loaded
- CocoaPods with React Native: `ld: library not found for -lReact`
- Itunes app links are not working with WkWebview
- dylib Library not loaded due to restricted binary after apple code signing
- React Native 0.63.2 iOS Build Error with `ld: library not found for -lAppAuth`
- App crash on startup with only update not fresh install
- xcodebuild error "binaries with multiple platforms are not supported" while generating xcframework library
- Xcode error - dyld: Library not loaded won't resolve
- CrashLytics prints some log message after initializing and crash logs are emailed
- Library not found for -llib. (clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation))
- I can not get a crash report in iTunes Connect
- Custom framework not loaded dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/Custom.framework/
- Sitecore Media Library Not Compatible with iOS?
- iPhone App Rejected by Apple with crash report - can not reproduce
- Symbolicating crash log for app with static library
- Library not loaded issue in Xcode
- Xcode crash Logs not appearing
- Xcode 12 Module 'RxSwift' was not compiled with library evolution support; using it means binary compatibility for '' can't be guaranteed
- PythonKit error "Python library not found. Set the PYTHON_LIBRARY environment variable with the path to a Python library"
- Library not loaded @rpath/AFNetworking iOS
- xCode device logs not populating after application crash
- iOS 5.1 app crash on startup with Symbol not found: _NSFontAttributeName
- Xamarin.iOS app launch crash, no crash logs and no failure message in console
- Static library and cocoapods with Xcode 6.1.1 - ld: library not found Error
- New Crash Logs do not Appear in Organizer for one specific iOS device
- ld: library not found for -lGoogleAnalyticsServices clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
- Crash with "Symbol not found: _OBJC_CLASS_$_NSMutableURLRequest"
- Firebase crash report dump_syms is not permitted in iTunes connect upload
- iOS crash: library not loaded mremap_encrypted
- ld: library not found for -lgcc_s.1 when creating AIR iOS package with native extension
More questions with similar tag
- Custom Camera view for UIImagePickerController that uses the base camera UI?
- How do I pass options (to didFinishLaunchingWithOptions) to the app I activate from my tweak?
- CCLabelTTF disappear after CCSequence
- Relationships between File Owner, App Delegate, View Controller, etc
- Unity application crashes on iOS due to shader not compiled
- Why does the value in this dictionary change?
- I am creating a checkbox list with react-native-elements. How do I check only one box at a time?
- UIDocumentInteractionController for remote pdf files
- iOS using sockets to talk to other apps
- Is there a way to attach file with outlook's URL scheme?
- Where does the title in Universal Link smart banners come from?
- Calling other facetime emails in iOS
- subscribe to a url to add event in ical
- Why does the Android GPS-Fix vary by 200 ms?
- How to use aps.cer file for APN (Push notification) with Node.js?
- Swift: CoreImage Face Detection will Detect Every round object as a Face
- Core Location didEnterRegion didn't work
- How to use Auto Layout to stick a view from the right to the left of the screen?
- iPhone CoreData migration fails with "Can't find model for source store"
- UITableViewRowAnimationNone - behaving as UITableViewRowAnimation(Top/Bottom)
- Completion Handler causing EXC_BAD_ACCESS when same method is called twice
- how to call malloc in arm64 ios assembly
- Making a nav bar disappear in Xamarin.Forms
- UIActivityViewController in a PopOverViewController Crashing in Swift
- Documentation on how to use Greystripe ads with MonoTouch
- How to get EKSource for iCloud?
- iBeacon case - trigger didEnterRegion with distance constraints
- iOS Simulator failed to install the application after installing a new macosx
- Problme Recipients MFMessageComposeViewController
- Interface builder agent crashes when accessing @IBInspectable UIImage
- iOS : Universal framework is creating issue while submitting to app store
- iOS in app/push messages by GameCenter ID
- How to enable autolayout in storyboard Xcode 8
- (null): iPad: application executable contains unsupported architecture(s): armv7s (-19031)
- cocos2d landscape game present portrait viewcontroller