A clothes dryer is a very popular and common household appliance in our home which is used to dry clothes.
A clothes dryer will use from 1800 to 6000 watts depending on the load size and moisture on the clothes. Most dryers use around 3500 watts.
A dryer power consumption depends on the load size and moisture on the fabric, but they will typically consume 1.4 to 6 kWh per load. According to a report clothes dryers in the US use about 4 kWh of their average household.
We tried an evaluation and found that the clothes dryer consumed 3.4 kWh of power for one load.
How much electricity does a clothes dryer use?
Let assume that your clothes dryer operates 1 hour a day and say your model uses 3500 watts, you can find The wattage label that displays the power consumption of the clothes dryer, Look like this or check device manual.
3500 watts X 1 hours = 3500 watt-hours per day
How many kilowatts does a clothes dryer use?
3500 watt-hours per day / 1000 = 3.5 kWh per day
How much does it cost to run a clothes dryer every day?
3.5 kWh per month x $ 0.10 per kWh = $ .35 per day
How much does it cost to run a clothes dryer?
3.5 kWh per day X 30 days = 105 kWh per month
105 kWh per month x $ 0.10 per kWh = $ 10.5 per month
@assuming per unit cost 10 cents
Average Wattage for Household Appliances
|Television (53″-61″)||170 watts|
Dryer Maintenance Tips
Today, W are going to provide you with some Tips on how to maintain your Clothe Dryer and keep it in proper working order.
Your ventilation system on a dryer must be made of non-flammable material or hardened metal. If you have bent pipe made of plastic or PVC plastic is flammable and if it catches fire, it can be dangerous for you. Here are important points to remember.
The maximum venting distance for your dryer is 30 feet. Make sure your vent pipe exits the house from where it is no longer. If your vent pipe has twists, you need to remember that it adds a distance of five feet to the entire run. At any time this means that the pipe is over a total distance of 30 feet, it can cause backpressure in the dryer cavity, and when the inner cave will form lint and pose a fire hazard.
Using the below two indicators you can easily find out the airflow issues in your dryer.
- Increase in Dry Time
- Limp filter obstruction i. e your lint filter is not receiving full air lint.
The second one is an important indicator that airflow is interrupted in the dryer. And remember, uninterrupted airflow can cause a fire hazard.
Also, make sure that you clean your lint filter after each use. If you are using a dryer sheet, the dryer sheet can begin to obscure the airflow process through the lint filter. If the airflow process becomes dirty, the lint will not accumulate properly on the lint filter.
Let me tell you that Dryer is a major cause of fire in the USA. Always keep in mind, the fire starts in the cavity of the dryer.
The wall vent usually consists of a flapper that open when the air out of the unit. Occasionally the flapper or shutter may fall out, which may allow rodents and other animals to crawl into the vent system and obscure airflow. If you notice that the lantern remains around those shutters, remove it and make sure the shutters are opening freely.
Energy Saving Tips
If you want to save the electricity then try clothes or towels is to hang for drying them.This will also save your clothes and energy will also be saved.
- You can use the washing machine dryer for clothes drying. It is important to take precautions when using the dryer.
- The cloth cleaning expert says delicate and soft material dress as well as shoes, bathing suits, upper body wear should be avoided from the dryer.
- Also, arrange some equipment like floor-standing racks in the house.Some small clothes such as an undergarment, socks, etc can also dry from your hairdryer.
- Don’t forget to clean the dryer filter after every load. This improves the efficiency of your dryer
- Buy an automatic cloth dryer so that it should have a moisture sensor. so that your dryer turns off as soon as the clothes dry.
- household devices energy consumption
- electricity bill calculator of household
- tv/lcd/led power consumption
- ceiling fan power consumption
- washing machine power consumption
- electric iron power consumption
- clothes dryer power consumption
- crt monitor electricity consumption
- xbox power consumption
- electric kettle power consumption
- dishwasher power consumption
- microwave oven power consumption
- air conditioner power consumption
- water heater power consumption
- space heater power consumption
The post Clothes Dryer Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Clothes Dryer appeared first on Software Development | Programming Tutorials.
Read More Articles
- TV Power Consumption
- Microwave Oven Power Consumption | Average Microwave Power Use Per Day
- Dishwasher Power Consumption | How Much Does a Dishwasher Cost To Run Per Hour
- Electric Kettle Power Consumption
- Air Conditioner Power Consumption Chart | AC Electric Bill Calculator
- Water Heater Power Consumption | Heater Energy Usage
- Space Heaters Power Consumption
- Ceiling Fan Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Fan
- Washing Machine Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Washing Machine
- Electric Iron Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Iron