Ceiling fans are available in various diameters(or Sweeps). Sweeps determine the total area of the ceiling fan.
The most available regular ceiling fans in the market usually have a 1200 mm area of influence.
Usually, ceiling fans cover a larger area because they fitted in the center of the room.So most common ceiling fans available in the market, usually consume 70-85 watts of electricity. The ceiling fans whose impact area or diameter is less, their wattage is similar to the table fan.
A ceiling fan is very cheap compared to the air conditioner. They consume very small Energy as compared to the air conditioner. If you feeling relax using ceiling fans during the hot season then you can save a lot of energy and money. If you are not in the room then don’t forget about turn off the fan.
How much electricity does a Ceiling Fan Consume?
Let assume that your Ceiling Fan operates 4 hours a day, Average power consumption of the Ceiling Fan between 50 to 80 watts.Let say your model uses 70 watts
70 watts X 4 hours = 280 watt-hours per day
How many kilowatts does a Ceiling Fan use?
280 watt-hours per day / 1000 = .28 kWh per day
Ceiling Fan cost to run per hour
.28 kWh per month x 0.10 per kWh = $ .028 per day
How much does it cost to run a Ceiling Fan?
.028 kWh per day X 30 days = .84 kWh per month
.84 kWh per month x 0.10 per kWh = $ .84 per month
@assuming per unit price 10 cents
For the air in the room, we take the help of a ceiling fan. We control the temperature of the house from the ceiling fan. The ability of the ceiling fan to air depends on its coil, motor, condenser and size of the blade Etc.
Power Consumption of ceiling fan at different speeds
|Speed||Ceiling Fan Wattage|
Ceiling Fan Energy Saving Quick Tips
Choose the fan according to the size of your room and install it correctly, correct placement will help to maximize airflow.
The fan should be installed in such a way that the blade is not more than 9-10 feet from the floor, otherwise, the airflow in the room will not be good.If you have a high ceiling, use an expansion rod to reduce the fan height.
A normal 36-inch ceiling fan can circulate the airflow about 6-7 feet from the center of the fan, and the 48-inch fan can have a range of 8-10 feet.
The wrong installation can cause an electrical issue like lightning strikes, damage to power lines, etc and also devices works less effectively.
Read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully for proper installation. Check outlet box you are using for the installation of ceiling fans.
Periodic lubrication of the fan
Periodic lubrication is very important for some ceiling fans to operate smoothly.Use lubricant oil to fill the oil hole at the top of the motor. Fill this hole until the oil drains and rinse excess with a tissue or rag.
Clean the fan
Apart from enjoying the fan’s air, take care of it. Keep oiling at the right time. Do not run continuously for long. So that the hot motor got a chance to cool down. Along with this, electricity will also be saved. Cleaning of the fan is also important because dust blades make its blades heavy.
For the long life of a ceiling fan, it is very important to clean it, the fan should be cleaned at least once a year.
For cleaning the ceiling fan, you can take the help of a stool.
Clean the blade with the help of a brush and then you can use a wet cloth that is dipped in soapy water to remove the remaining sticky stains.
In addition, you can use a vacuum for removing dust from the motor as dust can cause the fan to run slower.
If you are going out of the house, don’t forget to close your ceiling fan.As you go to work. Make sure to Turn off the lights, close the doors and close your ceiling fans. Doing so can result in big energy savings.
The ceiling fans have a large market, they are used in homes and offices, due to which more attention is given to them in terms of improvement in technology. This is the reason that the ceiling fan’s wattage is decreasing based on every day. hopefully, they are more efficient in the future.
In the US and cold countries, 4-blade fans are used as supplements of air conditioners (ACs), which aims to spread AC air into the entire room.
Since the 4-blade fan runs slower than a 3-blade fan, the work becomes easy because of them.
Whereas the fan is used only for cold air in India. Since the 3-blade fan is light and fast, therefore the 3-blade fan is used much in Warm countries.
Chair or table fan
A pedestal or table fan is in a standing position whose diameter is limited or you can say less.Due to limited diameter, he can produce the air in limited room space but with ‘rotating’ or ‘swing’ options, it can increase the base of air operations.
Rotation with the central road allows them to cover more areas, but due to this, it also causes intermittent wind movement in different directions, which may create some problems.
They have usually kept in a corner inside the room or a particular place in the room. But, if the room is big, the air produced by them usually cannot reach all the places. During a domestic audit conducted by the US, we found that a normal chair or table fan was consuming power between 45-55 watts at different speeds.
- household devices energy consumption
- electricity bill calculator of household
- tv/lcd/led power consumption
- ceiling fan power consumption
- washing machine power consumption
- electric iron power consumption
- clothes dryer power consumption
- crt monitor electricity consumption
- xbox power consumption
- electric kettle power consumption
- dishwasher power consumption
- microwave oven power consumption
- air conditioner power consumption
- water heater power consumption
- space heater power consumption
The post Ceiling Fan Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Fan appeared first on Software Development | Programming Tutorials.
Read More Articles
- [Simple Way]-Fetch data from API and display in table React Js
- [Simple Way]-How to display array data into tables in Reactjs
- Inline table editing with edit and delete icon in React Js
- How to add new rows to an existing word document table in C#
- How to add, edit and delete rows of an HTML table with Jquery?
- How to make an Inline editable table in MVC using jquery?
- How to change database table columns without dropping the table
- How to Get the list of all Tables, Views, Stored procedures
- How to Log record changes in SQL server in an audit table
- Differences Between Derived Table & CTE,Views,Temp Table and Temp Variable
- INNER JOIN,RIGHT JOIN,LEFT JOIN USING LINQ IN Multiple Table C#
- Temporary Tables in sql server with real time example
- How to update table using CTE in sql server
- How to find second or Nth maximum salary from salary table
- How to create a multi-statement table valued function
- How to create Inline table-valued functions in SQL server
- [Solved]-How To Update a Table using JOIN in SQL Server?
- [Solved]- find records from one table which don’t exist in another Sql
- [Solved]-Adding a column with a default value to an existing table in SQL Server
- TV Power Consumption
- Microwave Oven Power Consumption | Average Microwave Power Use Per Day
- Dishwasher Power Consumption | How Much Does a Dishwasher Cost To Run Per Hour
- Electric Kettle Power Consumption
- Air Conditioner Power Consumption Chart | AC Electric Bill Calculator
- Water Heater Power Consumption | Heater Energy Usage
- Space Heaters Power Consumption
- Ceiling Fan Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Fan
- Washing Machine Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Washing Machine
- Electric Iron Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Iron
- Clothes Dryer Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Clothes Dryer
- CRT Monitor Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of CRT
- Power Consumption Calculation | Energy Consumption Calculator
- Refrigerator Power Consumption | Electricity Usage of Refrigerator
- Game Console Power Consumption Calculator