Searching the ways to fix SQL server database corruption problem? Find out the best possible ways to deal with SQL server MDF file corruption problem easily.
How to Fix SQL Server Database Corruption
Microsoft SQL Server is a powerful relational database management system that allows you to manage large sets of data. However, you may face some issues or corruption and once the database becomes corrupted, it is important to fix the problem immediately or risk losing all data in the database.
SQL database corruption problems can be difficult to troubleshoot and fix, but they don't have to be! This blog is dedicated to helping you to fix SQL server database corruption issues and get your data back up and running.
Additional Tips : Click here to know how to check SQL Server database corruption problem.
SQL Database Corruption Causes
Database corruption most often occurs in MDF files as these are the data files holding the most crucial data. Corruption can result from various possible causes such as:
- Hardware failure
- Bugs in SQL database
- Sudden power failure and unexpected system shutdown
- Virus attack
- Storing SQL database in compressed folders
When a database is corrupted, files can become inaccessible to users. If you try to access them, you might get several errors like,
- MSG 823/824/825 error in SQL Server
- Error 9004 in SQL Server
- Metadata Corruption Error
- SQL Server Page Level Corruption
- SQL Server Table Corruption
The SQL Server database faces these common errors. To overcome these errors, make sure to have a proper backup to restore the database.
Let’s start with a manual method which shows how to fix database corruption in the SQL server.
Even though repairing a database through the MS SQL Server Management Studio will fix it for you, don't rely on this as your go-to option. If the corruption seems mild, there could be conflicts and unintended consequences from using these commands such as data loss.
You may need an advanced type of SQL recovery software which we will explore in the next method.
Hence we will go through the basics of SQL Server Management Studio so that you can just fix the corrupted database.
To proceed, launch the Database in emergency mode to get access to admin-only. The steps are in the following order,
- Start → All Programs → MS SQL Server → SQL Server Management Studio.
- Once the database is connected click on New Query.
- Next, insert the below-mentioned command in the New Query.
- Click on Execute.
Remember, this method won’t work most of the time as this commands may lead to data loss. Hence, SQL database recovery software is the ultimate solution.
If you're looking for an easy way to fix corrupted MS SQL databases,
SQL Recovery Software is your answer. This high-powered tool was specifically designed to recover and repair MS SQL Databases from damage or corruption.
It can even restore the lost or destroyed contents of your database - including tables, missing records, indexing information, triggers, stored procedures, keys, rules...anything!
The software has many terrific features that will help to save your day. These include,
- Repairs corrupt MDF and NDF database files
- Recovers deleted records from SQL database
- Uses parallel processing to process and store multiple tables at once
- Supports SQL server running on Windows or Linux platform
- Multiple saving options
Just a matter of a few steps and you are good to go with Stellar Repair for MS SQL Database recovery tool.1.First, choose the MDF file for your SQL database from the Stellar SQL repair tool's main interface screen.
8.Provide a name for the new database, choose where you would like to save it on your system, and then hit Next again.
9.Enter Fast Saving Mode to quickly save the repaired data. Select Standard Saving if you want both saved data and indexes saved at once. Hit Save.
This write-up has all the information you need to know on how to fix database corruption in the SQL server. Manual and automated methods are discussed so that everyone can find one that best fits their needs. It's important to remember, though, that manual solutions do involve a lot of brainstorming and make it difficult for professionals who need to access these databases regularly.
For this reason, we always recommend an automated solution like Stellar Repair for MS SQL as it simplifies the entire process and speeds up recovery time significantly.
Read More Articles
- Linq to SQL Group by and Sum in Select | Linq To SQL Group By and Sum
- [Simple Way]-How to get data from database using JQuery Ajax in asp net MVC
- [Best Way]-How to display JSON data in HTML using Ajax
- How send an HTTP POST request to a server from Excel using VBA?
- Create Asp.Net Core Web Api Using Entity Framework Database First
- What is Difference between where and having clauses in SQL server
- How to Use EXCEPT Operator with an example in Sql
- How to use merge statement in the SQL server
- How to change database table columns without dropping the table
- How to write Re-runnable SQL server query