In the case that you are still interested in 'dropping data points', you can have a look at the github issue which is recently active again. See link
Else, if you want to render even more time series data in a 'scalable' way, why not use the Chartjs time series/financial line plot ? You can check it out at the official documentation here ...
http://www.chartjs.org/samples/latest/scales/time/financial.html ... Which is a variant of the line chart ; check out the source code. Caveat is, use it as is (the source example) if you don't mind not having interactive tooltips.
Nonetheless in addition to xnakos's comment , a final thought (a bit of extra that crossed my mind..) on performance renders for even larger data sets, you may experiment with the combination of setting smaller pointRadius (non zero), and not rendering the lines instead. I have found this trick useful as well for allot of points on screen. In your datasets, just set
showLine = 'false' and see how to make it work for you.
- Chartjs 2 scaling lots of data points
- ChartJS bar not showing up for simple data points
- ChartJs line chart - display permanent icon above some data points with text on hover
- Add Commas to ChartJS Data Points
- Missing Tooltip for some data points using chartjs
- Chartjs not showing all data points
- ChartJS - How to change color of some data points in graph
- How to properly feed data to ChartJS with different number of x(labels) and y(data) points
- ChartJS have xAxes labels match data source
- Calling data from outside of Chartjs code
- Showing points data withou hover chartjs
- Hide points in ChartJS LineGraph
- Skip decimal points on y-axis in chartJS
- Chartjs Bar Chart showing old data when hovering
- ChartJS - Different color per data point
- Chartjs random colors for each part of pie chart with data dynamically from database
- Connecting points between missing data in chart.js
- Chart.js - Hover labels to display data for all data points on x-axis
- ChartJS - Draw chart with label by month, data by day
- Displaying JSON data in Chartjs
- Chartjs v2 - format tooltip for multiple data sets (bar and line)
- Adding Image inside Linechart points in ChartJs
- Chartjs hide data point labels
- ChartJS : How to leave just points without lines
- Chart.js: only show labels on x-axis for data points
- Updating chartJS with dynamic data
- ChartJS show gaps in time data
- Chart JS show multiple data points for the same label
- Chartjs Line Color Between Two Points
- dump missing date in data for chartjs
More Query from same tag
- How to set y axis to the max dataset value in Chartjs?
- Synchronizing zoom between multiple charts
- Adding condition in ComponentDidMount to display chart data
- charts.js not updating after ajax request
- Show gridlines over graph in chart.js, show bold x-axis label in chart.js, mixure of intersecting graph colors in chart.js
- Draw line between starting point and Ending point in semi doughnut chart in chart js
- Best way to connect Django Query results to Chart.js charts?
- Chart.js Point image on hover
- Can we use EJS tags with ChartsJS?
- Pie chart inside doughnut on same canvas
- NuxtJS ChartJS Gradient Color doesnt apply
- Chart JS tooltips diffrent colors for label
- destroy method implementation in pie chart chartjs
- Draw points and lines inside a bar in bar chart
- Is it possible to dynamically add more Y Axes or more X Axes on chart js?
- Chart.js load new data
- Laravel Vue error when trying to use chart.js with Laravel-charts package
- Why is this chartjs graph not being loaded? (Using Vue.js)
- Using Chart.js client-side in Atlasboard
- Adding image on the top of bar in chartjs
- Chart.js not height responsive
- Redraw the old donut and create a new one by clicking on each color Chart.js
- My data array has null values in chart.js. Is there a way to draw a line between the two segments to maintain visual progress?
- Chart.JS not working in Xpages, chart not defined errror
- ChartJs not showing top label
- chart.js show no charts in IE11
- Force two Chart.js doughnut charts with legends to same size in Bootstrap columns
- React-Chartjs-2 and Chartjs v3:Option Property
- How to reduce the distance between yAxes in Chart.js?
- chart js download to png with canvas.toDataURL() not working in IE and firefox